Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Game Thread: 09/14 12:00PM ET Indiana vs (6) Ohio State FOX

11 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

I've seen Ramsey twice already against OSU. We need something special from our QB to beat OSU no doubt about it. I just can't see it happening with Ramsey. 

This. 

Ramsey is a lot of things, but "special" in a positive sense is not one of them.   He is a decent backup against mediocre teams and a decent starter against bad ones.  Against Ohio State?   He's slow, deliberate, and can't consistently throw the ball downfield with enough juice to make the throws necessary to have a chance.  Can I change my prediction if he starts?

Rick Bozich re-tweeted video of when Penix was injured.

Non contact. Left shoulder was messed up. Left it hanging to his side after TD pass to Hendershot. Maybe he injured it earlier in the drive?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What is the status of Penix? I heard JMV mention an injury as i turned on the car yesterday but that segment was ending and I heard nothing more. Peaked at this site last night and did not see anything so I assumed all was well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

What is the status of Penix? I heard JMV mention an injury as i turned on the car yesterday but that segment was ending and I heard nothing more. Peaked at this site last night and did not see anything so I assumed all was well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Allen said day to day and a game-time decision. You didn't see anything on here yesterday because we broke the news on Wednesday. I believe he tweaked his throwing shoulder. 

37 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Somebody should switch all of the road construction signage that's surrounding Indianapolis and get them headed elsewhere.

Now that's what I'm talking about. That's how we can help the team. 

52 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Somebody should switch all of the road construction signage that's surrounding Indianapolis and get them headed elsewhere.

Tell them the game is at Purdue this year due to construction.  They'll be too consumed revenge from last year that they might actually buy and and show up in West Lafayette.  

17 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Heard through a friend that Penix is likely to play, no idea where the came from or the authenticity of his source but just thought I’d drop it here.

Hopefully that's true.

If it's non-serious, which is how it's currently portrayed, then play him against OSU and rest him the following week against UCONN. 

1 minute ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Hopefully that's true.

If it's non-serious, which is how it's currently portrayed, then play him against OSU and rest him the following week against UCONN. 

I would go the other way, not likely to win this weekend, rest him to get healthy for the rest of the season. Don't want him taking hits from the #7 ranked team. We won't have a shot at a bowl if he gets hurt. We will need to upset someone so save him for the rest of the season. 

23 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I would go the other way, not likely to win this weekend, rest him to get healthy for the rest of the season. Don't want him taking hits from the #7 ranked team. We won't have a shot at a bowl if he gets hurt. We will need to upset someone so save him for the rest of the season. 

Disagree. No self respecting team throws in the towel before a game even starts. That's the defeatist attitude of fans not players. 

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

If youve been on I 70 between Indy and Ohio lately you realize they will be lucky to make to Btown in time.

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Rick Bozich re-tweeted video of when Penix was injured.

Non contact. Left shoulder was messed up. Left it hanging to his side after TD pass to Hendershot. Maybe he injured it earlier in the drive?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That is an injury to be a little worried about in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Allen said day to day and a game-time decision. You didn't see anything on here yesterday because we broke the news on Wednesday. I believe he tweaked his throwing shoulder. 

Interestingly Kent Sterling said he heard the injury was season ending:

That's the first I have heard anyone say that and everything I have heard both through chatter and Allen is it should be minor. I hope Sterling misspoke or IU is going to be in a lot of hell with fans in light of what happened with Luck.  

To me though no matter what a red flag has been raised if Penix can stay healthy long term. He did nothing that should hurt your shoulder at all. If his shoulder cannot handle two games, could be a rough career in the training room.  

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

That's the first I have heard anyone say that and everything I have heard both through chatter and Allen is it should be minor. I hope Sterling misspoke or IU is going to be in a lot of hell with fans in light of what happened with Luck.  

To me though no matter what a red flag has been raised if Penix can stay healthy long term. He did nothing that should hurt your shoulder at all. If his shoulder cannot handle two games, could be a rough career in the training room.  

Knowing how upset the athletic department got that word got out anyway, I will just keep my thoughts to myself. That is why I said Allen said. I have heard some things that make you wonder. Hopefully short term. 

10 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I hate when people pull that crap. "I heard" his injury could be season-ending. What does that mean? I could say "I heard" he will play on Saturday and that the whole thing's a ruse to mess with Ohio State. It depends from whom you "hear" it. Hell, he could've heard it from his barber. That doesn't make it true. Unless you can back it up with facts -- or say from whom you heard it -- shut up. 

1 hour ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Disagree. No self respecting team throws in the towel before a game even starts. That's the defeatist attitude of fans not players. 

I understand what you're saying. I always thought that too but had a conversation with Kevin Wilson once and he said more players come out of the Ohio State game injured than any other game on the schedule. So always felt like he was fighting an uphill battle the rest of the season. I don't know if that's true. There were many drinks involved in that conversation.