Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Game Thread: 09/14 12:00PM ET Indiana vs (6) Ohio State FOX

30 minutes ago, HoosierRobbie said:

I really wonder even if we don’t make a bowl this year, if Fred will have the balls to let Allen go. I’ll say no, because then it will show it was a bad hire, which many have said it was from the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I wouldn't want to be Glass in about 6 months, when our football team has finished another season among the minority that doesn't go to a bowl, and the basketball team is on the cusp of missing the tournament once again.

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The complaints about the division are largely excuses, imo. Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State have all been beatable in recent years. We don't beat the West teams when we play them either, so why should anyone believe we'd be any better in that division? 

Because outside of Wisconsin and occasionally Iowa, there isn’t a team in the West that would finish better than 5th in the East. 

I wouldn't want to be Glass in about 6 months, when our football team has finished another season among the minority that doesn't go to a bowl, and the basketball team is on the cusp of missing the tournament once again.

I agree, although I have a little more faith in Archie then I do Allen.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Because outside of Wisconsin and occasionally Iowa, there isn’t a team in the West that would finish better than 5th in the East. 

Who are we beating in the West? We lost to Minnesota and Purdue last year, and got destroyed by Iowa. 

Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Purdue, Nebraska, Minnesota, Illinois: are we better than any of them? Illinois, maybe? Those other teams are better than us too.

4 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

That is true, and I think that we got hosed when they split the league, but the East-West division started in 2014 and we are 4-9 vs the West with 3 of those wins being against Purdue (which has obviously since improved under Brohm) and the other was against an Illinois team that went 0-9.  I think we would have more “hope” in the West but so far the results say our record would not have changed to any great degree.

5 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Tuttle didn't look any better. 

I'm beginning to think Tuttle is a guy who was overrated coming out of high school. 3rd string at Utah so he leaves almost immediately, and now 3rd string immediately. You'd think a highly rated 4 star recruit would at least be able to beat out Ramsey for the backup spot. 

1 minute ago, Iugradman said:

Illinois and Rutgers. Those are the only two Big Ten teams we would have a chance to beat. Being in the West wouldn’t change our fortunes.

Maryland? We have beaten them a few times and they look bad today against a mediocre Temple team.

44 minutes ago, cthomas said:

They may be three deep better than we are.

THIS.   This is why "throwing money at it" wouldn't matter.   Ohio State is Ohio State.  Indiana is not Ohio State.  Sorry to the ones who believe money would solve things....it would not.  Indiana will be at the top as an anomaly.  (And I firmly believe will be there on the basketball floor again consistently sooner than later)

Ohio State is there every season and WILL be there every season.   

3 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Okay we lost...so what? It was against a team that is a title contender...let's get Penix healthy and let's win next week. The goal this season was to make a bowl game and we're still on schedule.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Not sure we see Penix for a bit from what I am hearing. Hope I am wrong. With that said will probably beat UConn and lose to MSU regardless of who QB's. Hopefully Penix back after bye which is when that will make a difference.

8 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

THIS.   This is why "throwing money at it" wouldn't matter.   Ohio State is Ohio State.  Indiana is not Ohio State.  Sorry to the ones who believe money would solve things....it would not.  Indiana will be at the top as an anomaly.  (And I firmly believe will be there on the basketball floor again consistently sooner than later)

Ohio State is there every season and WILL be there every season.   

Old friend, it's like you're intentionally missing the point to make a rebuttal to an argument that no one is making. What's the play here? You act like the only two options are the status quo or Ohio State, and since we're never going to be Ohio State we shouldn't throw money at football. 

Sure, IU is never going to be Ohio State in football. But between IU and Ohio State is about every single other Big 10 team (except Rutgers). Spending money and investing in the program allows us to make gains on the 10-11 teams between us and Ohio State. Why shouldn't we do that?

I'm beginning to think Tuttle is a guy who was overrated coming out of high school. 3rd string at Utah so he leaves almost immediately, and now 3rd string immediately. You'd think a highly rated 4 star recruit would at least be able to beat out Ramsey for the backup spot. 

The fact that he is 3rd string had more to do with learning the playbook and the fact that Ramsey has been the incumbent starter. Ramsey wasn’t going to go from starter to 3rd string to start the year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

As bad as this was for us, Illinois and Maryland had bigger embarrassments as Illini lost to Eastern Michigan at home and everyone's early darling Maryland lost at Temple. Very IU like what Maryland did having a high moment against a good Syracuse team then lay an absolute egg with their hyped offense against a mediocre team.