Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SF Jordan Geronimo to Maryland

6 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I still think we are best served with Smith moving to the 4. 

Phinisee

Guard that can hit a shot and play D 

Wing the can hit a shot and play D

Smith 

TJD

At this point I don’t really care who fills in those two spots  

Sorry, just don't see leaving a big that averages close to 10/10 per game, provides leadership and plays his heart out every game off of the floor. Brunk stays out there.

Sorry, just don't see leaving a big that averages close to 10/10 per game, provides leadership and plays his heart out every game off of the floor. Brunk stays out there.

I'd like to see Brunk's starts be matchup dependent. We need him when other teams have good bigs, but against smaller lineups I like Justin at the 4. The depth on the front line should allow us to play whichever 2 of the 3 bigs are playing well. That's of course assuming Hunter makes the jump and becomes a good option at the 3 next year. Would allow us to add shooting without sacrificing much size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

I love Brunk as much as anybody. But being misleading about his stats doesn’t make it better to not utilize him off the bench. 

This team needs shooting with Him, TJD and Smith we have 3 starters that can’t shoot. That needs to change. 

Joey Brunk shot 7 for 8 from the field against Nebraska including a couple of nice jump shots. He is shooting 54% from the field. There are times when he is the only IU player who seems to be giving it his all. Meanwhile,  Jerome Hunter is shooting 34% from the field, 19% from 3-point range. Based on performance, I suspect Archie will continue to start Brunk this year.

14 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Joey Brunk shot 7 for 8 from the field against Nebraska including a couple of nice jump shots. He is shooting 54% from the field. There are times when he is the only IU player who seems to be giving it his all. Meanwhile,  Jerome Hunter is shooting 34% from the field, 19% from 3-point range. Based on performance, I suspect Archie will continue to start Brunk this year.

Not talking about this year so not sure your point

31 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Brunk will be here next year and will probably better. Archie clearly likes Brunk as a starter. I predict there is no chance Brunk comes off the bench in 2020-21.

Clearly like or has no choice. There’s nobody to play the 3 other than Smith. Which left nobody to play the 4 but TJD which left the choice Davis or Brunk

26 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Clearly like or has no choice. There’s nobody to play the 3 other than Smith. Which left nobody to play the 4 but TJD which left the choice Davis or Brunk

I think Hunter, Geronimo, and Franklin can all play the 3 if needed.   

2 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Hunter clearly isn't completely healthy yet, but in the Big Ten, Brunk SHOULD start.  6.6 RPG is solid, as is his post defense.

Hunter clearly isn't completely healthy yet, but in the Big Ten, Brunk SHOULD start.  6.6 RPG is solid, as is his post defense.
I agree. But I think he is starting to get healthier. His shots aren't falling yet, but he seems to be much more energetic, for lack of a better word, than the beginning of the season.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Brunk will be here next year and will probably better. Archie clearly likes Brunk as a starter. I predict there is no chance Brunk comes off the bench in 2020-21.

If Brunk, Smith, and TJD are all starting next year then Indiana will be mediocre again. We need a perimeter threat at the 3 to pressure defenses. I'm very happy with Brunk, but Smith and TJD are better and more versatile. I hope Brunk has a great year next year, but I hope IU is too good to have him start.

If Brunk, Smith, and TJD are all starting next year then Indiana will be mediocre again. We need a perimeter threat at the 3 to pressure defenses. I'm very happy with Brunk, but Smith and TJD are better and more versatile. I hope Brunk has a great year next year, but I hope IU is too good to have him start.

The most likely to be sitting of the 3 is Brunk. Smith has been our 2nd best player at worst all season. He’s not going to the bench. Most likely to be sent there is Durham. Franklin hopefully improving or Leal.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don’t give a rat’s @$$ who starts.

Far more interested in who’s gonna play 25+ minutes, and who’s gonna finish games.

The chances of any of our three incoming freshmen doing either of those things are very slim. The chances of Brunk, Smith, and Franklin all doing those things regularly next year is high.

I don’t give a rat’s @$$ who starts.
Far more interested in who’s gonna play 25+ minutes, and who’s gonna finish games.

Next season I would guess Phinisee, Smith, TJD and.... maybe Brunk and Franklin? That could very well be our starters as well too.

And hopefully, Hunter too.

It would be nice to see. Wouldn’t care to start him at the 2. But I’d really like to see Phinisee, Leal, Hunter, Smith and TJD.

As of now though Smith is playing the most at 30.6 minutes followed by TJD at 28.3 and Durham at 26.4. Next closest is Green at 23.3. If you ask me, the wrong two guards have the most minutes. Greens needs to be cut in half and Durham needs to be around 20 unless he’s playing well.

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It would be nice to see. Wouldn’t care to start him at the 2. But I’d really like to see Phinisee, Leal, Hunter, Smith and TJD.

As of now though Smith is playing the most at 30.6 minutes followed by TJD at 28.3 and Durham at 26.4. Next closest is Green at 23.3. If you ask me, the wrong two guards have the most minutes. Greens needs to be cut in half and Durham needs to be around 20 unless he’s playing well.

The minutes distribution for the four guards is definitely gradually trending toward Phin and Franklin.

The minutes distribution for the four guards is definitely gradually trending toward Phin and Franklin.

Phinisee yes. Franklin has been up and down. He played 23 minutes at NW but only 5 against Rutgers and 4 against Ohio State. He and Hunter have super tight leashes compared to Green and Durham for whatever reason.

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Phinisee yes. Franklin has been up and down. He played 23 minutes at NW but only 5 against Rutgers and 4 against Ohio State. He and Hunter have super tight leashes compared to Green and Durham for whatever reason.

Because he’s a freshman that still makes lots of mistakes. 
But freshmen who have played a lot are ready to roll in March.