Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SG - Blake Wesley to Notre Dame

Damezi is stuck at the end of the bench, really struggles to perform when he's in there and by most estimations, will be gone at the end of the season via transfer. Will there be a Damezi affect with this kid? In other words, since Damezi was such a "bust," will that leave a sour taste in the Riley folks' minds when it comes to IU? 

17 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Damezi is stuck at the end of the bench, really struggles to perform when he's in there and by most estimations, will be gone at the end of the season via transfer. Will there be a Damezi affect with this kid? In other words, since Damezi was such a "bust," will that leave a sour taste in the Riley folks' minds when it comes to IU? 

That same thought has certainly crossed my mind.  I'm certainly not excited about our offer to Franck Kepnang at Westtown HS but that's the same school Jake Forrester attended and I've wondered about the ripple effect there as well.

27 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Damezi and Wesley aren't the best of friends. Wesley's mother was pretty much the one responsible for Riley's HC resigning after Damezi's junior year. There is a lot of animosity around that program centered on what transpired. It's just as likely Wesley would like to go to IU and succeed where Damezi failed.

That's always the $64.00 question.   

This season, Wesley's game stats aren't getting reported to MaxPreps so his shooting % is unknown. He's averaging nearly 28 ppg but no idea how many shots he's putting up to get those points.  One of his games that I was able to watch earlier in the season the announcers made a comment that he was getting his points but was taking a lot of shots to get those points.  The specific game and date can be found somewhere earlier in this thread.

'18-19 stat line from MaxPreps

# Gms Min. PPG FG% 3FG% FT% RBG Asst Stls Blk
Wesley, Blake '21 18-19 18 20 12.3 45% 34% 72% 3 1 2 0

17 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Anyone interested can watch 3 full games of Wesley from this past season.

https://youtu.be/e263PVoufPY     Riley vs. S. B. Adams

https://youtu.be/u0UkK7-xHgI      Riley vs. S. B. St. Joseph

https://youtu.be/5cAuCANMCAg     Riley vs. LaPorte

You read my mind. Been wanting to watch some full games of this kid all year so I can make a fair comparison to Mohammed.

8 minutes ago, Demo said:

You read my mind. Been wanting to watch some full games of this kid all year so I can make a fair comparison to Mohammed.

Lot more to like with Mohammed IMO keeping in mind I am in no way a trained basketball scout.

I went back through this thread and I had watched his LaPorte game back in November and you'll find my thoughts on page 2.

Comments on his St. Joseph game in December near the bottom of page 2.

Comments on his February game against Adams on page 4.

Baumgart:  According to 2021 IU-target Blake Wesley's father, IU, Purdue, Louisville, Ohio St, Notre Dame, Texas most active right now. Michigan & Auburn have not offered, but active for the 6-5 guard from South Bend. If no EYBL, timetable moves up, Derrick Wesley said. Summer-fall commit.

49 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Mike Schumann of The Daily Hoosier -

Per a source, Indiana has been closely involved in the recruitment of 2021 4-star guard Blake Wesley, including head coach and assistant calls in the last week, and a zoom meeting tomorrow. More to come on this.

Sam Story said IU wasn’t recruiting him anymore...something about him not liking fish bowls? So this is clearly fake news. 

IU has some ground to make up.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Over whom?

He’s athletic for sure. He can score as a volume shooter. He can get to the rim in HS. His team loses a lot.

He’s not one of my favorite recruits.

If this is who we get at SG I’ll be okay with that and hope he can be reigned in.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Over whom?

He’s athletic for sure. He can score as a volume shooter. He can get to the rim in HS. His team loses a lot.

He’s not one of my favorite recruits.

If this is who we get at SG I’ll be okay with that and hope he can be reigned in.

Notre Dame for sure and probably Purdue as well