Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Game Thread: 09/14 12:00PM ET Indiana vs (6) Ohio State FOX

4 minutes ago, The Ola Depot said:

IMG_3070.jpgAgain, don’t know what connections this guy has but this and the fact he still has been doing interviews could be enough to hold out hope but Chris didn’t sound too optimistic so I won’t hold my breath.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So yeah if anyone wants to follow me on twitter feel free haha 

Just now, lucel15 said:

Cough cough i am Logan. Lol. That’s my Twitter. I saw on snap he was warming up....that’s all I was going off of....to me it’s just weird that he’s in full pads trotting around practice. 

I know you know this since we've spoken but yes he has been in full pads at practice. But he has not touched a football since he left the game on Saturday. Now he looks fine when he is signaling in plays from the sideline. Best case is no practice and plays this week but I really don't think he will.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I know you know this since we've spoken but yes he has been in full pads at practice. But he has not touched a football since he left the game on Saturday. Now he looks fine when he is signaling in plays from the sideline. Best case is no practice and plays this week but I really don't think he will.

You have been trustworthy and I completely believe you but this shows we have some pretty lackadaisical media. If he left game early and is now not practicing at least ask Tom Allen if he is injured? He may decline to say anything or fudge and say he is OK but at least hold the coaches feet to the fire and ask about this. Thats a pretty big deal if your starting QB is not practicing and the fact that no one is reporting it or breached the topic speaks pretty poorly on the IU media.  

50 minutes ago, Aaron said:

You have been trustworthy and I completely believe you but this shows we have some pretty lackadaisical media. If he left game early and is now not practicing at least ask Tom Allen if he is injured? He may decline to say anything or fudge and say he is OK but at least hold the coaches feet to the fire and ask about this. Thats a pretty big deal if your starting QB is not practicing and the fact that no one is reporting it or breached the topic speaks pretty poorly on the IU media.  

Well you have to remember that Penix last throw was a 8 yard TD pass then he came out.

Coaches only speak to media on Monday before practice and media only get to watch warmups of practice if anything at all.

44 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Well you have to remember that Penix last throw was a 8 yard TD pass then he came out.

Coaches only speak to media on Monday before practice and media only get to watch warmups of practice if anything at all.

Guess its a lesson to media to always ask why a player came out early regardless of how innocent it seems. I like the IU media for the most part but they dropped the ball here a bit.

29 minutes ago, Miller'sTheMan said:

Chris, is there any chance Penix plays or is that a pipe dream at this point?

I wouldn’t rule it out but he hasn’t thrown this week. Why take a chance of getting him hurt worse when we’re not likely to win. I guess it just depends on how bad it really is. I’m not nearly connected with the football program. I just know someone who’s at practice everyday 

52 minutes ago, Miller'sTheMan said:

So Penix is out it sounds like? That really sucks if that's true.

Why did they have him meet with the media on Monday if he wasn't gonna be able to play? Was it a practice injury?

No he tweaked it in the game. 

I would love to see us finally get over the hump against O$U but I don’t see it happening this season. I feel we play hard and keep it interesting through the third quarter (after falling behind early). Then we start “making mistakes” in the fourth quarter that gives O$U a comfortable win.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

The 2 people on this forum that actually prefer Ramsey over Penix are about to get their wish but will finally see why Ramsey is not the answer. I hope Ramsey pulls this off if Penix doesn’t play and I’ll be at the game rooting my tail off for him but without Penix, we stand NO CHANCE! Please prove me wrong Ramsey.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

20 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

The 2 people on this forum that actually prefer Ramsey over Penix are about to get their wish but will finally see why Ramsey is not the answer. I hope Ramsey pulls this off if Penix doesn’t play and I’ll be at the game rooting my tail off for him but without Penix, we stand NO CHANCE! Please prove me wrong Ramsey.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If we're being real we have no chance regardless unless God himself lines up under center, and even then it'd be a toss up.