Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Game Thread: 09/21 12:00PM ET Indiana vs UConn BTN

3 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Do you have the BTN “spillover” channels. One of my BTN channels lists BC-Rutgers on the channel guide but it is actually showing the IU game on at channel.

I was looking for that but didn’t see one. Starting to really dislike UVerse now - no NFL Network this season and now this. Couldn’t do DirectTV as they required a 60ft ladder to reach my roof for the dish, but they have a ban on 60ft ladders due to previous lawsuits. Starting to become an issue - it will force my hand if this becomes a problem during basketball season. I can let an IUFB game slide for now

Ramsey is a lot better than people give him credit for. He doesn't have a huge arm, but he's a smart player. Highest career completion percentage in IU history. He's not a superstar, but he's not a schlub either. And he's durable, which is an underrated ability.

Ramsey is a lot better than people give him credit for. He doesn't have a huge arm, but he's a smart player. Highest career completion percentage in IU history. He's not a superstar, but he's not a schlub either. And he's durable, which is an underrated ability.

If you can’t see that he consistently under throws his targets against all levels of competition, there’s no reason to continue to debate this.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It’s mainly been short throws and he doesn’t like throwing the ball away and will throw it to a guy even if they lose yards. He may have a high completion percentage, but he isn’t going to win you a game or be one of the best players on the field. He’s better than the UConn QB, but there is a reason UConn is so terrible.

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

If you can’t see that he consistently under throws his targets against all levels of competition, there’s no reason to continue to debate this.

He's limited and does have major flaws as a player but he's not awful either. Penix should be the starter but having Ramsey isn't a death sentence

3 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

He's completed 89% of his passes today and has an 8.6 YPA. What are people expecting from an IU quarterback? He didn't under throw the deep ball to Westbrook on the offsides play. He's looked good this year minus the Ohio state game. He doesn't have a laser, but you don't need one to be a successful quarterback. 

He's completed 89% of his passes today and has an 8.6 YPA. What are people expecting from an IU quarterback? He didn't under throw the deep ball to Westbrook on the offsides play. He's looked good this year minus the Ohio state game. He doesn't have a laser, but you don't need one to be a successful quarterback. 

Because they are giving him passes to succeed. It is also against UConn. That won’t cut it in the Big Ten schedule.

6 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Because they are giving him passes to succeed. It is also against UConn. That won’t cut it in the Big Ten schedule.

We've only seen Penix play well against teams as bad as or worse than Uconn. So sure, "it's against UConn", but you have to do the same thing with Penix. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We've only seen Penix play well against teams as bad as or worse than Uconn. So sure, "it's against UConn", but you have to do the same thing with Penix. 

True, but we know for sure that Penix can at least lead a more diversified offense because he can be on time and on target downfield. Our best chance to beat the Spartans next week hinges on Penix being ready to get back in the saddle.