Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

Fire or ‘Way to Go!’ Tom Allen?

Recommended Posts

It is not a stretch to say the game at Maryland is the biggest in Allen’s tenure at IU. A loss leaves very little margin for error to make a bowl and will cause fans to roll their eyes and say “same old IU.” He has to start winning some 50/50 and even 40/60 games to have any success.

This I agree with.

My only question for you is, if he does win this weekend will you be back on here to give him credit for winning the biggest game in his tenure?


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

It is not a stretch to say the game at Maryland is the biggest in Allen’s tenure at IU. A loss leaves very little margin for error to make a bowl and will cause fans to roll their eyes and say “same old IU.” He has to start winning some 50/50 and even 40/60 games to have any success.

We've typically been good for one B1G road win a year. I think this has to be it if we want to get to six wins. Can we win at Nebraska or Purdue? Sure. Will we? I doubt it. Can we win at Penn State? No chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

We've typically been good for one B1G road win a year. I think this has to be it if we want to get to six wins. Can we win at Nebraska or Purdue? Sure. Will we? I doubt it. Can we win at Penn State? No chance. 


I will be more than a little disappointed if we don’t win two out of three among the Maryland, Nebraska, and Purdue road games.

 I believe we have a real shot of beating Michigan in Bloomington too. That one would be my favorite because it should shut up the naysayers (though it won’t even if we win).

Disclaimer; my expectations are based on the team generally staying healthy, and if Penix is out all bets are off.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:


I will be more than a little disappointed if we don’t win two out of three among the Maryland, Nebraska, and Purdue road games.

 I believe we have a real shot of beating Michigan in Bloomington too. That one would be my favorite because it should shut up the naysayers (though it won’t even if we win).

Disclaimer; my expectations are based on the team generally staying healthy, and if Penix is out all bets are off.

 

If we beat Michigan would be very disappointed if we didn’t also get 2 out of those 3. 
 

7-5 would be a very successful season and the most successful in 12 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I could see a big wave of support if Allen was able to win 2 or 3 of the @Maryland, @Nebraska, vs. purdoodoo games to get to a bowl game. If we reach 7 or 8 wins before a bowl I could see an extension.

However, if he fails to make a bowl game with 4 legit chances I could see a lot of people wanting a change. This is the time that “same ol Indiana” falls flat on its face. Can he “breakthrough” and do something that hasn’t been done in forever?!


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agree. The stars are kinda aligned for Allen. Many winnable games with the exception of Penn St IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

If we beat Michigan would be very disappointed if we didn’t also get 2 out of those 3. 
 

7-5 would be a very successful season and the most successful in 12 years. 

Don't care how we do it as long as we get 6. Anything beyond that is gravy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm counting a road game at Nebraska as a probable loss.  Plus the Cornhuskers have an extra week to prepare for the Hoosiers.  Not sure why folks have them on their list.  My list of 2-3 teams that IU has a solid competitive chance at winning is Maryland, Northwestern and Purdue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

I'm counting a road game at Nebraska as a probable loss.  Plus the Cornhuskers have an extra week to prepare for the Hoosiers.  Not sure why folks have them on their list.  My list of 2-3 teams that IU has a solid competitive chance at winning is Maryland, Northwestern and Purdue.

Have you watched Nebraska this year? If you have, then that’s why people have them on their list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Have you watched Nebraska this year? If you have, then that’s why people have them on their list.

I saw a little bit of the Colorado game.  And a little bit of the Northwestern game.  Nebraska is on a bye week and has two weeks of prep to host IU in a packed house.  That's a very big deal.  The only like opponent the two teams have is OSU to where the scores were just about the same.  Today, Nebraska's SOS is tougher than IU's, which might not mean anything in the grand scheme of things.  In my opinion, this is going to be a very tough road game for the Hoosiers.  They'll have a chance but I don't have them winning this game.  I hope I'm wrong and I'll gladly eat crow for saying it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

I saw a little bit of the Colorado game.  And a little bit of the Northwestern game.  Nebraska is on a bye week and has two weeks of prep to host IU in a packed house.  That's a very big deal.  The only like opponent the two teams have is OSU to where the scores were just about the same.  Today, Nebraska's SOS is tougher than IU's, which might not mean anything in the grand scheme of things.  In my opinion, this is going to be a very tough road game for the Hoosiers.  They'll have a chance but I don't have them winning this game.  I hope I'm wrong and I'll gladly eat crow for saying it.  

Nebraska and Northwestern are two games of interest for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

I saw a little bit of the Colorado game.  And a little bit of the Northwestern game.  Nebraska is on a bye week and has two weeks of prep to host IU in a packed house.  That's a very big deal.  The only like opponent the two teams have is OSU to where the scores were just about the same.  Today, Nebraska's SOS is tougher than IU's, which might not mean anything in the grand scheme of things.  In my opinion, this is going to be a very tough road game for the Hoosiers.  They'll have a chance but I don't have them winning this game.  I hope I'm wrong and I'll gladly eat crow for saying it.  

I hear you, but nothing about the way Nebraska has played in a single game this season should make that an unwinnable game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I saw a little bit of the Colorado game.  And a little bit of the Northwestern game.  Nebraska is on a bye week and has two weeks of prep to host IU in a packed house.  That's a very big deal.  The only like opponent the two teams have is OSU to where the scores were just about the same.  Today, Nebraska's SOS is tougher than IU's, which might not mean anything in the grand scheme of things.  In my opinion, this is going to be a very tough road game for the Hoosiers.  They'll have a chance but I don't have them winning this game.  I hope I'm wrong and I'll gladly eat crow for saying it.  

I would be very surprised if Nebraska has a packed house when IU goes there. anyone know what type of fan base IU has in Nebraska?


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:


I would be very surprised if Nebraska has a packed house when IU goes there. anyone know what type of fan base IU has in Nebraska?


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I believe Nebraska has the record for most consecutive sellouts and it's ongoing. It'll be sold out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I believe Nebraska has the record for most consecutive sellouts and it's ongoing. It'll be sold out. 

Yea but that gets skewed a lot in the college game. I remember Indiana having “sellouts” back in Creans first 3 years but the true attendance definitely wasn’t matching that.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:


Yea but that gets skewed a lot in the college game. I remember Indiana having “sellouts” back in Creans first 3 years but the true attendance definitely wasn’t matching that.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It's not like that at Nebraska. Everybody claims to have "great fans" but it's actually true for Nebraska football.  

They really do sell out, even when their team sucks (although tickets are much easier to get.) I should be among the 90,000 next week! 

I agree it will be a tough game for IU just because it's IU football, but having watched Nebraska several times, I believe IU is better in every phase of the game. If Neb QB Martinez is still out (he got hurt vs NW and didn't play last week at Minnesota) then IU definitely should win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:


Yea but that gets skewed a lot in the college game. I remember Indiana having “sellouts” back in Creans first 3 years but the true attendance definitely wasn’t matching that.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It's really ok to be wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's not like that at Nebraska. Everybody claims to have "great fans" but it's actually true for Nebraska football.  
They really do sell out, even when their team sucks (although tickets are much easier to get.) I should be among the 90,000 next week! 
I agree it will be a tough game for IU just because it's IU football, but having watched Nebraska several times, I believe IU is better in every phase of the game. If Neb QB Martinez is still out (he got hurt vs NW and didn't play last week at Minnesota) then IU definitely should win. 

Well that’s good for them. Guess there isn’t much else to do in Nebraska. I have a friend who lives in Nebraska and is a big Husker fan. They were hoping this season they’d be back in the fold of the Top 30. I think it is going to take Frost a few years to get what he needs. He’s proven he can win and coach. The B1G West is pretty wide open as well outside of Wisconsin. But Indiana should still win that game. They are the better team even with Nebraska getting home field advantage. Just depends on whether or not the team takes it seriously and is ready to take care of business.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that’s good for them. Guess there isn’t much else to do in Nebraska. I have a friend who lives in Nebraska and is a big Husker fan. They were hoping this season they’d be back in the fold of the Top 30. I think it is going to take Frost a few years to get what he needs. He’s proven he can win and coach. The B1G West is pretty wide open as well outside of Wisconsin. But Indiana should still win that game. They are the better team even with Nebraska getting home field advantage. Just depends on whether or not the team takes it seriously and is ready to take care of business.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Because there’s so much more Indiana has to offer. Nebraska football is definitely much more of a religion there, similar to IU basketball. Hence why we still constantly show out despite team performance.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×