Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

Fire or ‘Way to Go!’ Tom Allen?

Sorry, but there's no chance of 10 wins. A slight chance at 9 wins and a good chance  at 8. 

IMO, the chances to win we have in our final three games ... 

At Penn State ... 8 percent
vs. Michigan ... 33 percent
at PU ... 65 percent

Think he’s counting a bowl game 

Yes I was counting a bowl game. Very outside shot of 10. 9 would be fantastic. 8 is beyond reasonable. It really is sad when you look at how many 8 and 9 win teams we have had in our programs history.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

My odds

PSU 5%
Michigan 20%
Purdue 60%. If home I’d say 80.

Win the Purdue game and it’s a wonderful season. Lose 3 straight, still a decent season by Indiana standards.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Three straight will give many reason to get the pitchforks back out, but I don’t think there is any take away from the season other than positives. A coach who is growing into the role, a much improved offense and defense, two excellent QBs, a stud RB, and a core of freshman and sophomores who are bought in and rewarded with a bowl.

Three straight will give many reason to get the pitchforks back out, but I don’t think there is any take away from the season other than positives. A coach who is growing into the role, a much improved offense and defense, two excellent QBs, a stud RB, and a core of freshman and sophomores who are bought in and rewarded with a bowl.

Agreed. No pitchforks from me. Winning at Purdue always carries a lot of weight though.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed. No pitchforks from me. Winning at Purdue always carries a lot of weight though.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I’ll be plenty bummed if we don’t beat Purdue, especially since we should. I also just recognize that there’s a very real chance they’ll be playing for win 6 at home against us. Would be amazing if that is the case and we shut them down!

I’ll be plenty bummed if we don’t beat Purdue, especially since we should. I also just recognize that there’s a very real chance they’ll be playing for win 6 at home against us. Would be amazing if that is the case and we shut them down!

I had both teams going into the game 5-6 for a chance to go bowling. If pu is 5-6 I’d be a bit more scared because Big Ten. Whatever the records though, I’d love to go in there and beat the absolute piss out of them.

2 hours ago, Iugradman said:

You think they are going to win at Wisconsin?

Crazier things have happened, and this Purdue team is underperforming way to far from the norm. As much trash as I've talked, it's not like Jeff Brohm is a bad coach. I'm just not ruling it out, but I agree it's highly unlikely.

I haven’t read many posts in this thread so jumping in super late and uninformed, BUT want to say that Allen and the guys have had a great season and despite my objection to Glass’ approach to his hire, I’m really proud of what they’ve done this year.

Had they not blown the MSU game this could go down as one of the best seasons ever

33 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Crazier things have happened, and this Purdue team is underperforming way to far from the norm. As much trash as I've talked, it's not like Jeff Brohm is a bad coach. I'm just not ruling it out, but I agree it's highly unlikely.

If they can win the next two with no running game and a walk on QB, that’s not a miracle, that’s a deal with the devil

I haven’t read many posts in this thread so jumping in super late and uninformed, BUT want to say that Allen and the guys have had a great season and despite my objection to Glass’ approach to his hire, I’m really proud of what they’ve done this year.

Had they not blown the MSU game this could go down as one of the best seasons ever

Man, we’d be having unrealistic optimism run rampant if we beat a ranked MSU. And we’d be ranked. Wild to imagine.

9 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

The Allen to FSU talk is comical. Florida St won a national title just five years ago and just paid $20 million to remove a mistake. A good hire can turn that program quickly. It wont be Allen.

IDK seems like it might be like IU circa 2008. Where there’s stuff behind the scenes making it difficult to succeed. 

In my opinion CTA isn't going anywhere.  It appears that he's all in with Hoosier football.  I think the only job I could see him taking would be something like Notre Dame, and that ain't gonna happen.  I honestly think he's home. 

Man, I sure hope I don't eat crow on this.  

3 hours ago, Lebowski said:

In my opinion CTA isn't going anywhere.  It appears that he's all in with Hoosier football.  I think the only job I could see him taking would be something like Notre Dame, and that ain't gonna happen.  I honestly think he's home.  

I think you are right and he stays put. 

There are enough examples of coaches "reaching for the brass ring" and making moves that in retrospect look foolish (Rich Rod from his alma mater West Virginia to Mich, for example) but I will be shocked if Allen jumps to the flavor of the week job. 

If IU does well again next year, there will be suitors though. 

I agree with this but also believe he’ll need to be paid. I think he likes the underdog role with a constant “fight” mentality. However, if, like just about anyone, he feels dissed by being low balled I could see him seeking a different job.

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

I think you are right and he stays put. 

There are enough examples of coaches "reaching for the brass ring" and making moves that in retrospect look foolish (Rich Rod from his alma mater West Virginia to Mich, for example) but I will be shocked if Allen jumps to the flavor of the week job. 

If IU does well again next year, there will be suitors though. 

Maybe I'm naive but even if this year isn't a fluke and our beloved Hoosiers perform this type of season on a constant basis I still think he stays put.  He seems to be all about Hoosier football and here to prove something.