Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stromboli

Season Predictions 2019-2020

A common problem of prognosticators is that they look at returning statistical averages. That covers exactly half the game, the offensive end.

This year’s Indiana team will be, by far, the best and most talented defensive team that Archie Miller has had. This team will do quite well, and will far exceed expectations. 

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

A common problem of prognosticators is that they look at returning statistical averages. That covers exactly half the game, the offensive end.

This year’s Indiana team will be, by far, the best and most talented defensive team that Archie Miller has had. This team will do quite well, and will far exceed expectations. 

I so want THIS prognostication to be correct. I don't care about style points, appearances, stats etc just effing win, please. I don't mind if IU wins because of horrible officiating, weather delays or the other team getting food poisoning, I just want some semblance of a decent season for the first time in a what seems like forever. 

I'm still skeptical (I think I predicted 17-14 with no post-season) but I desperately want to be wrong. 

We'll know what this team can do soon enough. The non-conference schedule is not difficult. If we can't breeze past the first seven games in November, IU likely will have problems. IU really should not lose any games going into the new year--certainly no more than one.

We'll know what this team can do soon enough. The non-conference schedule is not difficult. If we can't breeze past the first seven games in November, IU likely will have problems. IU really should not lose any games going into the new year--certainly no more than one.

Notre Dame and at Wisconsin will be favored in their games with us before New Years at least. I wouldn’t be surprised to see UCONN at MSG favored over us as well. FSU and Arkansas we should be favored but it wouldn’t surprise me if FSU is a pick ‘em. If we go 3-2 it would be a success. 4-1 would be great. I would be shocked if we go undefeated there if I am being realistic. We are talking at least 3 Quad 1s. Arkansas and UCONN could both be Quad 2s.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If we can't defeat Florida State at home, Notre Dame in Indianapolis and Connecticut, then the predictions that IU will finish in the bottom half of the conference are likely accurate. The teams in the top half of the Big Ten are better than any of them.

If we can't defeat Florida State at home, Notre Dame in Indianapolis and Connecticut, then the predictions that IU will finish in the bottom half of the conference are likely accurate. The teams in the top half of the Big Ten are better than any of them.

Notre Dame is top 25 team that veteran heavy on a neutral court. Other than that I think we beat FSU at home cause they are younger. I guess that one depends on environment to me. UConn we will see. At MSG. To me I would take us there. But I would not place my season on games like that involve a top 25 team on a neutral court. And no the top half of the B1G is not better than all three of those teams. ND would be picked to be a top 4 team in our league. If you don’t believe me, hop on twitter and ask any college basketball analyst. I guarantee Dakich would respond to that question.

Edit: I would go for 4-1, but wouldn’t be crazy disappointed in 3-2.

If we can't win these games it is not likely we will win comparable games during the conference schedule. There is a lot of complaining within the IU fan base about prognosticators predicting IU missing the NCAA tournament again and finishing near the bottom of the conference. To make the tournament, IU has to win games against teams like Florida State, Notre Dame, and Connecticut--not to mention comparable conference teams. It's really that simple.

8 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

If we can't win these games it is not likely we will win comparable games during the conference schedule. There is a lot of complaining within the IU fan base about prognosticators predicting IU missing the NCAA tournament again and finishing near the bottom of the conference. To make the tournament, IU has to win games against teams like Florida State, Notre Dame, and Connecticut--not to mention comparable conference teams. It's really that simple.

I agree, will be disappointed with anymore than 1 loss in the non conference 

Lol it’s really not. They can easily lose two of those games and make the tournament if they win in conference. There is not one set path to the NCAA tournament. They have to win enough games. They don’t HAVE to win specific games at any point. Like what you are saying. Every year teams lose to far lesser competition than this and are just fine. You are up in arms of me suggesting 3-2 isn’t horrible. That’s a 2 loss non conference schedule. That isn’t enough? Come on man. I can’t believe it’s that crazy to suggest we will be underdogs going into a neutral court with a top 25 team that is a veteran team.

yeah i will be very surprised if IU makes it out of non-conference with only 1 loss. A 2 loss non-conference schedule is a buy everyday of the week. You can still lose 9-10 in conference and feel really great about your tourney chances 

Agreed.

Lol it’s really not. They can easily lose two of those games and make the tournament if they win in conference. There is not one set path to the NCAA tournament. They have to win enough games. They don’t HAVE to win specific games at any point. Like what you are saying. Every year teams lose to far lesser competition than this and are just fine. You are up in arms of me suggesting 3-2 isn’t horrible. That’s a 2 loss non conference schedule. That isn’t enough? Come on man. I can’t believe it’s that crazy to suggest we will be underdogs going into a neutral court with a top 25 team that is a veteran team. 

Couldn’t of said it better myself. So many ways to earn a ncaa bid throughout the season
Last year Baylor lost 4 non-conference games (2 Quad 4 losses) and still made it comfortably in.

36 minutes ago, BtownBanner6 said:

I agree the season isn’t over with 11-2 but my hope is 1 loss. Feel like we’d be favored in every game but Notre Dame. 

You think that a team that is projected to finish 8th-11th in their conference will be favored in a quasi-road game against UConn? 

11-2 would be unequivocally excellent.

I agree the season isn’t over with 11-2 but my hope is 1 loss. Feel like we’d be favored in every game but Notre Dame. 

Agreed. That’s what said and where the frustration is. They expect us to be undefeated and we won’t make the tournament unless we are.