Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) C Javonte Brown-Ferguson

@Elias_NPH: Javonte Brown-Ferguson @lanxxjay racking them up since he let it be known he's considering 2020 instead of 21'. Indiana and UCONN latest to offer. https://northpolehoops.com/players/javonte-brown/

Mount Saint Joseph, MD
6'11"/230

Rivals

https://terrapintimes.com/s/135/2021-forward-brown-ferguson-sees-recruitment-rise-exponentially

Won't get much of a feel for his game from his AAU season.  He was on a pretty bad team that finished its season 3-11 and of the 14 games, stats weren't posted for 2 games and Brown-Ferguson didn't play in 3.  He is without a doubt a miserable free throw shooter.

Javonte Brown-Ferguson ( C ) '20 - Canada Elite ` ` Has IU Offer      
Date W/L Pts. FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks.
4/12 L 4 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 9
4/13 L 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0
4/13 L 2 1 4 0 1 0 2 4 0 0 0 0
4/14 L 10 5 8 0 0 0 2 6 3 0 0 2
4/26 L 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0
4/27 L       DID NOT PLAY            
4/27 W       NO  STATS POSTED            
4/28 W       NO  STATS POSTED            
5/3 L 2 1 1 0 0 0 4 4 1 1 0 2
5/4 L 5 2 7 0 0 1 1 3 0 0 0 1
5/4 W 22 9 13 2 2 2 4 10 0 0 1 2
5/5 L 8 2 3 0 0 4 7 4 0 1 0 2
7/11 L       DID NOT PLAY            
7/11 L       DID NOT PLAY            

Avg   5.9 54%   67%   35%   4 0 0 0 2
# Gms AAU 9                        
# Gms MP N.A.                        

ADAM ZAGORIA

Javonte Brown-Ferguson, the 7-foot, 240-pound big man from Baltimore (MD) Mount Saint Joseph High School and the Under Armour Canada Elite AAU program, is considering reclassifying to 2020 from 2021, he told ZAGSBLOG on Saturday.  Brown-Ferguson, who lives about 30 minutes outside of Toronto, said he’s “70-30” in favor of reclassifying and will make a final decision after the New Year.  He holds offers from a slew of high-major Division 1 programs, including Maryland, Tulane, Oklahoma, Providence, Indiana, Kansas, Texas A&M, UConn, Seton Hall, New Mexico, Stanford, Georgetown, Ohio and Denver.  Wisconsin, Illinois, Oregon, Ohio State, Marquette and Purdue are among those showing high interest.  Brown-Ferguson, 16, said Indiana, Texas A&M, UConn and Marquette are working the hardest in his recruitment at this point.  He broke down each school:

Indiana: “They’re saying that they’ve been watching me since the live period in July in Atlanta. They were saying that they liked how hard I played, and they’re very interested in me coming to play in the 2020 class.”

Texas A&M: “Pretty much saying the same thing. They like how I take directions and they see that I’m trying to following the coach’s orders.”

UConn: “They pretty much say the same thing as Indiana. They like my intensity, how hard I played and how I brought good vibes to my team and how I had a good relationship with my teammates.”

Marquette: “They haven’t offered yet, but they saw me play in Houston at the NCAA Academy, Session 2. Coach Dwayne Killings said he’s very interested, but they haven’t offered yet.”

Brown-Ferguson said he plans to take some visits this fall but has none set yet.  He models his game after Anthony Davis and Nicola Jokic, but hopes to follow fellow Canadians like Andrew Wiggins, R.J. Barrett and others into the NBA. 

“Yeah, 100 percent,” he said.

I read a post from someone elsewhere and that poster noted how important this player is.  I found only one short video and one clip of a single play.  Nothing stood out, but again, I only saw one video and one clip.  The 9 blocks in a single game looks nice, but then where did his shot blocking go the remainder of the season?  I wish the stats included minutes played, as he didn't rack up any crazy numbers throughout most of the AAU season (22 and 10...10 and 6 aren't shabby).  He doesn't seem to be 240, but it takes a lot to fill out a 7' frame and he's barely old enough to drive.  He holds offers from some elite programs though.  I do wish there was more to watch of his game.  Apparently something about him stands out to recruiters, considering the offers coming in.

29 minutes ago, ray said:

I read a post from someone elsewhere and that poster noted how important this player is.  I found only one short video and one clip of a single play.  Nothing stood out, but again, I only saw one video and one clip.  The 9 blocks in a single game looks nice, but then where did his shot blocking go the remainder of the season?  I wish the stats included minutes played, as he didn't rack up any crazy numbers throughout most of the AAU season (22 and 10...10 and 6 aren't shabby).  He doesn't seem to be 240, but it takes a lot to fill out a 7' frame and he's barely old enough to drive.  He holds offers from some elite programs though.  I do wish there was more to watch of his game.  Apparently something about him stands out to recruiters, considering the offers coming in.

Old adage "you can't teach height" is my guess. 

Maybe he's a plan C after Loveday and Garcia? 

@jakeweingarten: 2021 prospect Javonte Brown-Ferguson will have the following schools see him during live period (confirmed): UConn, Texas A&M, Indiana, Kansas, Marquette, Western Kentucky.

He told @stockrisers that Kansas and Texas A&M will get home visits ‘for sure’ Seton Hall involved also.

Zagoria - 

Coaches are flocking North of the border to see Javonte Brown-Ferguson, the 7-foot, 240-pound 16-year-old big man from Thornlea Secondary School in Ontario and the Under Armour Canada Elite AAU program.  Kansas head coach Bill Self and Seton Hall assistant Duane Woodward are expected in to see him work out on Friday.  Already this week, Texas A&M head coach Buzz Williams and assistants from Western Kentucky, Marquette and UConn have been in to see Brown-Ferguson.  Next week, Indiana, Stanford, UConn and Marquette are expected to return. 

He has three official visits set to Texas A&M (Sept. 20), Kansas (Oct. 4) and UConn (Oct. 24).  “It’s been great,” he said by text. “I’m seeing who really wants me and there’s going to be a lot more next week.”  Brown-Ferguson, who lives about 30 minutes outside of Toronto, said he’s “70-30” in favor of reclassifying to 2020 and previously said he will make a final decision after the New Year. 

Earlier this summer, he broke down several schools:

Indiana:  “They’re saying that they’ve been watching me since the live period in July in Atlanta.  They were saying that they liked how hard I played, and they’re very interested in me coming to play in the 2020 class.”

Texas A&M: “Pretty much saying the same thing. They like how I take directions and they see that I’m trying to following the coach’s orders.”

UConn: “They pretty much say the same thing as Indiana. They like my intensity, how hard I played and how I brought good vibes to my team and how I had a good relationship with my teammates.”

Marquette: “They haven’t offered yet, but they saw me play in Houston at the NCAA Academy, Session 2. Coach Dwayne Killings said he’s very interested, but they haven’t offered yet.”

Kansas: “They have a very good coaching staff including coach [Bill] Self. They have an amazing arena and amazing facilities. They always come out with great bigs, kind of like a big man factory. And the Big 12 is one of the best conferences in the NCAA also.”

Purdue: “They have arguably the best coach in the NCAA. They play through their bigs and that’s always good because I’m a big man. They develop lots of NBA players, especially at my size. They play in a great league, too.”    [arguably the best coach???????????]

Brown-Ferguson said he plans to take some visits this fall but has none set yet. He models his game after Anthony Davis and Nicola Jokic, but hopes to follow fellow Canadians like Andrew Wiggins, R.J. Barrett and others into the NBA.“Yeah, 100 percent,” he said.

33 minutes ago, bigrod said:

Ok, beside the best coach in the NCAA comment, who are all these bigs that Purdue has put in the league? Swanigan and...??? IU has more bigs playing in the NBA than Purdue does.

And "Indiana" didn't put those bigs in the NBA, the combination of the IUBB staff back then and the players' work ethic did that.

Zagoria -

Javonte Brown-Ferguson, the 7-foot, 240-pound 16-year-old big man from Thornlea Secondary School in Ontario and the Under Armour Canada Elite AAU program, took his second official visit to Kansas this past weekend.  Brown-Ferguson is currently in the Class of 2021, but is leaning heavily toward reclassifying to 2020.

“Kansas was great,” he said by text. “They said they want me. They need two bigs. They said if Gethro [Muscadin] and Isaiah Todd sign then it wouldn’t be the best thing for me to come.”  The 6–10 Muscadin visited Kansas last month and was at Texas Tech this past weekend. Todd, also 6-10, will announce Oct. 17 between Kansas and Michigan. 

Brown-Ferguson previously visited Texas A&M last month.  “The visit was great and their message was they want one big man and they believe I’ll fill in the spot very well,” he said. 

Next up Brown-Ferguson will take an official to UConn Oct. 24.  With UConn poised to re-enter the Big East Conference in 2020, Dan Hurley and his staff are keen to land a big man, a piece they believe can make them a Top-15 or 20-type team.  They are also in the mix for Roselle (N.J.) Catholic big man Cliff Omoruyi and Dylan Cardwell of McEachern (GA), who visits Oct. 17-19.  “They need a big for 2020,” Brown-Ferguson said of UConn. “They have good point guards and they just signed a big-time wing and now they need an impactful big so they can possibly go top 15.” 

Kansas, Arizona, Seton Hall, Western Kentucky, Marquette, Indiana and Stanford are also involved.  Brown-Ferguson, who lives about 30 minutes outside of Toronto, said he’s “70-30” in favor of reclassifying to 2020 and previously said he will make a final decision after the New Year. 

He models his game after Anthony Davis and Nicola Jokic, but hopes to follow fellow Canadians like Andrew Wiggins, R.J. Barrett and others into the NBA.  “Yeah, 100 percent,” he said.

On 10/7/2019 at 10:27 PM, jk34 said:

Money from Kansas 

Know what’s really sad? I read an article about Night at the Phog or whatever their event is called and apparently it featured a video where Bill Self was wearing an adidas shirt with a gold chain and dollar sign pendant. He might as well have given the NCAA the middle finger and I’d bet my next paycheck that the NCAA gives them a light slap on the wrist, if that.

Know what’s really sad? I read an article about Night at the Phog or whatever their event is called and apparently it featured a video where Bill Self was wearing an adidas shirt with a gold chain and dollar sign pendant. He might as well have given the NCAA the middle finger and I’d bet my next paycheck that the NCAA gives them a light slap on the wrist, if that.

I have a gut feeling that’s not going to be the case with this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app