Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Old Friend

Start With Why

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Doesn't anybody on btb have a job?   I mean, the amount of posting across all the threads has been phenomenal for a Wednesday morning.   I love it.

Aside from my 7:30 meeting, my calendar is surprisingly empty for today. Next couple months look to be busy though!

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Doesn't anybody on btb have a job?   I mean, the amount of posting across all the threads has been phenomenal for a Wednesday morning.   I love it.

I'm at work, switching browsers whenever my boss walks by lol!

Aside from my 7:30 meeting, my calendar is surprisingly empty for today. Next couple months look to be busy though!

Yep. September is gonna suck for me. It will open back up come basketball season. I am enjoying getting to work from home a couple of days a week now too. Back to the Future 1, 2, and 3 will be playing in the background today. Number 2 is 2/3 the way through...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Why did we all leave Scout again?

Look.... I posted what I did for the reasons I told you.  You're the guy trying to tell me what I want, why I posted it; and then make the comment that I don't know what I'm talking about.   Ironic, yes?

You can win.  But take a look at the beginning of this.  I posted a tape of an interview I found entertaining and even acknowledged I knew it would rile some guys up.  Well guess what?  I was right.  It was not however, my intent despite your insistence otherwise.  You win.  You're important and I'm not.  But I didn't start with any personal attacks/assumptions or accusations.   That would be.....you.

I don't know the reason behind it, therefore have no opinion of it.  If it's just disrespect for the sake of it, I would disagree with it and wonder where it comes from.   I like the man and I like his radio show because he's generally a no BS guy.  He's not perfect.

I don’t see how a guy who can call Archie “Little Archie” and defend Alford is a “no BS” guy.

Dakich is a “I’m right and damn the world” guy just like Bob Knight, but with a butt crack hair’s worth of his talent.

18 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I don’t see how a guy who can call Archie “Little Archie” and defend Alford is a “no BS” guy.

Dakich is a “I’m right and damn the world” guy just like Bob Knight, but with a butt crack hair’s worth of his talent.

Like I said, I don't know the reason behind it.  Nor do I equate his references to the general content of his show.  If you have listened this week, you'll have other examples of "no BS."

Like I said, I don't know the reason behind it.  Nor do I equate his references to the general content of his show.  If you have listened this week, you'll have other examples of "no BS."

Is it no filter or no bs? I think he is full of bs. He doesn’t even believe the things he says, he just says it to rile people up and get ratings, that’s bs if I’ve ever heard it. You’ve even said, he’s and entertainer and that is part of his job. It’s a schtick then and most people are sick of it. There are just some people starving for Indiana sports info and he is one of a few that has a platform.

10 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Is it no filter or no bs? I think he is full of bs. He doesn’t even believe the things he says, he just says it to rile people up and get ratings, that’s bs if I’ve ever heard it. You’ve even said, he’s and entertainer and that is part of his job. It’s a schtick then and most people are sick of it. There are just some people starving for Indiana sports info and he is one of a few that has a platform.

That's fair.  I suppose what I mean (and his style is really not what I'm referring to....I understand how people may not care for that) is when it comes to information or analysis of a given situation, he's the one guy who doesn't toe the company line and he's willing to call a spade a spade.   He's completely on "our side" as it relates to the Board of Trustees and Michael McRobbie.  He absolutely wants Indiana to succeed, and he uses his platform to call out guys like Pat Shoulders for being the hack yes men they are.   That by itself is why I've disagreed with those who've said he hates IU.  

I get that people are tired of the presentation.  I truly do.  And yes.  He's an entertainer.  His ratings are over the moon and this week?  They'll set records.  Exactly because he's willing to say something other hosts aren't and present a position that's NOT "Andrew Luck is a local hero and should be celebrated.  Those who booed him are classless."   That's the narrative with Kravitz, Doyel, Wills, etc.  Not Dakich.  And it's why he's successful.  I posted the above interview with Christian Fauria to simply provide an example of the kind of stuff I love from him.   Perhaps the "no filter" thing is more what I mean.  I know someone else with a faulty filter.  

4 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Nah Dakich at least remains mostly factually accurate and doesn’t try to manipulate with lies.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It's more questions like this for me.  He's the only guy who'll even come close to doing this.

3 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Best comment in that is “why can’t we criticize Luck?” “Because he is a civil war veteran”

Yeah, that was pretty funny.   Did you see some knucklehead started a similar Jacoby Brissett "Civil War"  Twitter account?   Ugh.

On 8/27/2019 at 10:59 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m ready for Indiana basketball to be great again and see how Dakich responds to Archie having success.
Please Archie, make this happen.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This is what I'm really interested in. IMO, all the other stuff around Dakich is just noise and I pretty much tune it out. I've posted several times that I'm really surprised and taken aback by how disrespectful Dakich is towards Archie so publicly. 

I'm curious as the bball season starts how Dakich will treat Archie this season, because minus the results coming through on the court, so far Archie has done everything someone like Dakich has wanted. Archie kept a former player in Elston onboard, hired a former Knight era player in Mike Roberts, brought his own former IU player, Johnny Jager, back as a grad assistant, and every recruit he's signed since being at IU except for one (Forrester) has either been from Indiana or at least the Midwest. 

Archie has also done a lot to connect with former players and bring them back into the fold.

While it needs to translate to the win column for sure, I'm curious if Dakich will still be so disrespectful, or will we see him warming up to Archie and his approach this season, and beginning to give him credit and support? 

This is what I'm really interested in. IMO, all the other stuff around Dakich is just noise and I pretty much tune it out. I've posted several times that I'm really surprised and taken aback by how disrespectful Dakich is towards Archie so publicly. 
I'm curious as the bball season starts how Dakich will treat Archie this season, because minus the results coming through on the court, so far Archie has done everything someone like Dakich has wanted. Archie kept a former player in Elston onboard, hired a former Knight era player in Mike Roberts, brought his own former IU player, Johnny Jager, back as a grad assistant, and every recruit he's signed since being at IU except for one (Forrester) has either been from Indiana or at least the Midwest. 
Archie has also done a lot to connect with former players and bring them back into the fold.
While it needs to translate to the win column for sure, I'm curious if Dakich will still be so disrespectful, or will we see him warming up to Archie and his approach this season, and beginning to give him credit and support? 

Agree. I bet he jumps right on the bandwagon if we start winning. He likes and respects the grit of Purdue’s teams. He doesn’t like “shoe guys” and shoe coaches. The Archie stuff is a bit odd, but I think some of that stems from Alford vs Archie and some of that stems from the perception of Sean Miller.