Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) C Logan Duncomb to IU, to Winthrop

Hmm, where’s this come from? Do we like him as a player?
Probably would take us out of the Furst sweepstakes, I’d think.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Furst sees himself as a 4 so this would probably help with that showing him IU has a 5

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hmm, where’s this come from? Do we like him as a player?
Probably would take us out of the Furst sweepstakes, I’d think.

With Wayne Fleek on this one, but don’t have any first hand knowledge of his game. Numbers just don’t scream “must get” for IU, especially in a loaded and important 2021 class. I know stats aren’t everything, but I hesitate when you see a 6’9” kid in high school have several games where he had 4 points, or 8 points, and consistently scores around 12-16. Sort of pedestrian. 

My opinion, maybe have him as a plan B, but like to see us prioritize Furst, Kaufman, Aminu and Lander.

Big list of visitors at Indiana today including Aminu Mohammed, Logan Duncomb, Shawn Phillips, Payton Sparks & Pierce Thomas. IU commits Anthony Leal & Trey Galloway will also be on hand
@IndianaRivals
Corey Evans

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Shawn Phillips, the 6’10” 2022 center from Dayton? Ranked 40 in 247.

48 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Big list of visitors at Indiana today including Aminu Mohammed, Logan Duncomb, Shawn Phillips, Payton Sparks & Pierce Thomas. IU commits Anthony Leal & Trey Galloway will also be on hand
@IndianaRivals
Corey Evans

Hope somebody is kissing Aminu's rearend today lol!

Just found out about this kid today, had no idea he's been on campus for a visit already.

Based on the video, I like the type of player he is.  Definitely a 4 year type of guy you need on your team.

I like that he's 6'9'', Archie clearly trying to make sure we never have to battle through the B1G gauntlet with a 6'7" center again.

I'd be excited to get his commitment, we need a building block type of player at the C position.  Helps ensure guys like Furst and Kaufman they won't be stuck playing the 5.

Just found out about this kid today, had no idea he's been on campus for a visit already.
Based on the video, I like the type of player he is.  Definitely a 4 year type of guy you need on your team.
I like that he's 6'9'', Archie clearly trying to make sure we never have to battle through the B1G gauntlet with a 6'7" center again.
I'd be excited to get his commitment, we need a building block type of player at the C position.  Helps ensure guys like Furst and Kaufman they won't be stuck playing the 5.

Even a 6’9” center is a little small for the big ten. Just off the top of my head Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Purdue, and Maryland all have bigger centers than that. Yes they’ll graduate but they recruit bigger guys with good reason, I.e. Michigan with Hunter Dickinson coming in. I’d prefer Furst and a monster at the 5.

Even a 6’9” center is a little small for the big ten. Just off the top of my head Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Purdue, and Maryland all have bigger centers than that. Yes they’ll graduate but they recruit bigger guys with good reason, I.e. Michigan with Hunter Dickinson coming in. I’d prefer Furst and a monster at the 5.

Archie hasn’t really recruited those monster 6’11 to 7’0 tall post players other than Brunk. He just doesn’t go after those guys.

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

Archie hasn’t really recruited those monster 6’11 to 7’0 tall post players other than Brunk. He just doesn’t go after those guys.

When you play a hedge-and-recover defense like the pack line, it takes a rare 7’er to really fit the bill.

ironically IU had a run of such bigs under Crean: Zeller, Hanner (for all his flaws), and Vonleh.