Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Old Friend

Start With Why

I think this is more in line with how the DD conversations become Everyone v OF. I don’t see this as trolling. He’s known to impart valuable perspective on a myriad of topics

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think this is more in line with how the DD conversations become Everyone v OF. I don’t see this as trolling. He’s known to impart valuable perspective on a myriad of topics  

That may be on other topics. But he openly said it would get a reaction and he loves that. That in itself is trolling. Is it that big of deal? Not really. Kind of funny actually. He posted a four year old segment of one man calling another man an @$$ for seven minutes due to trolling. Then says that’s why he loves him. Kind of ironic actually. All of it made me laugh, but I don’t necessarily get my jollies from a dude calling another dude an @$$ repeatedly.  

Having known him for over ten years now I would be willing to bet it’s not the reaction or lack thereof he wanted or expected (minimal). Whatever monicker he uses that’s just how he has always been. He enjoys pissing people off then having them come at him so he can claim they just want to fight and he was just a regular dude at the bar wanting to have convos. Even five years ago this would have got a larger response due to who he was. I am guessing that’s what he was aiming for and didn’t get it. If he would have got what he wanted he would have been here posting about it at people. He is better than this and he knows it. He provides a lot more than trolling.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

13 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

This is the second time in the last few days OF has openly admitted to trolling. He just can't help himself.... mods? 

You seriously think this warrants a step in by the mods?  Get a grip.   You're telling me..objectively..you weren't entertained by that?   Did you listen to it?   Entertainment, amigo.   This is not something you had to open, and because you don't care for it doesn't mean you have to ask to have it removed or me to get in trouble.  Good grief.  "I don't like this!  Mods..help me!!!"   Want any cheese with that?

2 hours ago, JHoosier914 said:

I thought it was an entertaining interview from 3 years ago that showed why I like the guy.  Nothing more.  The whining about it entertains me, though.

2 hours ago, mdn82 said:

That may be on other topics. But he openly said it would get a reaction and he loves that. That in itself is trolling. Is it that big of deal? Not really. Kind of funny actually. He posted a four year old segment of one man calling another man an @$$ for seven minutes due to trolling. Then says that’s why he loves him. Kind of ironic actually. All of it made me laugh, but I don’t necessarily get my jollies from a dude calling another dude an @$$ repeatedly.  

Having known him for over ten years now I would be willing to bet it’s not the reaction or lack thereof he wanted or expected (minimal). Whatever monicker he uses that’s just how he has always been. He enjoys pissing people off then having them come at him so he can claim they just want to fight and he was just a regular dude at the bar wanting to have convos. Even five years ago this would have got a larger response due to who he was. I am guessing that’s what he was aiming for and didn’t get it. If he would have got what he wanted he would have been here posting about it at people. He is better than this and he knows it. He provides a lot more than trolling.

Hhhmm...where to start.

1)  I do not enjoy pissing people off.   False.  I DO enjoy debate and being challenged, though.  Keeps me sharp, and there is no shortage of people willing to engage here.   Most of the time, I love the conversation and the back and forth.  I also don't want to "fight."  Debate?  Yep.  Absolutely.  To be fair to myself, when I post anything of substance, I haven't been wrong much, and when I post my opinion, I enjoy defending it.   I'll own that all day long.

2)  I find it interesting that you think I was fishing for responses.  I posted this in the off topic forum.  Did you even stop to consider how few people actually read this forum before you made that comment?   You know the answer as well as I do.  If I wanted responses, I'd have posted it in the basketball forum.  All I said was I know it'd rile some guys up...and it did.  Is it really that hard for you to accept that I posted that simply for the face value of it?  (Granted, with fair warning)   Dakich has the highest rated daytime radio show in Indiana, so it's not like I'm the only one who likes the guy, or better said his radio show.  There has been  plenty of discussion about him with very few taking his side.   This interview shows why  I feel the way I do. Done.  End of discussion.  But to you?  NO!!  There just HAS to be something more, and it HAS to be some self serving thing for me, right?   You wouldn't be satisfied otherwise in this case. Like I said...I knew it would rile some guys up who just HATE the guy and can't stand that I like him.  And I mean that.  If someone else did?   You wouldn't care, and I know it.

3)  The name calling had nothing at all to do with why I liked that segment.  Zero (You don't "know me" as well as you suggest).  I am not a school girl who giggles at the word "a$$."

4)  Regarding your last comment..like I said, I posted it where I knew it wouldn't get many eyes.  If I had an agenda, I'd have chosen a different forum and made the mods move it.   I couldn't care less who responds to something like this.  You don't believe me, but it was simply an example to show why I like him and why I have made comments to that effect.  Dakich entertains me and he doesn't ever back down.  I like that and I appreciate his style, which this segment showed.  Many don't, which is fine, but this was in no way intended the way you presented.

Bottom line?  I used that segment as an example for anyone who might have been interested in learning why I defend the guy.   I knew some would be upset that I posted it and they were.  Hell, one snowflake wants the mods involved (seriously????).  But that's all there was to it.   You're making WAY more of it than was intended....which is on you.

Edit :  I have 3 kids at 2 schools playing football (2) and fall baseball (1), a busy job, a boatload of personal crap in my world; and three different and equally important volunteer ventures right now.  The very last thing in the world I need is a "fight," and the next to last thing I need are "responses."   This is entertainment to me.  A quick escape to a place where people love the same basic thing I do (Indiana University athletics).   Any personal analysis you choose to do is your own exercise, but you're off on this one.  I would FAR rather be treated as the guy at the bar as you suggest.  Yeah, the opinionated guy, but who wants to sit next to the boring guy who nods his head?  I do get a big kick out of the ire I seem to bring out in some people...in this case because I dare defend a radio host they don't like. 

Just now, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Dan Dakich sucks boom roasted

That actually made me laugh.  Thank you.  I feel like a.....what, 4th grader again?  Seriously.  Thank you.  =)

I’ll be honest, I like that Dakich is trying to stick it to Irsay and Colts management Re: Luck.

Some fishy stuff with that entire deal and Dakich knows it.

Dakich is a smart guy, that has stuck his foot in his mouth more than a few times. But he is entertaining and often right with his takes.

I’m ready for Indiana basketball to be great again and see how Dakich responds to Archie having success.
Please Archie, make this happen.

Hhhmm...where to start.

1)  I do not enjoy pissing people off.   False.  I DO enjoy debate and being challenged, though.  Keeps me sharp, and there is no shortage of people willing to engage here.   Most of the time, I love the conversation and the back and forth.  I also don't want to "fight."  Debate?  Yep.  Absolutely.  To be fair to myself, when I post anything of substance, I haven't been wrong much, and when I post my opinion, I enjoy defending it.   I'll own that all day long.

2)  I find it interesting that you think I was fishing for responses.  I posted this in the off topic forum.  Did you even stop to consider how few people actually read this forum before you made that comment?   You know the answer as well as I do.  If I wanted responses, I'd have posted it in the basketball forum.  All I said was I know it'd rile some guys up...and it did.  Is it really that hard for you to accept that I posted that simply for the face value of it?  (Granted, with fair warning)   Dakich has the highest rated daytime radio show in Indiana, so it's not like I'm the only one who likes the guy, or better said his radio show.  There has been  plenty of discussion about him with very few taking his side.   This interview shows why  I feel the way I do. Done.  End of discussion.  But to you?  NO!!  There just HAS to be something more, and it HAS to be some self serving thing for me, right?   You wouldn't be satisfied otherwise in this case. Like I said...I knew it would rile some guys up who just HATE the guy and can't stand that I like him.  And I mean that.  If someone else did?   You wouldn't care, and I know it.

3)  The name calling had nothing at all to do with why I liked that segment.  Zero (You don't "know me" as well as you suggest).  I am not a school girl who giggles at the word "a$$."

4)  Regarding your last comment..like I said, I posted it where I knew it wouldn't get many eyes.  If I had an agenda, I'd have chosen a different forum and made the mods move it.   I couldn't care less who responds to something like this.  You don't believe me, but it was simply an example to show why I like him and why I have made comments to that effect.  Dakich entertains me and he doesn't ever back down.  I like that and I appreciate his style, which this segment showed.  Many don't, which is fine, but this was in no way intended the way you presented.

Bottom line?  I used that segment as an example for anyone who might have been interested in learning why I defend the guy.   I knew some would be upset that I posted it and they were.  Hell, one snowflake wants the mods involved (seriously????).  But that's all there was to it.   You're making WAY more of it than was intended....which is on you.

Edit :  I have 3 kids at 2 schools playing football (2) and fall baseball (1), a busy job, a boatload of personal crap in my world; and three different and equally important volunteer ventures right now.  The very last thing in the world I need is a "fight," and the next to last thing I need are "responses."   This is entertainment to me.  A quick escape to a place where people love the same basic thing I do (Indiana University athletics).   Any personal analysis you choose to do is your own exercise, but you're off on this one.  I would FAR rather be treated as the guy at the bar as you suggest.  Yeah, the opinionated guy, but who wants to sit next to the boring guy who nods his head?  I do get a big kick out of the ire I seem to bring out in some people...in this case because I dare defend a radio host they don't like. 

“This will rile a few guys up. Which I LOVE.” I mean that’s what I got after all of that. I just found the whole thing funny considering the context of the segment and age of it. How few people actually read it? I am on the app and the most recent posts appear no matter the category. The majority of people on here are on the app. So yes, most everyone sees this in spite of it being on the Off-Topic forum. Nobody cared enough to respond to it. #BTBtriggeredbyDD

7 hours ago, mdn82 said:

“This will rile a few guys up. Which I LOVE.” I mean that’s what I got after all of that. I just found the whole thing funny considering the context of the segment and age of it. How few people actually read it? I am on the app and the most recent posts appear no matter the category. The majority of people on here are on the app. So yes, most everyone sees this in spite of it being on the Off-Topic forum. Nobody cared enough to respond to it. #BTBtriggeredbyDD

You did.

I'm not sure why you think I care who responds.   I don't.  At all.  I knew if some guys read it, given their distaste for Dakich, it would rile them up.  Statement of fact.  What I love is the simple fact.  This is a free chat board filled with guys who know very little about each other, and one of the more passionate topics is whether some like or don't like a radio host who happens to be a former Hoosier player and coach.    Pointing out why I like the guy would upset some.people.   I knew it....and said so.  I love it from the standpoint of, like you, it makes me laugh.  One guy wants me banned because of it.  

None of that matters much, but if I wanted responses, I'd have posted it in a more popular place.   Whether or not you or any other have the app never crossed my mind.  I don't use the app and choose to read what I choose to read.  I didn't know how the app works.  Which means I had no intention of posting for responses from guys who use it.  

You did.

I'm not sure why you think I care who responds.   I don't.  At all.  I knew if some guys read it, given their distaste for Dakich, it would rile them up.  Statement of fact.  What I love is the simple fact.  This is a free chat board filled with guys who know very little about each other, and one of the more passionate topics is whether some like or don't like a radio host who happens to be a former Hoosier player and coach.    Pointing out why I like the guy would upset some.people.   I knew it....and said so.  I love it from the standpoint of, like you, it makes me laugh.  One guy wants me banned because of it.  

None of that matters much, but if I wanted responses, I'd have posted it in a more popular place.   Whether or not you or any other have the app never crossed my mind.  I don't use the app and choose to read what I choose to read.  I didn't know how the app works.  Which means I had no intention of posting for responses from guys who use it.  

Lol if you riled them they would respond. I think the silence is deafening. But you are trying to get a point across so I will let you have your moment. I will even help you.

LOOK EVERYONE OF KNOWS DAN DAKICH IS A GREAT PERSON. HE DOES NOT LIKE YOUR NEGATIVITY TOWARDS HIM. HE CAN’T SAY WHY HE KNOWS THAT HE JUST DOES. SO STOP BEING MEAN. IF NOT? NEXT TIME WE WILL FIND A VIDEO OF HIM CALLING SOMEONE A DILDO BREATH. NO MATTER HOW FAR WE HAVE TO DIVE IN THE ARCHIVES. YOU GOT THAT?!?! NOW STOP GETTING RILED UP!

We are like two comrades who sat through the internet arm and arm through the darkest days of IU. I got your back OF. You are one of the good ones.

IMG_2005.jpg

25 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Lol if you riled them they would respond. I think the silence is deafening. But you are trying to get a point across so I will let you have your moment. I will even help you.

LOOK EVERYONE OF KNOWS DAN DAKICH IS A GREAT PERSON. HE DOES NOT LIKE YOUR NEGATIVITY TOWARDS HIM. HE CAN’T SAY WHY HE KNOWS THAT HE JUST DOES. SO STOP BEING MEAN. IF NOT? NEXT TIME WE WILL FIND A VIDEO OF HIM CALLING SOMEONE A DILDO BREATH. NO MATTER HOW FAR WE HAVE TO DIVE IN THE ARCHIVES. YOU GOT THAT?!?! NOW STOP GETTING RILED UP!

We are like two comrades who sat through the internet arm and arm through the darkest days of IU. I got your back OF. You are one of the good ones.

IMG_2005.jpg

Kumbaya.

I do not care who responds.  You want to know something funny that I know you won't believe?  I had forgotten about that post until I ran across it last night....because of the title.  "Start With Why" by Simon Sinek is one of my favorite books.    I then renembered and looked at it.   Saw your psychological analysis and responded.

It was intended as a proof source.   Nothing more, although I knew some would just HATE it.   You really think I  can't get responses if I want to and now have to announce that's what I'm after???     10 years of responses based solely on the merit of whatever I write, and...now I have to ask for them??     Cone on, now.  You're smarter than that.   If I need responses someday,  or get worried about "deafening silence " I'll stick to the board that has 334,000 posts.  Not 20,000.  

I'll also pick a more interesting topic than Dan Dakich.  We've got plenty of better IU related topics, don't we?  

Thank you for your.....help.  I think I'll stay with this topic from time to time when I get bored.  

Lmao you aren’t grasping the whole everyone sees it thing. The reason there are that many posts on the basketball side is that’s the easiest place to build a topic. All are seen at the same rate until there aren’t posts to keep it on the main page for the app. Whether you put it here or the IU basketball page does not matter at all. I know that is a difficult concept to wrap your head around not using the app but it’s how the strong majority of people know how this site is. After I hit send I will give you a screenshot so you can hopefully understand that...

IMG_2006.thumb.jpg.7a385c65a34a7ffcde83e71767ee9995.jpg

See recents posts... That’s what comes up first is the most recent post. No matter what category it’s in. Since I just posted it is the most recent post for everyone using the app. Therefore everyone that sees that is skipping over it and apparently not getting riled up... Crazy I know considering it’s not in the IU basketball section. Sorry that doesn’t make a difference. Even a little. So sticking to the board that has 330k posts again means nothing to the app users (which is the majority of all users). We will all see it the same... You would get the same treatment. For a social experiment you should try it.

3 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Lmao you aren’t grasping the whole everyone sees it thing. The reason there are that many posts on the basketball side is that’s the easiest place to build a topic. All are seen at the same rate until there aren’t posts to keep it on the main page for the app. Whether you put it here or the IU basketball page does not matter at all. I know that is a difficult concept to wrap your head around not using the app but it’s how the strong majority of people know how this site is. After I hit send I will give you a screenshot so you can hopefully understand that...

Aside, of course, from my astute Field Hockey coverage...

Aside, of course, from my astute Field Hockey coverage...

I didn’t even know the basketball section existed until I was pointed in that direction .

Only reason I'm here. 

Lol, I sure hope I come in a close second as to why you are here Natty.

Edit: That and the vast porn collection from HoosierReb. I wonder if the mod squad ever found that...