Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Game Thread: 09/21 12:00PM ET Indiana vs UConn BTN

After last week's lackluster performance, we welcome UConn to Memorial stadium in what should be an easy opportunity to bounce back into the win column. Penix is unlikely to play but the coaches have yet to rule him out for this game. Even without Penix, IU is still a 27 point favorite (UConn is bad). ESPN's Football Power Index gives the Hoosiers a 96.3% chance of winning on Saturday. In terms of SP+ rankings:

UConn (1-1):

• Overall: 124
  • Offense: 130
  • Defense: 90
  • Special Teams: 76

Indiana (2-1):

• Overall: 48
  • Offense: 61
  • Defense: 50
  • Special Teams: 28

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

If Penix doesn’t play, it’ll be a struggle to win.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, jbell833 said:

I agree. I’m just baffled this line is 27.5...general public must not know Penix isn’t playing. No chance we cover.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So IU struggles to win?  So, you say, IU by a FG then if Penix is a no-go?  If so, I want a piece of that action. 

8 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Unfortunately, my BTN is showing Boston College and Rutgers at that time on the guide.  I'll check at that time and make sure, otherwise I'll try to find a stream.

Mine is showing on  BTN alternative 

Off topic a little. How tolerant are the parking attendants about letting people go in to drop stuff off for a tailgate? We have a pass for 11 but our tailgate is 8/9 area.

Our pass was for lot 6 last week but we went in gate 8 with no issues at all so I’d say pretty lenient.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Really hoping to see the team respond from last week by coming out pissed off and aggressive right from the start. Last week was bad but I think that showing will be an anomaly for this team in terms of the fight we brought, hopefully anyway