Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

08/31 12:00PM ET Indiana vs Ball State (@Lucas Oil Stadium) CBSSN

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It really was though lol 

Please tell us how an offense that had 59 more yards and 8 more points against Ball State than we averaged last year throughout the entire season was "soooo much better than what we've seen". The offense put up 554 yards against Penn State and 487 against Purdue last year. We're supposed to be impressed that we put up some points against a below average MAC team? 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We didn't finish drives.. but man 150 yards rushing and we couldn't run between the tackles. Insane. The utilizing Whop.. and Hendershot. It was fantastic. Big time upgrade from what we've had design wise. We will execute it better and my goodness. 

We didn’t do the important part. But otherwise complete improvement. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

We didn’t do the important part. But otherwise complete improvement. 

Yeah Ball St probably didn't have a game plan to stop Scott and make Penix beat them lol 

Some of you need a reality check when it comes to a legitimate competition. @Hoosierfan2017 complains about 8 more pts and 60 more yards..  do you all not realize how hard that is to do? Especially week 1... complaining right now is honestly dumb and pretty well proves the lack of understanding of reality when it comes to the reality of a competition. Ball st wanted to win too btw.  

Just now, btownqb said:

Yeah Ball St probably didn't have a game plan to stop Scott and make Penix beat them lol 

Some of you need a reality check when it comes to a legitimate competition. @Hoosierfan2017 complains about 8 more pts and 60 more yards..  do you all not realize how hard that is to do? Especially week 1... complaining right now is honestly dumb and pretty well proves the lack of understanding of reality when it comes to the reality of a competition. Ball st wanted to win too btw.  

You do realize those numbers were from an entire season, including 9 games in the Big 10, right? When your claim is that the offense is "soooo much better" than what we've seen, you should have evidence to back that up instead of talking about how they "looked". I don't care about how they "look". They don't give style points in college football. Production is what matters, and the production wasn't a whole lot better than last year, especially when factoring in level of competition. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Lol you have yet to really make any true points. But yes just say we don’t all understand. 

More exciting =\= better

We scored fewer points and committed more turnovers. 1 is the most important stat in the game and the other is pretty darn important as well. 

If somebody wanted to say the offense was a wash, sure I could see that. But it’s absurd to say it’s better because it’s more exciting. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

You do realize those numbers were from an entire season, including 9 games in the Big 10, right? When your claim is that the offense is "soooo much better" than what we've seen, you should have evidence to back that up instead of talking about how they "looked". I don't care about how they "look". They don't give style points in college football. Production is what matters, and the production wasn't a whole lot better than last year, especially when factoring in level of competition. 

Again.. it was sooo much better. And they'll execute better moving forward.  

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol you have yet to really make any true points. But yes just say we don’t all understand. 

More exciting =\= better

We scored fewer points and committed more turnovers. 1 is the most important stat in the game and the other is pretty darn important as well. 

If somebody wanted to say the offense was a wash, sure I could see that. But it’s absurd to say it’s better because it’s more exciting. 

Wait you're still comparing this to the ball st game last year? Lol stop. That's ungodly silly. 

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Again.. it was sooo much better. And they'll execute better moving forward.  

You've said that several times now without any evidence to back it up. If it's "sooo much better" then it should be pretty easily to explain how, no?

I get the production argument a little bit.. but jesus its week 1. The design, the willingness to get it to playmakers in space.. the ability to find ways to run the ball that didnt include having to pound the interior the whole time. It was fantastic. Let alone our QBs first ever start. Loved it. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

You've said that several times now without any evidence to back it up. If it's "sooo much better" then it should be pretty easily to explain how, no?

Just did. I dont need to see the output of a week one game to tell me differently. 

Lol gotta love the evidence. 
Cant wait to hear the excuses. I’m sure it will be Ramsey’s fault somehow 

You and Hoosierfan are really going all out on hating this performance. Kind of weird really.

Can you admit that this offense has far greater potential and that Ramsey is not capable of everything Penix did yesterday? If not, we won’t agree.

I’m hopeful and eager to see what happens over the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

You and Hoosierfan are really going all out on hating this performance. Kind of weird really.

Can you admit that this offense has far greater potential and that Ramsey is not capable of everything Penix did yesterday? If not, we won’t agree.

Good post 

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

This offense has greater potential to score. But as of yet has not accomplished that. 

But my fear is we go back to the Wilson days where the offense either scores quick or coughs it up and the defense has to go back out before they even catch their breath.  We don’t have the depth for that. 

This offense has greater potential to score. But as of yet has not accomplished that. 
But my fear is we go back to the Wilson days where the offense either scores quick or coughs it up and the defense has to go back out before they even catch their breath.  We don’t have the depth for that. 

I mean, those are fears. I don’t think they’re based in reality. Penix kept drives alive with good pocket awareness, good throws, and some nice scrambles.

I’m not sure what you watched, but it feels like we weren’t watching the same game.