Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

rebelcc

Social Media

Is it just me or has the Indiana MBB social media presence gone down hill compared to last summer?  Seems like there was so much more content last summer but maybe most of that happened in Aug and Sept and my memory just believes it to have been all last summer.

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

I think from a marketing standpoint when you try and sugarcoat **** it’s a bad look for a fan base that pays attention.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That and they hyped up last season so much and then fell flat on their face. That also isn’t a good look. 

10 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Social media works both ways. If you get a bunch of negative comments from fans it may be better not to post at all.

I get that I guess but those fans are pathetic.  The way of our world these days.    

2 hours ago, rebelcc said:

Is it just me or has the Indiana MBB social media presence gone down hill compared to last summer?  Seems like there was so much more content last summer but maybe most of that happened in Aug and Sept and my memory just believes it to have been all last summer.

I thought the same thing the other day. Last summer it seemed like we had a lot of hype videos of the team training, practicing, etc. This summer I haven't seen much of anything. Honestly it made me forget that the players were even on campus. I wonder if they got a new social media guy.

29 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Social media works both ways. If you get a bunch of negative comments from fans it may be better not to post at all.

A lot of their posts from the season and the early offseason were filled with comments like "win more games" so they maybe decided to slow down a bit.

Last year was the perfect formula for hyped social media. Prospective B1G POY in Morgan along with a top 10 5* freshman in Romeo. It was really easy to get the fever up. This year there isn’t nearly as much to hype coupled with fan reluctance. I think they are smart to keep a lower profile this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Well I know each one was flexing, but at least they all at least look like they have been working out consistently. A couple of players in that pic didn’t look that way last year. Hopefully we can get a healthy squad for the first time in a while this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 7/23/2019 at 6:43 PM, mdn82 said:

Well I know each one was flexing, but at least they all at least look like they have been working out consistently. A couple of players in that pic didn’t look that way last year. Hopefully we can get a healthy squad for the first time in a while this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

There’s one guy in that photo that matters a bit:

DeRon Davis looks in shape and skinny.