Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SF Jordan Geronimo to Maryland

Because he’s a freshman that still makes lots of mistakes. 
But freshmen who have played a lot are ready to roll in March.

Maybe a game in March where referees are a tiny bit better might help. But it being a neutral site won’t help the shooting for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I agree. But I think he is starting to get healthier. His shots aren't falling yet, but he seems to be much more energetic, for lack of a better word, than the beginning of the season.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Absolutely agree and you can see his confidence growing.  Guy was POY in  Ohio.   That's a big state with lots of athletes and no small feat.

Back on topic:  I think Geronimo has the highest ceiling of the 2020 recruits we've landed so far.  Hopefully, with decent depth in front of him he'll get the opportunity to get his feet wet a little as a freshman to see what he really needs to work on between his freshman and sophomore year.  The following season, I could see the wing position being one of great strength with a RS junior Hunter (having rounded back into form) starting and having to find minutes for Geronimo because he's playing that well.

There is nobody currently on the team or a part of the 2020 class who is a good enough shooter to push Brunk to the bench next year. Leal may be good enough to play the role Franklin is playing this year. And, Franklin may be good enough next year to push Durham to a reserve role. But unless IU is able to land an unsigned top shooter in the spring, the starting lineup will include Brunk at center and Smith at the 3 with Hunter possibly getting more time if he has found his shot by then. Experience will have to make up for the lack of shooting skill. 

8 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Back on topic:  I think Geronimo has the highest ceiling of the 2020 recruits we've landed so far.  Hopefully, with decent depth in front of him he'll get the opportunity to get his feet wet a little as a freshman to see what he really needs to work on between his freshman and sophomore year.  The following season, I could see the wing position being one of great strength with a RS junior Hunter (having rounded back into form) starting and having to find minutes for Geronimo because he's playing that well.

What about Galloway?

Absolutely agree and you can see his confidence growing.  Guy was POY in  Ohio.   That's a big state with lots of athletes and no small feat.

Dane Goodwin won Mr basketball of Ohio in 2018. Hunter was a finalist which is nothing to take lightly. Hunter ended up being the highest ranked kid out of the state of Ohio that year since Bazley never made it to college. Agree with everyone else you can see him gaining confidence each game. Huge recruiting win for Archie back in 2018

On 1/19/2020 at 10:20 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

St. Paul’s beaten by Brewster Academy Geronimo 21 pts. Including 3-3s.    8 reb.   2 blocks.  2 assists.

NOTE:  Event used college 3-point line

Final score was 111-54 but put it in perspective.  Brewster is the reigning 2019 national prep champion.  It’s roster includes Terrence Clarke, Matt Cross, Jamal Mashburn Jr., and 5 other kids who have made D1 commitments.  Geronimo is not surrounded by that kind of talent so the stats he had for this game are pretty darn good.

Brewster has captured six National Prep Championships since 2010. Also, the program has won six NEPSAC Class AAA Championships since 2008. Over the past thirteen seasons, the program has averaged over 30 victories per year (398-64) and had a winning percentage over .861. Brewster has captured eight regular-season NEPSAC Class AAA Championships since 2008. The program has advanced to the National Final Four ten times since 2008.

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Final score was 111-54 but put it in perspective.  Brewster is the reigning 2019 national prep champion.  It’s roster includes Terrence Clarke, Matt Cross, Jamal Mashburn Jr., and 5 other kids who have made D1 commitments.  Geronimo is not surrounded by that kind of talent so the stats he had for this game are pretty darn good.

Brewster has captured six National Prep Championships since 2010. Also, the program has won six NEPSAC Class AAA Championships since 2008. Over the past thirteen seasons, the program has averaged over 30 victories per year (398-64) and had a winning percentage over .861. Brewster has captured eight regular-season NEPSAC Class AAA Championships since 2008. The program has advanced to the National Final Four ten times since 2008.

Is that pretty good? 

That seems pretty good. 

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Other than Geronimo there wasn’t 1 kid on St Paul’s who would play a single meaningful second for Brewster. The rest of his team looked like a pretty good gym class.

On 1/19/2020 at 10:06 PM, Stuhoo said:

Because he’s a freshman that still makes lots of mistakes. 
But freshmen who have played a lot are ready to roll in March.

I'd still say that Franklin's minutes are trending down if anything.  The Nebraska game was the only game in 2020 where he topped 15 minutes.  His biggest minutes were coming in the first part of the year when Green and RP had some injury issues.

Armaan's game seems pretty solid except offensively he simply doesn't shoot well.  The fact that he is 4 of 32 on three pointers in Assembly Hall is troublesome to me.

I'd still say that Franklin's minutes are trending down if anything.  The Nebraska game was the only game in 2020 where he topped 15 minutes.  His biggest minutes were coming in the first part of the year when Green and RP had some injury issues.
Armaan's game seems pretty solid except offensively he simply doesn't shoot well.  The fact that he is 4 of 32 on three pointers in Assembly Hall is troublesome to me.

Looks like he got 15 tonight. Franklins PT is probably needed more the next few years. How much work he is willing to put in will determine if his minutes go up or down. I like his demeanor though.

On 1/22/2020 at 8:10 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

St.  Paul’s gets a 53-44 win.  Geronimo 18 pts.   8 reb

Couple of more bits of info on this game.

St. Paul’s School defeated Holderness School for the first time in more than 20 years!    Geronimo was 5-5 on his FTs.

St. Paul's does not have a good team but Proctor Academy has an even worse team and St. Paul's won 70-45.  I thought for awhile I had tuned into some kind of baking competition where the teams were trying to see who could create the most turnovers in 32 minutes.  I don't think I've ever watched a game with so many passes thrown into the hands of the opposing team.  I had Geronimo with 17 pts. on 7-12 FG; 1-3 on 3s; no FT; 8 reb; 4 asst; 4 TO; 5 stls; 1 blk.

Geronimo's stats as tweeted by St. Paul's:  19pts, 11rbs, 4asts, 3stls        Somebody at St. Paul's is generous.  I'll concede the extra 2 points but not the 3 rebounds or the differential in steals.  

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Update stats info

FWIW.  I'm going out on a limb when I say I'm thinking St. Paul's has historically had a pretty mediocre basketball program.  A week ago after defeating Holderness the school announced it was its first win over Holderness in more than 20 years.  After Wednesday's win over Proctor:  "For the first time in the school’s history, St. Paul’s boys’ varsity basketball team won against a Class AA opponent."

Total enrollment at St. Paul's is about 530 students grades 9-12.