Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

Fire or ‘Way to Go!’ Tom Allen?

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

I saw a little bit of the Colorado game.  And a little bit of the Northwestern game.  Nebraska is on a bye week and has two weeks of prep to host IU in a packed house.  That's a very big deal.  The only like opponent the two teams have is OSU to where the scores were just about the same.  Today, Nebraska's SOS is tougher than IU's, which might not mean anything in the grand scheme of things.  In my opinion, this is going to be a very tough road game for the Hoosiers.  They'll have a chance but I don't have them winning this game.  I hope I'm wrong and I'll gladly eat crow for saying it.  

I hear you, but nothing about the way Nebraska has played in a single game this season should make that an unwinnable game.

I saw a little bit of the Colorado game.  And a little bit of the Northwestern game.  Nebraska is on a bye week and has two weeks of prep to host IU in a packed house.  That's a very big deal.  The only like opponent the two teams have is OSU to where the scores were just about the same.  Today, Nebraska's SOS is tougher than IU's, which might not mean anything in the grand scheme of things.  In my opinion, this is going to be a very tough road game for the Hoosiers.  They'll have a chance but I don't have them winning this game.  I hope I'm wrong and I'll gladly eat crow for saying it.  

I would be very surprised if Nebraska has a packed house when IU goes there. anyone know what type of fan base IU has in Nebraska?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I would be very surprised if Nebraska has a packed house when IU goes there. anyone know what type of fan base IU has in Nebraska?

I believe Nebraska has the record for most consecutive sellouts and it's ongoing. It'll be sold out. 

I believe Nebraska has the record for most consecutive sellouts and it's ongoing. It'll be sold out. 

Yea but that gets skewed a lot in the college game. I remember Indiana having “sellouts” back in Creans first 3 years but the true attendance definitely wasn’t matching that.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea but that gets skewed a lot in the college game. I remember Indiana having “sellouts” back in Creans first 3 years but the true attendance definitely wasn’t matching that.

It's not like that at Nebraska. Everybody claims to have "great fans" but it's actually true for Nebraska football.  

They really do sell out, even when their team sucks (although tickets are much easier to get.) I should be among the 90,000 next week! 

I agree it will be a tough game for IU just because it's IU football, but having watched Nebraska several times, I believe IU is better in every phase of the game. If Neb QB Martinez is still out (he got hurt vs NW and didn't play last week at Minnesota) then IU definitely should win. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It's really ok to be wrong

It's not like that at Nebraska. Everybody claims to have "great fans" but it's actually true for Nebraska football.  
They really do sell out, even when their team sucks (although tickets are much easier to get.) I should be among the 90,000 next week! 
I agree it will be a tough game for IU just because it's IU football, but having watched Nebraska several times, I believe IU is better in every phase of the game. If Neb QB Martinez is still out (he got hurt vs NW and didn't play last week at Minnesota) then IU definitely should win. 

Well that’s good for them. Guess there isn’t much else to do in Nebraska. I have a friend who lives in Nebraska and is a big Husker fan. They were hoping this season they’d be back in the fold of the Top 30. I think it is going to take Frost a few years to get what he needs. He’s proven he can win and coach. The B1G West is pretty wide open as well outside of Wisconsin. But Indiana should still win that game. They are the better team even with Nebraska getting home field advantage. Just depends on whether or not the team takes it seriously and is ready to take care of business.

Well that’s good for them. Guess there isn’t much else to do in Nebraska. I have a friend who lives in Nebraska and is a big Husker fan. They were hoping this season they’d be back in the fold of the Top 30. I think it is going to take Frost a few years to get what he needs. He’s proven he can win and coach. The B1G West is pretty wide open as well outside of Wisconsin. But Indiana should still win that game. They are the better team even with Nebraska getting home field advantage. Just depends on whether or not the team takes it seriously and is ready to take care of business.

Because there’s so much more Indiana has to offer. Nebraska football is definitely much more of a religion there, similar to IU basketball. Hence why we still constantly show out despite team performance.

Yeah I've spent a lot of time in Lincoln for work.  Make not mistake, they love their football like Btown loves their basketball.  Maybe even more.  While working in Lincoln, multiple times I've been asked to stick around a Saturday during football season.  The game day bus system they've got setup to bring in the folks parked away from Memorial Stadium (parking is a bear) is down to a science.  The fan base is the real deal.  It's quite impressive.  Nebraska folk don't mess around with their football and that's part of the reason I don't really have IU winning this game.  But like I said earlier, I'll gladly eat crow.  

18 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Yeah I've spent a lot of time in Lincoln for work.  Make not mistake, they love their football like Btown loves their basketball.  Maybe even more.  While working in Lincoln, multiple times I've been asked to stick around a Saturday during football season.  The game day bus system they've got setup to bring in the folks parked away from Memorial Stadium (parking is a bear) is down to a science.  The fan base is the real deal.  It's quite impressive.  Nebraska folk don't mess around with their football and that's part of the reason I don't really have IU winning this game.  But like I said earlier, I'll gladly eat crow.  

Fortunately we're not competing against the fans commitment! I think Frost will get it figured out there-  but they need a culture change from the Mike Riley era debacle and are very beatable right now.  

The comparison of NU football to IU basketball is spot on too. 

20 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Fortunately we're not competing against the fans commitment! I think Frost will get it figured out there-  but they need a culture change from the Mike Riley era debacle and are very beatable right now.  

The comparison of NU football to IU basketball is spot on too. 

I hear ya.  I hope the Hoosiers don't get overwhelmed of the atmosphere.  If they don't and play solid football from top to bottom they have a really good shot at pulling the upset.  But a lot has to go right for them.  Regardless, that's next week.  This week is Maryland.  

I hear ya.  I hope the Hoosiers don't get overwhelmed of the atmosphere.  If they don't and play solid football from top to bottom they have a really good shot at pulling the upset.  But a lot has to go right for them.  Regardless, that's next week.  This week is Maryland.  

The full blown IU football optimist in me has to point out that the Hoosiers are set to be favored in that contest and it’d be an upset if the Huskers were to win.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, Bobman1 said:

The full blown IU football optimist in me has to point out that the Hoosiers are set to be favored in that contest and it’d be an upset if the Huskers were to win.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You're correct.  As far as rankings and poop like that.  I said that because I think ESPN has the Cornhuskers as favorites at the moment.   Albeit marginal and slightly favored.  But the Hoosiers have to beat Maryland first. 

You're correct.  As far as rankings and poop like that.  I said that because I think ESPN has the Cornhuskers as favorites at the moment.   Albeit marginal and slightly favored.  But the Hoosiers have to beat Maryland first. 

I haven’t seen a line yet(Oddsshark doesn’t have one yet as far as I can tell), but ESPN Matchup Predictor gives us a 52.3% chance to win.

Just now, JHoosier914 said:

I haven’t seen a line yet(Oddsshark doesn’t have one yet as far as I can tell), but ESPN Matchup Predictor gives us a 52.3% chance to win.

Yep.  When I posted that Nebraska was at like 50.something and the Hoosiers were 49.something.  Now that our Hoosiers beat the Terps things have changed.  And I like it!  Gonna be a tough road game.  Hope they can pull it off.

Yep.  When I posted that Nebraska was at like 50.something and the Hoosiers were 49.something.  Now that our Hoosiers beat the Terps things have changed.  And I like it!  Gonna be a tough road game.  Hope they can pull it off.

I’m confident. If Penix plays, even more so.