Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Game Thread: 09/07 3:30PM ET Indiana vs Eastern Illinois BTN

51 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I guess I didn’t miss much..

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Not really.

Good to get the win but EIU lost to mighty Chattanooga last week by two touchdowns and that same Chattanooga team lost to Jacksonville State 41-20 today. EIU redefines the term cupcake but nonetheless  it is a “W” when it comes to becoming bowl eligible.  I’m very glad we convincingly won but am not sure that it really proved anything.

18 hours ago, Iugradman said:

What does IU get out of playing a team like this? There is no challenge. It doesn’t get them ready for Ohio State.

If IU scheduled someone tougher and lost you’d say seasons over. We won’t go bowling. There’s a reason we schedule cupcake games every year. 

18 hours ago, Aeggie said:

Penix wasn't getting reps with the first team offense until he was named the starter so I'm hoping that improves with more familiarity 

Penix was getting rep with starters two weeks before the ball state game. It wasn’t announced until game week, but he took all of the first team reps the last week of fall camp before the first game prep week. 

If IU scheduled someone tougher and lost you’d say seasons over. We won’t go bowling. There’s a reason we schedule cupcake games every year. 

Yeah I’ll take every win we can get headed into conference play regardless of opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, maharkn said:

Didn't get to see the game. Anyone know where I can watch the game online?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I know BTN is running the 60 minute versions of all the games tonight and likely all week but at least with Cox cable where I live they don’t tell you which game is which so my plan was to record them all and hopes that one is the IU game