Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

rebelcc

Social Media

I know that has never been a strength of his team, but that just has to improve here. We aren’t a team that can give away free points.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think players can improve without a doubt but good shooters are good shooters. A lot of it has to do with recruiting.

Same here. Especially considering Archie’s stated philosophy of trying to draw fouls. 
Say you take 24 FTs a game. Being good at those is ridiculously important. 

Crazy important... if we would have been in the top 100 in FT% last season we most likely would have won a few more games on made FTs alone. Crazy to think that that was the difference between dancing and playing in the NIT.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I think players can improve without a doubt but good shooters are good shooters. A lot of it has to do with recruiting.

For sure. Mechanics and shot repeatability is everything for me. If you have one of those two things you can become better with repetition. I truly feel we can add 6-8% as a team with just practicing the shots. I think as the year wore on it became more mental than anything.

Green seems at HIS best when he has a lot of freedom on what shots to take. I am not sure though if giving him a regular green light is best for US.

If we find a way to harness this without turnovers or breaking the offense down then we could be really good with him

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Be very wary of news from "verified" Twitter accounts now (even more wary than before, that is). Now anyone can buy a verification blue check mark under any name they want and spread false news. 

I thought that the account still had to be verified, but to have the verification published, there were fees charged now. Is that not true? 

2 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Be very wary of news from "verified" Twitter accounts now (even more wary than before, that is). Now anyone can buy a verification blue check mark under any name they want and spread false news. 

I could easily see some Internet trolls trying to have a little fun with our fanbase. Back in the spring, there were some posters on other boards who tried to push a narrative that Fife and Matta were going to team up at Butler as a way to stick it to Woodson, and how it was a sign that Woodson was losing control of the program. They actually managed to dupe the sports editor of the Butler Collegian into tweeting about it. 

Given how this fanbase is constantly on pins and needles waiting for the wheels to come off, I could definitely see it happening, and it wouldn't take much. 

4 hours ago, go iu bb said:

That is not true at all. 

There is still a verification process for people who want to be verified. 

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

That is not true at all. 

Sure, there's also just purchasing the blue verified mark now which is what I'm talking about.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/09/new-twitter-verification-process-creates-chaos-with-report-from-fake-adam-schefter-account/

https://mashable.com/article/fake-news-blue-check-tweets-verification

4 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

That is not true at all. 

Color me SHOCKED that we now have 2, opposing data points and the first one is now adding additional clarification to his concrete "proof".  Social media killed the human race.

Here's more articles about it for those of you who didn't believe. This one not sports related.

https://gizmodo.com/twitter-eli-lilly-elon-musk-insulin-1849779323

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/11/11/twitter-blue-checkmark/

Twitter has supposedly dropped the pay for verification.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/11/twitter-quietly-drops-8-paid-verification-tricking-people-not-ok-musk-says/

What a s**t show.