Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

08/31 12:00PM ET Indiana vs Ball State (@Lucas Oil Stadium) CBSSN

One positive at least is we seem to have a good kicker. Other than that, yikes. Penix had the beautiful 75 yard bomb. I'm still concerned, though. It's really concerning that we can't run the ball against Ball State. Our defense is getting pushed around. Penix has looked inaccurate throwing downfield for the most part. 

Penix has had basically 1 mistake all game. Other was the receivers fault and I’ve seen at least 4 passes that should have been caught and likely led to another TD. Our receivers have to be better 

Our WRs aren’t used to catching throws from deeper than 6 yards.

Lots to clean up. I like the dynamic Penix brings. Lots of awareness - making that defender miss on the sack to save the two minute drill was beautiful.

Not seeing a bowl team here, but not writing them off after the first half of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Lots to clean up. I like the dynamic Penix brings. Lots of awareness - making that defender miss on the sack to save the two minute drill was beautiful.

Not seeing a bowl team here, but not writing them off after the first half of the season.

Agree on all points 

Penix was disappointing so far. Maybe he can redeem himself in the second half. The defense has looked pretty bad playing a second division MAC team. Tackling is awful. The running game has been non-existent and I think Allen has been outcoached. From what I see so far there won't be a bowl. 

If our WRs catch even half of the drops we’re looking at a completely different game. I don’t see a bowl team yet either. Wrapping up on tackles has been an issue in the first half.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Gahoosierfan said:

Penix was disappointing so far. Maybe he can redeem himself in the second half. The defense has looked pretty bad playing a second division MAC team. Tackling is awful. The running game has been non-existent and I think Allen has been outcoached. From what I see so far there won't be a bowl. 

We must be watching different games. Not taking that sack at the end of the half, that bomb, scramble capability. I'm not handing him the Heisman, but far from disappointing.