Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Game Thread: 09/14 12:00PM ET Indiana vs (6) Ohio State FOX

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I understand what you're saying. I always thought that too but had a conversation with Kevin Wilson once and he said more players come out of the Ohio State game injured than any other game on the schedule. So always felt like he was fighting an uphill battle the rest of the season. I don't know if that's true. There were many drinks involved in that conversation. 

Kevin Wilson ... drinking? No way! That simply cannot be true! 

21 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Knowing how upset the athletic department got that word got out anyway, I will just keep my thoughts to myself. That is why I said Allen said. I have heard some things that make you wonder. Hopefully short term. 

If that is the case IU has to have the stupidest Athletic department ever in light of Andrew Luck injury.

When IU is trying to build a program to outright lie about Penix's injury is the worst PR move they could make to build a fan base. Sometimes I wonder who runs the athletic department at IU and what they are thinking. If it is a major injury fine but for Allen to outright lie about it in light of Luck situation could not be more dumb when Indiana fans are already Leary of what they are being sold about injuries. 

Also that's fine IU was upset it got out but what was their plan if it didn't? Surely people would of figured it out when he wasn't playing Saturday. Whats the difference if it leaks Wednesday or people find out Saturday?

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I understand what you're saying. I always thought that too but had a conversation with Kevin Wilson once and he said more players come out of the Ohio State game injured than any other game on the schedule. So always felt like he was fighting an uphill battle the rest of the season. I don't know if that's true. There were many drinks involved in that conversation. 

Understood. Just two differing approaches. Neither is right or wrong. :)

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

So, I'm guessing it was a breakfast conversation...

Just now, Iugradman said:

Ticket sales and IU fans actually showing up to the game.

Great. That helps for one week for a game that is already going to sell out anyways. Doesn't help ticket sales the rest of year when people figure it out Saturday and then people feel they are lied to and less likely to come back.

Sometimes I wonder about the people at IU making decisions. 

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I would go the other way, not likely to win this weekend, rest him to get healthy for the rest of the season. Don't want him taking hits from the #7 ranked team. We won't have a shot at a bowl if he gets hurt. We will need to upset someone so save him for the rest of the season. 

Yes, if he's not right there is zero reason to run him out there against OSU. It won't do anyone any good. It would take a special performance to beat these guys and having a quarterback at less than 100% just isn't going to be a recipe for success. Rather run out Tuttle and at least see what he's got. 

Is it too early to start calling Penix injury prone?

Given we know literally nothing about a rumored (but likely) shoulder injury - yes.

Don’t let that stop you though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

There are still tons of tickets left for today (maybe 3-5K) on the IU website. Will be a larger crowd than usual for sure (45-50K) but unless there is a huge walk-up contingent this may not quite sellout like a normal OSU game. Btw last time ticket sales at this level was in 2012 when only 48K showed up and it was fall break. May see similar today.