Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Game Thread: 09/14 12:00PM ET Indiana vs (6) Ohio State FOX

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m not missing the point. Your point isn’t correct. 

Our defense does not have the depth to ever be successful if our offense is making big plays. We saw it time and time again under wilson

Wilson didn’t have depth on defensive side he had a starting eleven and maybe some depth at 2 postions. Any analytical site you go to shows that if you have an explosive offense you win games. There’s actual depth now, hence rotations and players not playing 40-60 plays a game. 

11 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Wilson didn’t have depth on defensive side he had a starting eleven and maybe some depth at 2 postions. Any analytical site you go to shows that if you have an explosive offense you win games. There’s actual depth now, hence rotations and players not playing 40-60 plays a game. 

If there's depth now then why has the defense continued to get worse the longer Allen has been here?

16 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If there's depth now then why has the defense continued to get worse the longer Allen has been here?

Are we really going back down that road. It’s been stated by many on here who actually pay attention year in and year out. Allen had a great base to build on when he first got here, first year great defense....I guess we will also forget how poor Wilson got with his play calls when defense actually showed up....guess that’s on Allen as well....The recruiting voids....that Wilson didn’t fill when he was HC are now being addressed in Allen’s past classes. I guess I forgot we are bama and can plug freshmen right away and compete for championships. My bad. Over 80 kids on this roster are RS SO or younger. 

18 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Are we really going back down that road. It’s been stated by many on here who actually pay attention year in and year out. Allen had a great base to build on when he first got here, first year great defense....I guess we will also forget how poor Wilson got with his play calls when defense actually showed up....guess that’s on Allen as well....The recruiting voids....that Wilson didn’t fill when he was HC are now being addressed in Allen’s past classes. I guess I forgot we are bama and can plug freshmen right away and compete for championships. My bad. Over 80 kids on this roster are RS SO or younger. 

When does Allen have to start taking responsibility? It's year 3 and the defense looks like it forgot how to tackle. The defense gave up 340 ypg, 17.5 first downs, and 65.5 penalty yards in 2017. Last year, they gave up 424 ypg, 22.7 first downs, and 66.6 penalty yards. This year we gave up 398 yards and 26 first downs to freaking Ball State. Allen is supposed to be a defensive guru, but the product on the field doesn't reflect that. 

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

When does Allen have to start taking responsibility? It's year 3 and the defense looks like it forgot how to tackle. The defense gave up 340 ypg, 17.5 first downs, and 65.5 penalty yards in 2017. Last year, they gave up 424 ypg, 22.7 first downs, and 66.6 penalty yards. This year we gave up 398 yards and 26 first downs to freaking Ball State. Allen is supposed to be a defensive guru, but the product on the field doesn't reflect that. 

When will be stop trying to run a coach out of Bloomington.....all your statements on last years defense don’t even care to recognize who we were fielding on the field....we had one of the youngest teams in the nation and still have a youthful team. I’m not defending the tackling as it was awful in ball state game....however tackling in all of football has gone down if you watched first week games.....there’s now rules implemented as to how many contact practices you can have in preseason camp....I guess we will also throw out anything IU did against a lesser opponent in EIU....I guess you can’t credit that we tackled better....gave up zero points...I’m guessing if we had almost lost then it would have been brought up. But we can scratch all the close calls Wilson had. 

But if you’re going after who runs the defense.....Womack now runs it. Allen has publicly stated its weird not running the defense. He’s been a consultant and will help when he feels it’s not up to par.... But he knows he can’t run it fully if he’s the head coach. He spends more time during the week understanding what deboer is going to do on offense so he can run the team as a whole. 

9 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

When will be stop trying to run a coach out of Bloomington.....all your statements on last years defense don’t even care to recognize who we were fielding on the field....we had one of the youngest teams in the nation and still have a youthful team. I’m not defending the tackling as it was awful in ball state game....however tackling in all of football has gone down if you watched first week games.....there’s now rules implemented as to how many contact practices you can have in preseason camp....I guess we will also throw out anything IU did against a lesser opponent in EIU....I guess you can’t credit that we tackled better....gave up zero points...I’m guessing if we had almost lost then it would have been brought up. But we can scratch all the close calls Wilson had. 

But if you’re going after who runs the defense.....Womack now runs it. Allen has publicly stated its weird not running the defense. He’s been a consultant and will help when he feels it’s not up to par.... But he knows he can’t run it fully if he’s the head coach. He spends more time during the week understanding what deboer is going to do on offense so he can run the team as a whole. 

Eastern Illinois is an FCS team, and a very average one at that. So I'm not going to give them much credit for beating up on a vastly inferior opponent. They did what they needed to do which was nice, but that's about it.

I'm "trying to run a coach out of Bloomington" because he doesn't have the chops to be a big 10 head coach and never should've been hired in the first place. If we miss a bowl once again he deserves to be on the hot seat. 

As for the team being young, we start 0 freshmen on defense and only 1 freshman on offense (Penix). We have some sophomores, but the majority are upperclassmen (assuming the site I found is accurate) 

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Eastern Illinois is an FCS team, and a very average one at that. So I'm not going to give them much credit for beating up on a vastly inferior opponent. They did what they needed to do which was nice, but that's about it.

I'm "trying to run a coach out of Bloomington" because he doesn't have the chops to be a big 10 head coach and never should've been hired in the first place. If we miss a bowl once again he deserves to be on the hot seat. 

As for the team being young, we start 0 freshmen on defense and only 1 freshman on offense (Penix). We have some sophomores, but the majority are upperclassmen (assuming the site I found is accurate) 

I’m just going to agree to disagree with you. I can see you’re on the he was a hs head coach seat. As for starters our secondary is old. Behind and depth wise which is what you win with is young. 

8 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

I’m just going to agree to disagree with you. I can see you’re on the he was a hs head coach seat. As for starters our secondary is old. Behind and depth wise which is what you win with is young. 

I'm not on the "he was a hs head coach" seat. His resume after the high school coaching wasn't what I want to see from a head coach. It seems the only reason he got the job was because Glass was scared he'd go somewhere else. 

Great interview with Rabjohns on 1070 the fan with JMV right now talking about the velocity of Penix’s ball compared to Ramsey’s and the impact this will have going against elite defenders...basically summed it up with Ramsey doesn’t give receivers enough time to catch the ball clean and/or catch and plant and go like Penix does and Ramsey can’t fit the ball into tight windows and IU will be making A LOT of “safe” throws Saturday and it’s gonna be very difficult to win Saturday playing this way. Analytics to back up the Penix ball velocity...said chance to win goes down without Penix. Ends it with saying they watched all of fall and spring practices and Penix is clearly the best QB and “it’s not even close.” Take it FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

4 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

How many more pages will there be from this post until then......?! Lol.

Won’t be able to watch live, but really hope IU shows up and can pull of a miracle!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

#1 North Dakota State is playing at #18 Delaware at 1pm on Saturday.  My son and I will likely go to that game.  I'll watch the IU game upon my return...maybe....

I’ll have to catch this via phone and dvr. UIndy has its Family Day- going to UIndy vs Hillsdale football game. Pretty cool in that both teams have kids from my high school playing for them

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners