Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SF Jordan Geronimo to Maryland

Yesterday St. Paul's was beaten by Deerfield Academy.  No final score in the game summary but St. Paul's was down 19 at the half and my guess would be it didn't get any closer.  Geronimo 14 pts. including 4-7 on 3s; 8 rebounds; 4 blocks

Another opportunity to watch Geronimo at 2:00 this afternoon vs. Milton Academy.

https://www.sps.edu/athletics/livestream-schedule

St. Paul's with a 59-49 win over Milton.  This was St. Paul's last home game of the season and the coach apparently started non-regular playing seniors as Jordan and the other normal starters didn't start entering the game until midway through the first half.  Geronimo never took off his warm-up shirt in the second half.  To say Milton was not a good team would be an understatement.  St. Paul's last regular season game is on the road at St. Sebastian's next Thursday.

New England Recruiting Report discussing late bloomers.

Jordan Geronimo, St. Paul’s – Geronimo is the obvious answer in the region and one of the better national candidates as well. He has all the physical tools, the innate character to keep developing, and still vast untapped potential. And while he’s already committed to Indiana, the reality is his level of recruitment was based more on his tools and potential coming out of the summer then it was his production or ability to already dominate a high-level game. In short, he may be barely scratching the surface. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

New England Recruiting Report discussing late bloomers.

Jordan Geronimo, St. Paul’s – Geronimo is the obvious answer in the region and one of the better national candidates as well. He has all the physical tools, the innate character to keep developing, and still vast untapped potential. And while he’s already committed to Indiana, the reality is his level of recruitment was based more on his tools and potential coming out of the summer then it was his production or ability to already dominate a high-level game. In short, he may be barely scratching the surface. 

You’ve seen more of his streams than I have, but that assessment strikes me as dead accurate.

38 minutes ago, Demo said:

You’ve seen more of his streams than I have, but that assessment strikes me as dead accurate.

The word 'raw' may be applicable to Jordan.  He's very athletic but not yet a baller if that makes sense.  He'll be a good one to watch what Archie can do with him.  And when I describe him as such, I don't mean to imply he's a project as was some of the kids who never saw the light of day under our former coaching staff.  

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Archie talking about Geronimo.   “He’s about 6-foot-6 right now and he’ll have the longest wingspan on our team,” Miller said.  “He’ll be over 7-foot-2 maybe on his wingspan.”

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-archie-miller-talks-2020-signee-jordan-geronimos-senior-season/?fbclid=IwAR03pP9F2aZENW0ec4PBphGa3AI6Cl2r9Rv8Y3103tNf6qdhjE9a8UJi0vM

So when he is stretches his arms out that is longer than Cody Zeller?  That's crazy for someone 6-6.

Wait...this kid is beast. I haven’t paid attention to him at all but I’m impressed. I know the competition isn’t great but he could be a force for IU. Reminds me of OG the way he moves but his game is more advanced than OG’s was in HS.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The sheer effortlessness of his explosion....not sure I’ve ever seen anything quite like it. The block at the 3:43 mark, Jesus,  he doesn’t even gather.  Incredible. Even if the kid’s game never fully develops, he’s gonna make some plays that people never stop talking about. 

I commented some time back that at times it looks like he's loafing he's moving so effortlessly.  I hope people don't get their expectations too high expecting a freshman of the year type season.  He's far from a polished basketball player but if Archie and staff do their job, I think we've got a really good one.  

I commented some time back that at times it looks like he's loafing he's moving so effortlessly.  I hope people don't get their expectations too high expecting a freshman of the year type season.  He's far from a polished basketball player but if Archie and staff do their job, I think we've got a really good one.  

I think my hope is a Franklin type of season but a better finisher at the rim. Solid defender in spurts. If he gives us 10 solid mpg next year I would be ecstatic.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Sota Hoosier said:

Wait...this kid is beast. I haven’t paid attention to him at all but I’m impressed. I know the competition isn’t great but he could be a force for IU. Reminds me of OG the way he moves but his game is more advanced than OG’s was in HS.

He’s played very good competition. Has had monster games against some of the best high school teams in the nation. 

He will be our next OG. Highest upside of the entire class. He’s getting better very quickly.