Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SF Jordan Geronimo to Maryland

8 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Congrats to St. Paul’s School and Mass Rivals wing Jordan Geronimo who was selected New Hampshire Gatorade Player of the Year.

Rivals Nation

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

awesome. Really excited for this kid.

Also, listened to the hoosier hysterics podcast where they interviewed him and his family. It is a bit lengthy, but a really cool listen. Archie is bringing in really good, well-rounded kids which makes me want him to succeed even more. 

On 3/16/2020 at 6:47 PM, Old Friend said:

That would be fun to do, just one time.

There's a reason Oladipo has been in this kid's ear.  Vic is a Hoosier and we'll all be very thankful for a long time, and I don't mean just through this kid's tenure at IU.

Vic needs to get Aminu's ear. Both DMZ boys. 

Imo this is the type of player that will succeed in Archie’s system. Multi year player that has length and athleticism. He will create turnovers or he will get out on breaks. Probably not going to be a player that thrives in the half court at least for a couple of years. Excited about this one.

8 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Imo this is the type of player that will succeed in Archie’s system. Multi year player that has length and athleticism. He will create turnovers or he will get out on breaks. Probably not going to be a player that thrives in the half court at least for a couple of years. Excited about this one.

I would agree with this.  He looks like he can create more playing downhill.  In the half court, I can see him being that "junk" guy like TW.  Sweep in from the weak side.  We have lacked that weak side guy now for a couple years.

Interesting take. I would have said this kid would thrive in a fast pace offense and a defense that is encouraged to gamble and cause counters like Crean’s teams.

Archie is quite the opposite and hope he can do things in spite of the system

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Interesting take. I would have said this kid would thrive in a fast pace offense and a defense that is encouraged to gamble and cause counters like Crean’s teams.

I think the biggest problems we have is our inability to create turnover and shooting. Archie wants to get out and we have when we create turnovers. The length and athleticism this kid has if he plays with any level of effort will be huge imo.

6 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I agree partly on the system,  however his recruiting shows more of his vision than his resume at IU thus far. 

Rob, Hunter, Race, Lander, Geronimo,TJD etc. 

I believe those long scoring draughts are going to be in the rear view mirror. (hopefully) Nothing against Al and Justin,  but I don't believe Archie would have recruited them in a full recruiting cycle. 2way players and "want to" players is what he's looking for.

I agree partly on the system,  however his recruiting shows more of his vision than his resume at IU thus far. 
Rob, Hunter, Race, Lander, Geronimo,TJD etc. 
I believe those long scoring draughts are going to be in the rear view mirror. (hopefully) Nothing against Al and Justin,  but I don't believe Archie would have recruited them in a full recruiting cycle. 2way players and "want to" players is what he's looking for.

Interesting that you don’t think he would have recruited them yet he plays them more than anyone else

2 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Interesting that you don’t think he would have recruited them yet he plays them more than anyone else

Experience, physical maturity, health, and the simple numbers game DO matter a little.  There's "the story" and then there's "the whole story."

What have been his other options the past few years?

That’s kinda the point. More than half of the roster is of players he has recruited and chose to bring in yet the players that get the most run are the guys he inherited and would not recruit if he had the choice... something is wrong there

He has had the opportunity to bring in better talent whether it be from freshmen, juco, graduate transfer to take on the lions share of the minutes yet it’s the problem players and players “he got stuck with” that gets all the playing time.

There is the truth and that is that he has had a hard time recruiting upgrades and fulfilling needs. Case and point leaving two unfulfilled scholarships when we were in obvious need of shooters

I just hate people throwing Creans recruits under the bus and using them as scapegoats for Archie when he utilized them a ton

1 hour ago, MikeRoberts said:

That’s kinda the point. More than half of the roster is of players he has recruited and chose to bring in yet the players that get the most run are the guys he inherited and would not recruit if he had the choice... something is wrong there

He has had the opportunity to bring in better talent whether it be from freshmen, juco, graduate transfer to take on the lions share of the minutes yet it’s the problem players and players “he got stuck with” that gets all the playing time.

There is the truth and that is that he has had a hard time recruiting upgrades and fulfilling needs. Case and point leaving two unfulfilled scholarships when we were in obvious need of shooters

I just hate people throwing Creans recruits under the bus and using them as scapegoats for Archie when he utilized them a ton

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile

Never knocked Creans players. Most importantly, they were IU players! 3 of the 4 players he " inherited or wouldn't have recruited " were the healthiest players the past two years.

1-no tournament 

2- nit

3-ncaa

Not sure Archie is the answer, but if you don't see improvement, that's your view.

Any business would take that kind of growth in year 3.

This is funny. Archie has literally signed four players outside of Indiana in his first three classes 18,19, 20. All within the top 150, 3 in the top 100. 3 of the 4 in Big ten country. All other recruits have been from Indiana.

But yes in a normal class I’m sure he would have recruited the shooting guard from Georgia ranked below 230. Give me a break.