Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stromboli

Season Predictions 2019-2020

9 minutes ago, Josh said:

Just because you don't remember it, that doesn't mean it didn't happen

It works the other way as well. Just because you remember something, doesn't mean it did happen.

Like I said, go look at the data if you want to make an actual point. I suspect mdn82 is on to something with the losing streak. Would be interesting to see the data.

Alright.  You're all being very un-dude.

Let's keep it to 19-20 Predictions.  Recapping last year's losses is not that.  

The requested format:

1.  Overall record, B1G record, post-season results, if any (Edit: I went with 30 total games just based on what has been announced, Stuhoo points out we had 35 last year.  Do what your heart says is right)

2.  Starting 5 for first game of BigTen season

3.  Average PPG for top 5 scorers

4.  A hot take

5.  Another hot take

(Or whatever, just make a prediction)

giphy.gif

Just because you don't remember it, that doesn't mean it didn't happen

Ditto. Let me know if I was wrong on us not falling behind 10 points on almost every game to start the game. Because if we did I missed the whole season. And I was at 8 home games this last year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, Stromboli said:
Alright.  You're all being very un-dude.

Let's keep it to 19-20 Predictions.  Recapping last year's losses is not that.  

The requested format:

1.  Overall record, B1G record, post-season results, if any (Edit: I went with 30 total games just based on what has been announced, Stuhoo points out we had 35 last year.  Do what your heart says is right)

2.  Starting 5 for first game of BigTen season

3.  Average PPG for top 5 scorers

4.  A hot take

5.  Another hot take

(Or whatever, just make a prediction)

giphy.gif&key=03b15b66e8c987d8bb1a962d6de395f86d48e03f7c483f62da1efd567878568a

No

Mod Edit:  Sounds good, Stromboli.  You're exactly right.  

https://www.insidethehall.com/2019/08/14/big-ten-power-rankings-offseason-edition-v-2/

I don't have much argument with this list. After looking it over, there is so much uncertainty with each team that it is difficult to project the league as a whole other than Michigan State and probably Ohio State. Maryland is talented, but then again Mark Turgeon is the coach. After that there are a bunch of teams with potential but a lot of unproven pieces. It will be an interesting big ten season for sure, I just hope IU outplays their projections/expectations for once. 

IU is 8th on this list btw. 

I think overall it’s a pretty accurate listing of the league. However, I do think 2-8 could be wide open. A lot of teams lost key players, but are typically good at staying consistent. To me, Illinois and Indiana are potential wildcards this year. Both teams have the talent to make some big noise this year in the Big10. How will Wisconsin and Purdue look without their two stars, Michigan lost a lot and new coach. A lot of question marks in this league for the upcoming season. I think MSU, OSU, and Maryland will be the top 3 teams, but it’s going to be an interesting team be to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

48 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I don’t get the OSU hype but we’ll see I guess

I just think this is the best team Holtmann has had to date at OSU and he has proven he can get it done. He won't have to rely on any of the talented freshman to take on heavy minutes and produce right away because of the talent and experience he has coming back. I will be surprised if they stay healthy and don't compete for a top three spot. 

But that is why they play the games. So like you said, we will see. 

I agree that Michigan State, Ohio State and Maryland are the top three teams talent-wise and for MSU and OSU, coaching-wise. Michigan State may run away with the Big Ten title and after that, who knows what will happen?

I don’t get the OSU hype but we’ll see I guess

I disagree with you here. Potentially, OSU could be really good this year. Their front court is solid. Their back court is where the question marks come in for me. DJ is as good as advertised? I forgot all about CJ Walker from FSU until I looked at their roster this morning.

Season record:

22-9 regular season.
1-1 BTT Record
1-1 NCAA Tourney

Overall: 24-11

I see us getting some road games this year with some of the teams being really down, and having confidence in this team as the season goes along. However, we could easily go into selection Sunday 19-14 if we don’t handle road games against the bottom teams. I do see us getting swept by MSU, they will want to rock us badly.

Can’t wait for the season I start!

This is where I am. Go into tournament as a 8/9.

Every season you can look at the schedule and say, we should be right around here as the season ends....... but this season...... it’s extremely hard to predict. I had 22-9, but it could easily be 18-13. Fingers crossed for a 12 out of 13 win streak in Big10 play this year :) lol

Every season you can look at the schedule and say, we should be right around here as the season ends....... but this season...... it’s extremely hard to predict. I had 22-9, but it could easily be 18-13. Fingers crossed for a 12 out of 13 win streak in Big10 play this year :) lol

Completely agree. With this team there are so many unknowns. For once it would be great if they went positive as opposed to negative. Will be curious to see where we go.

I’m excited that we have depth in the forward/center position. Finally, we have 3-4 guys who are not undersized and/or hapless. Davis, Brunk and TJD is a very good core. Justin and Race are solid backups as well.

Expectations all around seem to be tempered and rightly so. But I think this team can be more than solid and a tourney team if the culture in the locker room is good. We have a tough/good coach imo and a solid team.

Looking forward to a step forward this year.

On 9/2/2019 at 10:18 PM, Brass Cannon said:

Going to go with an official prediction of 19-12 regular season. 

Go into the tourney 20-13  

finish 21-14

I would take that in a heart beat. I hope for more, but expect less so if this season includes a NCAA tourney win I'll call it a solid step forward.