Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

Fire or ‘Way to Go!’ Tom Allen?

10 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Remember many on here ripping into Coach Allen after a loss to MSU in East Lansing because of a pregame speech and close loss?

Remember when many on here lauded Purdue for “spending money” and “getting serious” by hiring Brohm?

Remember when Bob Knight committed a hate crime against folding chairs everywhere?

Well you’re gonna love this!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I guess the Native American groups forced Illinois to change their nickname to the 'Aggressors'. :)

10 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Personally, I’d rather hear that from our coach and not AD. Glad the team overcame their own mistakes and got the W today!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Cool Dad always has to make it about him(when results are positive).

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

This thread has aged well.

I was wrong on Allen but right on Ramsey, 50% isn't too bad :D

And hey, I'm happy as hell that Tom Allen has figured it out. I just want IU to be good. Allen has always had the character you want from the face of your program. If he has the coaching ability too then all the better! 

I put the chances of Tom Allen going to FSU at less than 0 percent. For those of you worried about losing Allen (I'm not in that group), unless FSU hires a Clemson coordinator (both have been mentioned high on candidate lists), I might keep an eye on the school that loses its coach to the 'Noles. (For instance, if FSU hires Mark Stoops, I wouldn't be surprised if Kentucky came calling on Allen.)

As for me, I'm remaining Switzerland on Allen (neutral). I'm neither sold on him nor did I want him fired. My main beef with the hiring of Allen remains that we didn't do a search after Wilson was forced out. Regardless, I'm not opposed to giving Allen an extension and a raise -- as long as we don't go overboard as we did with Crean. As of now, I believe Allen's contract expires in three seasons. Unless a coach is failing miserably (clearly Allen is not), I think he needs to always have at least four years on his deal -- to help with recruiting. So I'm all for extending him by a year or two and giving him a nice raise. 

*** BTW, I thought the hiring of Allen was strange, but it pales in comparison to what Illinois did a few years ago. They canned their head coach (Beckham) for alleged mistreatment of players -- sound familiar? -- early in the season. Then with one game left, they gave the interim coach (Cubit) the full-time gig. But they gave him a two-year contract. Who the hell gives a college coach a two-year contract? And in March, they hired a new AD, who on his very first day, fired Cubit. So he was officially the full-time coach for all of one game. Very bizarre. 

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

I put the chances of Tom Allen going to FSU at less than 0 percent. For those of you worried about losing Allen (I'm not in that group), unless FSU hires a Clemson coordinator (both have been mentioned high on candidate lists), I might keep an eye on the school that loses its coach to the 'Noles. (For instance, if FSU hires Mark Stoops, I wouldn't be surprised if Kentucky came calling on Allen.)

As for me, I'm remaining Switzerland on Allen (neutral). I'm neither sold on him nor did I want him fired. My main beef with the hiring of Allen remains that we didn't do a search after Wilson was forced out. Regardless, I'm not opposed to giving Allen an extension and a raise -- as long as we don't go overboard as we did with Crean. As of now, I believe Allen's contract expires in three seasons. Unless a coach is failing miserably (clearly Allen is not), I think he needs to always have at least four years on his deal -- to help with recruiting. So I'm all for extending him by a year or two and giving him a nice raise. 

*** BTW, I thought the hiring of Allen was strange, but it pales in comparison to what Illinois did a few years ago. They canned their head coach (Beckham) for alleged mistreatment of players -- sound familiar? -- early in the season. Then with one game left, they gave the interim coach (Cubit) the full-time gig. But they gave him a two-year contract. Who the hell gives a college coach a two-year contract? And in March, they hired a new AD, who on his very first day, fired Cubit. So he was officially the full-time coach for all of one game. Very bizarre. 

Illinois has improved a lot this season, but I'm still not sold that Lovie knows what he's doing. The Big Ten is much more enjoyable when Illinois is a dumpster fire along with Purdue and Northwestern being terrible. Now IU just needs to slip ahead of Mich State in the pecking order and we'll be really getting somewhere! 

Illinois has improved a lot this season, but I'm still not sold that Lovie knows what he's doing. The Big Ten is much more enjoyable when Illinois is a dumpster fire along with Purdue and Northwestern being terrible. Now IU just needs to slip ahead of Mich State in the pecking order and we'll be really getting somewhere! 

Karma has to come back and bite MSU in the asp right? I’m fine with everyone in the B1G West being terrible just because of how good the B1G East can be. Definitely the 2nd toughest division in college football behind the SEC West.

13 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Karma has to come back and bite MSU in the asp right? I’m fine with everyone in the B1G West being terrible just because of how good the B1G East can be. Definitely the 2nd toughest division in college football behind the SEC West.

Word is up north....that Mark is possibly done after this season. It’s been out there in the weeds for a couple weeks now....with legal troubles and performance issues....fans are starting to foam. 

Word is up north....that Mark is possibly done after this season. It’s been out there in the weeds for a couple weeks now....with legal troubles and performance issues....fans are starting to foam. 

Crazy how legal trouble gets buried when you’re winning but quickly rises to the surface when the winning slows down.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Crazy how legal trouble gets buried when you’re winning but quickly rises to the surface when the winning slows down.

Yep. Exhibit A? Tom Izzo 

Seems the MSU b-ball players all major in Sexual Assault and other than a few awkward questions nothing has come of it. 

Getting this thread back on track- Way to go Tommy! 

And we're now 7-2, so in keeping with the purpose of the thread...

WAY TO GO TOM ALLEN!!!!

A legit outside chance of 10 wins. Never before. Crazy how much vitriol there is during a season 9 wins is very reasonable and 10 wins has some percentage points of possibility. Can’t believe I even typed that. Weird

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

A legit outside chance of 10 wins. Never before. Crazy how much vitriol there is during a season 9 wins is very reasonable and 10 wins has some percentage points of possibility. Can’t believe I even typed that. Weird

Sorry, but there's no chance of 10 wins. A slight chance at 9 wins and a good chance  at 8. 

IMO, the chances to win we have in our final three games ... 

At Penn State ... 8 percent
vs. Michigan ... 33 percent
at PU ... 65 percent

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

And we're now 7-2, so in keeping with the purpose of the thread...

WAY TO GO TOM ALLEN!!!!

I'm still not a huge Tom Allen fan (because IMO, we really don't have any quality wins this season), but I will say I think he needs a contract extension and a raise -- just for getting to 7  wins with three games to play. 

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Sorry, but there's no chance of 10 wins. A slight chance at 9 wins and a good chance  at 8. 

IMO, the chances to win we have in our final three games ... 

At Penn State ... 8 percent
vs. Michigan ... 33 percent
at PU ... 65 percent

Think he’s counting a bowl game