Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Game Thread: 09/14 12:00PM ET Indiana vs (6) Ohio State FOX

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m not missing the point. Your point isn’t correct. 

Our defense does not have the depth to ever be successful if our offense is making big plays. We saw it time and time again under wilson

our offense shouldn't make big plays..... oh my goodness. you are trying to hard and i am curious as to why 

54 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Not saying he struggled saying he looked decent maybe a bit above average but not the player that Stuhoo described as being the kind to beat OSU

Maybe I'm overly picking at word choice, but I don't think Penix "as being the kind to beat OSU,", I think of him as being the kind that is more likely to beat OSU.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Maybe I'm overly picking at word choice, but I don't think Penix "as being the kind to beat OSU,", I think of him as being the kind that is more likely to beat OSU.

I could maybe agree with this but it’s slight 1 versus 2 percent 

1 hour ago, Miller'sTheMan said:

Also just throwing this out there, through the first two weeks, Michael Penix Jr. and Justin Fields have been the two highest graded quarterbacks in the Big Ten according to PFF.

IU played Ball State and Eastern Illinois the first two games. Two really bad teams. That tells us about nothing about how someone would do against Ohio State. And if we want to look at the performances during the first two games, Ramsey threw for more yards on fewer attempts against Eastern Illinois. 

While an interesting debate, I believe it misses the bigger point. To compete with or upset a team like OSU, we need to bring everything we've got. Being down a key player won't get it done. Their size and strength can be punishing. I would love a win but would settle for getting out of this one as healthy as possible.

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m curious myself why you are being intentionally dense. 

well okay then. as walking boot said, this argument is ridiculous. and the logic is all over the place 

1 hour ago, jbell833 said:

I’ll counter it with we still lost 49-26. Ramsey’s had his opportunities to win BIG games and he’s not dynamic enough to do so in my opinion...as is the opinion of most of Hoosier Nation. I have nothing against Peyton at all and I’ll be cheering for him harder than anyone in that stadium outside of his parents on Saturday but he’s just not the answer IMO. We know what he can do and what seem to be his limitations. I hope he makes me a believer come Saturday but until he proves that he can win a game against the likes of an Ohio State, then Im going to believe this is Penix’s team. There’s a reason the coaches made the change this year after watching/coaching Peyton for 4 years...I would like to believe they know more than us fans about the players in their program and their capabilities, but maybe not and maybe some of us should apply for a coaching position to take this program to another level.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Coaches don't always get these things right. And even if Penix is the better player, the difference between the two is not nearly enough to go from thinking we have a shot with Penix to thinking we have no hope with Ramsey. People are hyping up Penix as the second coming after 326 yards and 2 INTs against Ball State while dismissing Ramsey's 322 and 3 touchdowns against Ohio State. 

Definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. We’ve all seen what Ramsey can do and while its good enough for a backup, it won’t produce the breakthrough this entire fan base has been looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I am going to move away from this debate about Ramsey vs. Penix and bring up another issue this might reveal.

The fact that Penix already has a sore shoulder after two games may not speak well for his long term durability. Already tore his ACL last year which is completely unrelated I get, but that in light of already having a shoulder issue after such a short time doesn't necessarily speak well for staying healthy for extended periods of time over upcoming seasons. 

19 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I am going to move away from this debate about Ramsey vs. Penix and bring up another issue this might reveal.

The fact that Penix already has a sore shoulder after two games may not speak well for his long term durability. Already tore his ACL last year which is completely unrelated I get, but that in light of already having a shoulder issue after such a short time doesn't necessarily speak well for staying healthy for extended periods of time over upcoming seasons. 

Nope - definitely a concern.

Honestly, I'd really like to see Tuttle.