Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Game Thread: 09/14 12:00PM ET Indiana vs (6) Ohio State FOX

18 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Lol. Argument is moot and makes zero sense. Go Hoosiers, beat the Huskies!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You say my argument makes zero sense when you're the one saying Penix is this huge difference maker and would've made a huge difference against Ohio State when he has never had success against a P5 team in his career. It'd be like saying 3 star freshman X on the basketball team is going to be the difference maker against Duke because he had a couple good games against Western Illinois and North Alabama. 

Ramsey v. Penix is only part of the issue. The larger issue is that you're anointing Penix as a future superstar because of his performances against Ball State and Eastern Illinois. I get that IU football fans are desperate for success, but it's very premature. 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

jbell: “I think Penix is good, is better than Ramsey, and has the potential to be really good.”

Others: So jbell, you’re saying he’s the savior and is the LeBron James of football.

jbell: “sigh”

That's not at all an accurate summary, but you know that. 

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

And I quote: 

Brass: “So now you’re acting like Penix is the savior...”

Hoosierfan2017: “So you’re comparing Penix to LeBron James...”

Me: "He's almost a complete unknown against legitimate competition."

jbell: "LeBron James coming out of high school was a complete unknown against NBA teams yet still was seen as the future of the NBA based on the games he played in high school."

26 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Me: "He's almost a complete unknown against legitimate competition."

jbell: "LeBron James coming out of high school was a complete unknown against NBA teams yet still was seen as the future of the NBA based on the games he played in high school."

Well that’s different; with those two quotes you’re BOTH right.

6 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

It would definitely had changed the complexion and most likely the outcome/score. 

True but who knows if it would be for the better. Penix threw two picks against Ball State. Easily could have had more than that yesterday. 

14 hours ago, RatpigHoosier said:

You all know who we really should’ve started at QB, or at least should think about in ‘21.....Luke Brown! Amiright?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You might be onto something here...

In the six seasons before Brown arrived at Blackford, their football teams went 1-9, 0-10, 1-9, 3-7, 0-10 and 1-10. Since then, they've gone 5-6, followed by 8-4, and are 3-1 right now.

Get him in the stands as an IU basketball player and I guarantee we're gonna do something crazy, like accidentally beat the crap out of Michigan. He's that good!

No it wouldn't have. Ohio State was better than IU at every position, both playing and coaching. 

That seems slightly subjective. Every position and every coach huh? I know y’all are dug in one position here causing statements like this but come on man. There is zero chance of you or anyone day after a game of grading 22 positions plus special teams, and coaches as completely better than the other side. It seems both sides of this argument are getting more outlandish by the day to prove a point. Craziness. We are all for the same side. I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

That seems slightly subjective. Every position and every coach huh? I know y’all are dug in one position here causing statements like this but come on man. There is zero chance of you or anyone day after a game of grading 22 positions plus special teams, and coaches as completely better than the other side. It seems both sides of this argument are getting more outlandish by the day to prove a point. Craziness. We are all for the same side. I hope.

Sure I'm being too far out there, but my real point is that IU was completely outmatched yesterday and it wouldn't have mattered who the quarterback was. The result would've been the same. 

Sure I'm being too far out there, but my real point is that IU was completely outmatched yesterday and it wouldn't have mattered who the quarterback was. The result would've been the same. 

Would we have lost by the same score? I doubt it. You are changing an outcome good or bad. Would we have won? No. We were playing a team that very likely will be in the college playoffs. That’s why I have zero clue why we all are so up in arms? It’s Ohio State in 2019. It’s not a down year for them. They are as strong as ever and we are pissed we got smoked by them. If it’s Penn State this year I get it. I am just confused as to what people really expected to have this much activity in this thread after the game and the Fire Glass thread. We got smoked by a potential national title team. Nothing more and nothing less to me.

25 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Would we have lost by the same score? I doubt it. You are changing an outcome good or bad. Would we have won? No. We were playing a team that very likely will be in the college playoffs. That’s why I have zero clue why we all are so up in arms? It’s Ohio State in 2019. It’s not a down year for them. They are as strong as ever and we are pissed we got smoked by them. If it’s Penn State this year I get it. I am just confused as to what people really expected to have this much activity in this thread after the game and the Fire Glass thread. We got smoked by a potential national title team. Nothing more and nothing less to me.

Ohio State is always great. We haven't looked that hopeless against them in awhile. Last year we were up 17-14 with 5 minutes to go in the second quarter, and were only down 8 at halftime. The year before we went up 21-20 with 5 minutes left in the third quarter. In 2016 we cut it to a one touchdown game until there was 3:38 left in the third quarter. In 2015 OSU was #1 in the country and we lost by 7 and had it in the red zone with a chance to tie it up on the last play of the game (with Zander Diamont as our quarterback). 

Recently we have kept it close for 2-2.5 quarters before Ohio State pulls away. Yesterday, however, we were completely outclassed from the beginning. That's why it was so concerning to me. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Ohio State is always great. We haven't looked that hopeless against them in awhile. Last year we were up 17-14 with 5 minutes to go in the second quarter, and were only down 8 at halftime. The year before we went up 21-20 with 5 minutes left in the third quarter. In 2016 we cut it to a one touchdown game until there was 3:38 left in the third quarter. In 2015 OSU was #1 in the country and we lost by 7 and had it in the red zone with a chance to tie it up on the last play of the game. 

Recently we have kept it close for 2-2.5 quarters before Ohio State pulls away. Yesterday, however, we were completely outclassed from the beginning. That's why it was so concerning to me. 

We won't be the last team they make look terrible. The difference in this OSU team versus some of the past teams is their defense is much better. Their defensive backs were on top of our receivers all day and we didn't have anything for their lines. Yesterday we saw what great looks like. Now we need to move on and maximize the remaining season.

10 minutes ago, cthomas said:

We won't be the last team they make look terrible. The difference in this OSU team versus some of the past teams is their defense is much better. Their defensive backs were on top of our receivers all day and we didn't have anything for their lines. Yesterday we saw what great looks like. Now we need to move on and maximize the remaining season.

We said the same thing after we got smoked by Duke last basketball season. And that IU team had an NBA lottery pick on it. Ohio State has been great every time we've played them and we haven't looked that incompetent on both sides of the ball in several years. We've rarely looked like that against any team we've played the last 3-4 years.