Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

#IUMS - 2019 Exhibition Schedule

Let's get it on!

@RigdonJared: Daniel Munie, Jack Maher, Spencer Glass and Simon Waever start as the four defenders in the first period.

Freshmen Aidan Morris, Victor Bezerra, Herbert Endeley and Maouloune Goumballe all getting action early in the match. 

Ian Black, Bryant Pratt and A.J Palazzolo the other three “starters” in the first period of play. #iums

@RigdonJared: John Bannec, Andrew Goldsworthy, Brett Bebej, Ben Yeagley, Jacob Gruber, Isaac Sarosy and Alex McGill all getting their first action of the night as the third period opens. 

Ryan Wittenbrink is here but not in uniform. Freshmen Josh Penn and Quinten Helmer have yet to appear as well. 

It’s worth noting that senior midfielder/forward and FIU transfer Joris Ahlinvi didn’t travel tonight so his IU debut will have to wait. 

I was there.

We look just as talented but a lot younger and completely dominated the game. We still need to get our chemistry together but once we do look out. All the staples of the Yeagley system are the same with good organization and crisp passing along with brick wall defense. Bowling Green is terrible but we did what you should do and completely controlled the game putting three goals home.

Of note Josh Penn, Ryan Wittenbrink and Jhoris Ahlinvi did not play in what I am hoping is just a case of minor injury or getting night off. Starting goalie Sean Caulfield also had night off. Only other guy who did not play was newcomer Quinton Helmer who I don't expect much from this year. Everyone else saw at least a little action especially late and subbing was a constant as the end of our bench is better than their starters and we dominated whistle to whistle.

Curious to see how we look Wednesday against a really good Louisville team on our level. I'll be at that as well.    

36 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I was there.

We look just as talented but a lot younger and completely dominated the game. We still need to get our chemistry together but once we do look out. All the staples of the Yeagley system are the same with good organization and crisp passing along with brick wall defense. Bowling Green is terrible but we did what you should do and completely controlled the game putting three goals home.

Of note Josh Penn, Ryan Wittenbrink and Jhoris Ahlinvi did not play in what I am hoping is just a case of minor injury or getting night off. Starting goalie Sean Caulfield also had night off. Only other guy who did not play was newcomer Quinton Helmer who I don't expect much from this year. Everyone else saw at least a little action especially late and subbing was a constant as the end of our bench is better than their starters and we dominated whistle to whistle.

Curious to see how we look Wednesday against a really good Louisville team on our level. I'll be at that as well.    

Aaron, your recaps and game primers, along with CCGeneral's updates, have really made it enjoyable to follow the IU Soccer program.  I hope you'll keep it up this year.  I think there are a bunch of us who appreciate learning more about the game and the college soccer landscape, even though we have little background.  

I'll try to get to the game on Wednesday, just 10 minutes away for me.  

Goalie is a concern. That first goal came as a direct result of Caulfield coming way to far out of his goal and UL sliding it past him on a break away. Hopefully he learns but this is the third time I have seen Caulfield play and each time I am not impressed. He looks uncomfortable out there. Either he needs to get better or we need to try one of the other goalies. If he learns from it glad it happened now.

Outside of that this team will not miss a beat and looks as good as ever with the young guys. Josh Penn only played a half and didn't score but is an absolute stud and his speed gave UL fits when he was in there. D looks really good and neither goal was remotely there fault.

We definitely still look elite and can play with anyone. Not upset about the loss and like what I see from the young guys. Just get the goalie situation under control and this could be a special season yet again.