Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SF Jordan Geronimo to Maryland

3 hours ago, Demo said:

Watched most of the stream. There was no announcer and the scoreboard was in the corner and pretty much unreadable, but it was a beating. Brewster has a team of D-1 kids and St Paul’s has 1. But Geronimo was the best athlete on the floor, better even than Clarke, just not as skilled or polished. Blocked Clarke twice at the rim, 1 was called a foul but looked clean, and Cross once. One of the quickest leapers I have ever seen. Just remarkable. Also made 3 open 3’’s. Release looks really clean, but is a hair slow at this point. Forced a lot of stuff off the bounce, no surprise given his team, and turned it over maybe half a dozen times. Not worried about that at all. Very impressive tool kit. 1 other thing: the camera wasn’t near the court, but Geronimo looked taller than Clarke, who I’ve always seen listed at 6’7”. Wonder if the kid is still growing.

Post of the day. 
Awesome stuff

On 12/30/2019 at 10:25 AM, MikeRoberts said:

We need him to be a point guard, knock down shooter or center:)

He might be great for us, I just don’t understand how this recruiting class solves our needs

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It is a little puzzling because all three look to be either a shooting guard or a wing.

St. Paul’s beaten by Brewster Academy Geronimo 21 pts. Including 3-3s.    8 reb.   2 blocks.  2 assists.

St. Paul’ beaten by Vermont Academy. 71-69.  Both weekend games a part of Hoophall Classic.  Geronimo 21 pts including 4-3s.  Also 9 reb.

NOTE:  Event used college 3-point line

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

I don’t see him getting run in front of Smith and Hunter. If he can somehow play to two he might get some minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If he can hit 3s and not screw up on defense he should start. 

58 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I don’t see him getting run in front of Smith and Hunter. If he can somehow play to two he might get some minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There's been some talk here that Justin might try to finish his undergrad in three years, then play his final season elsewhere as a grad transfer. Not sure if that'll happen, but it's been mentioned  ... 

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

There's been some talk here that Justin might try to finish his undergrad in three years, then play his final season elsewhere as a grad transfer. Not sure if that'll happen, but it's been mentioned here ... 

Not trying to be an @$$ but I would be happy with that. We need someone who can stretch the floor at his position. Jerome Hunter is our future at the spot. He seems to be coming along. 

I still think we are best served with Smith moving to the 4. 

Phinisee
Guard that can hit a shot and play D 
Wing the can hit a shot and play D
Smith 
TJD

At this point I don’t really care who fills in those two spots  

Completely agree. I haven’t looked at numbers so this could be completely wrong, but I think our best lineups are when only have 2 of TJD, Brunk, and Smith in at one time.

I thinkHunter is slowing coming along, think it would help him a lot to get more minutes to get in rhythm. Would eventually love to see a lineup of:
1 - Rob
2 -Armaan
3 - Hunter
4 - Smith
5 - TJD

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app