Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) C Logan Duncomb to Xavier

"We would be lucky" if a top 100ish center averages 5 points and 5 boards over his career?  Get bent.  

Yea that would be pretty good. Means we are still pulling in better talent and he’s a backup. He adds good depth. And averaging 5-5-2 is a pretty good career for a guy ranked 106 right now. I’d be happy if he contributed what the guy ranked 106 in 2019 did which was 3.4 points, 3 rebounds and 0.7 blocks in 13 minutes a game. That was Malcolm Danridge who is a 6-9 center for Memphis.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea that would be pretty good. Means we are still pulling in better talent and he’s a backup. He adds good depth. And averaging 5-5-2 is a pretty good career for a guy ranked 106 right now. I’d be happy if he contributed what the guy ranked 106 in 2019 did which was 3.4 points, 3 rebounds and 0.7 blocks in 13 minutes a game. That was Malcolm Danridge who is a 6-9 center for Memphis.

That's Danridge's FRESHMAN numbers.  You want to lay money that Danridge doesn't put up better than 5/5 for his CAREER?

That's Danridge's FRESHMAN numbers.  You want to lay money that Danridge doesn't put up better than 5/5 for his CAREER?

He might now. Depends on the talent Penny brings in at his position. I’d like to be where he’s a backup for his career. How awful of me to want to continue grabbing top talent I guess.

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He might now. Depends on the talent Penny brings in at his position. I’d like to be where he’s a backup for his career. How awful of me to want to continue grabbing top talent I guess.

Can you hear all the eye rolls when you post?

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Joey Brunk was ranked 107 in his class. Averages 5.6 points and 3.5 rebounds for his career. So we are going to be mad if Duncomb turns out to be about the same?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You said we "would be lucky if he averaged 5 points and 5 rebounds".  Joey Brunk was injured to the point of having to be redshirted as a freshman and then spending a year where he was thrown in games just to try to get him to get him some court time.  And no, we wouldn't be 'lucky' to have Duncomb deal with two years of injuries like Brunk did.  Is that even a serious question?  You seriously think that the expectations of Brunk coming out of high school was to be a 5 and 5 player?

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So should I expect Duncomb to average 15 and 8 and be the next Cody Zeller? Which is more likely here? Him being Zeller or Brunk?

Make it easy on yourself  and split it down the middle!  Always one extreme to the other.

12 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So should I expect Duncomb to average 15 and 8 and be the next Cody Zeller? Which is more likely here? Him being Zeller or Brunk?

You should be as negative and pessimistic as you can.  Always expect the worst.  That way, you'll never be disappointed and when you're right (still waiting), you can FINALLY say "I KNEW it!!!"

You should be as negative and pessimistic as you can.  Always expect the worst.  That way, you'll never be disappointed and when you're right (still waiting), you can FINALLY say "I KNEW it!!!"

I’d say it’s being realistic. I say Anthony Leal should start as a freshman. “You’re stupid he’s not that good.” Duncomb will be another Joey Brunk. “You’re stupid” which is it? Be optimistic or realistic? Duncomb is likely to be a Joey Brunk. Why is that being pessimistic?

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I’d say it’s being realistic. I say Anthony Leal should start as a freshman. “You’re stupid he’s not that good.” Duncomb will be another Joey Brunk. “You’re stupid” which is it? Be optimistic or realistic? Duncomb is likely to be a Joey Brunk. Why is that being pessimistic?

Duncomb will probably be a 10 to 12 pts and 8 rebounds a game player by his senior season. Leal is not good enough to be a starter as a freshman. You are underselling DL and overselling Leal. Leal will be lucky to average 5 pts a game a freshman. 

32 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Joey Brunk was ranked 107 in his class. Averages 5.6 points and 3.5 rebounds for his career. So we are going to be mad if Duncomb turns out to be about the same?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah and Trevion Williams was ranked 128 in his class. Would you take his numbers?

Yeah and Trevion Williams was ranked 128 in his class. Would you take his numbers?

Sure. But I’d rather Archie continue grabbing elite big men like TJD. What is the problem with wanting Duncomb to be a backup? Meaning we have someone better? Meaning we have talent? Which would then make us good? Right?

Duncomb will probably be a 10 to 12 pts and 8 rebounds a game player by his senior season. Leal is not good enough to be a starter as a freshman. You are underselling DL and overselling Leal. Leal will be lucky to average 5 pts a game a freshman. 

So he’ll be doing what Vonleh and TJD as freshman, as a senior? Honestly, by the time he’s a senior, we should still be recruiting McDonalds All-American bigs who will start over him. Now if he wants to average 10-12 off the bench, that’d be great.

Williams also was able to just about double his minutes per game, points per game, shots per game and rebounds per game. But I don’t see Duncomb being a 21 minute a game guy in his career. 10-15 is more likely and is a good sign for us.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I agree with grabbing top talent. But I certainly don't think a top 100ish player is a joke. It's more an issue with slotting the kid as a college failure before his Senior year in HS.