Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

#IUMS vs Sacramento State

We host the Hornets tonight @ 7:30 pm. Go Hoosiers!

Live Stats

Preview

SCOUTING THE HORNETS
• The Sacramento State Hornets come to Bloomington with an overall record of 5-2-1 on the season.
• The Hornets are 2-0-1 in their last three matches and already have a win over a ranked opponent this season, beating No. 25 Air Force, 2-0, in Sacramento on Sept. 6.
• Sacramento State appears to be defying expectations for their season, as the Hornets were picked to finish last in the Big West in a preseason poll conducted of the league's head coaches.
• Former Hoosier standout Trevor Swartz returns to Indiana on Friday as a volunteer assistant coach for the Hornets.

INDIANA UNDEFEATED IN LAST 30 HOME MATCHES
• The Hoosiers are undefeated in the team's last 30 matches at Jerry Yeagley Field at Bill Armstrong Stadium, posting a mark of 27-0-3.
• IU's last loss at home came to No. 20 Virginia Tech, 2-1 in overtime, on Nov. 27, 2016 in the third round of the NCAA Tournament.

I know absolutely nothing about Sacramento St. so my preview will be limited. With that said they have a decent record and a couple OK wins. With that said they have not exactly played top notch competition and their 2 losses are against less then stellar teams. We do well at home and this is a game we really need.

I am more worried about much improved PSU and NW teams on road coming up. It seems like the Big Ten has sort of flipped this year with OSU, PSU and NW being a lot better and Maryland, Wiscy and MSU being worse with the latter two being the basement of conference now. We are clearly most talented team and everyone will probably park bus on us like always and key will be scoring early which we have struggled with. If we can this is probably a Big Ten Championship team and top 8-10 seed in NCAA tourney. If not it is a mid pack team that makes tourney and but doesn't get a bye or at best one of the last couple byes.

Hopefully we continue to grow as season continues starting tonight.   

0-0 at the half. This Sacramento St. team is surprisingly good. IU has had the better of the play but not by a lot and I think the 0-0 score is a fair result right now. Sacramento St parked the bus first 5-10 min. but then played all out and game went back and forth without to many opportunities for either side. 

One thing I noticed now which may be contributing to our issues: Both Black (who's been out all week) and now Bezerra out with injuries tonight. As a result first minutes of the year for Brett Bebej off bench and Munie slid in for Kleyn who played off bench but I think that was because Kleyn played badly at Butler. 

Weird game. Even first half. IU had the better of the chances but not by a lot.

Then somehow Sacremento dominated us first 35 min of second half but a beautiful goal line run and cross by Goumballe to Penn in front of goal for a tap in gave us the lead against run of play. IU then dominated the last 15 min. nearly scoring multiple times before Caulfield tipped over the final Sacramento St. shot at buzzer for 1-0 win. Good hard fought win and rebound from Tuesday disappointment.