Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SF Jordan Geronimo to Maryland

Yesterday, St. Paul's participated in the Roundball Classic and event similar to the Forum Tipoff Classic.   Not very happy to report that there is zero mention of Geronimo in the following game summary that is published on the St. Paul's website.

St. Paul’s School played Avon Old Farms tonight in an exciting double-overtime game in the Roundball Classic held at Babson College. From the opening tipoff, the lead changed hands multiple times in a tight game, and SPS went into half down three points 31-34.  Through grit and lots of hustle, Big Red kept it close throughout the second half, with scoring led by Jack Anderson, James Morakis, and Conor Dunleavy who knocked down two clutch 3-pointers. But, a talented Avon team managed to build a 4 point lead going into the final 1:30 on the clock.  Refusing to be counted out, Big Red attacked both ends of the court with poise and tied the game with less than 15 seconds remaining.  SPS then locked down on defense and successfully fended off Avon’s last second shot to close out regulation tied at 61 all.  

SPS continued to play with grit and composure throughout the first overtime, knotting it again at 69-69 to force another overtime.  During the second overtime, Avon had a near perfect shot percentage while the buckets would just not fall for Big Red, ending the game 75-82. SPS didn’t come away with a victory, but it was a well-fought game from the opening tip to the closing buzzer of double overtime.

St. Paul’s School pulled down a whopping 41 rebounds led by Tola Olorode with 7, followed by James Morakis, Graham Robinson, and Clif Goode with 6 each, Jack Anderson and Eli White with 5 each, Conor Dunleavy with 4, and Cody Appleton with 2 rebounds.

It was Big Red’s  highest scoring game of the year, led by Jack Anderson with 25 points, including three 3-pointers, followed by James Morakis with 16, Cody Appleton with 10, Conor Dunleavy with 10 including two three pointers and 2/2 from the free throw line, Eli White scored 5 including a 3-pointer, Clif Goode had 4, Graham Robinson nailed a three pointer, and Tola Olorode added 2.

The following summary is from New England Recruiting Report.   At least we know that not seeing any stats for Geronimo in my previous post is because he didn't play but we don't know why he didn't play, i.e., injury, illness, suspension??????

Avon Old Farms 82 St. Paul's 75

This dramatic double OT thriller was simply a battle of wills as AOF came into the game without junior big man Tyler Warner and SPS was missing Indiana bound forward Jordan Geronimo. With both squads short-handed, Matt Mensia emerged as the dominant force on the floor, scoring a game-high 27 points while showing his size and strength on the perimeter along with a versatile attack. Post-grad Matt Brand added 17 while Kenneth Soares scored 16. Junior Anthony Clayton also finished in double figures with 10. While St. Paul's was undoubtedly disappointed in the final result, the team proved their depth in this one. Junior captain Jack Anderson had a breakout performance with 25 points, putting the team on his back at various points. Sophomore James Morakis showed his upside with 15 while shot-maker Cody Appleton and Conor Dunleavy were in double-figures as well.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The following summary is from New England Recruiting Report.   At least we know that not seeing any stats for Geronimo in my previous post is because he didn't play but we don't know why he didn't play, i.e., injury, illness, suspension??????

Avon Old Farms 82 St. Paul's 75

This dramatic double OT thriller was simply a battle of wills as AOF came into the game without junior big man Tyler Warner and SPS was missing Indiana bound forward Jordan Geronimo. With both squads short-handed, Matt Mensia emerged as the dominant force on the floor, scoring a game-high 27 points while showing his size and strength on the perimeter along with a versatile attack. Post-grad Matt Brand added 17 while Kenneth Soares scored 16. Junior Anthony Clayton also finished in double figures with 10. While St. Paul's was undoubtedly disappointed in the final result, the team proved their depth in this one. Junior captain Jack Anderson had a breakout performance with 25 points, putting the team on his back at various points. Sophomore James Morakis showed his upside with 15 while shot-maker Cody Appleton and Conor Dunleavy were in double-figures as well.

If he got T'd up or tossed from the previous game, they may have a rule that made him sit for the next game.

St. Paul's is participating in a Winter Classic event.  They won their first game earlier today 76-49 over Brunswick and will play twice tomorrow.  In today's game, St. Paul's had 4 players in double figures; Geronimo with 13.  Hopefully have more info on the game available tomorrow.

Summaries for 2 of this weekend's 3-game event.  Hopefully something about their 3rd game will be posted later today or tomorrow morning.

On Friday night, St. Paul’s School kicked off the NEPSAC Class A Winter Classic by claiming victory against a solid Brunswick team.  Big Red shooters were hot in the first half, running up a 43-27 lead at halftime.  St. Paul’s defense continued to hold in the second half and every SPS player contributed by the ending buzzer, with St. Paul’s winning 76-49.

Defensively, Big Red made several stops and caused clutch turnovers throughout the game.  Graham Robinson, Conor Dunleavy, and Parker McQuarrie held down the fort in the paint while Jordan Geronimo, Clif Goode, and Tola Olorode denied the wings.   Jack Anderson, Eli White, Cody Appleton and Austin Hiscoe locked down at the top of key, forcing Brunswick into tough shooting situations.

Offensively, James Morakis laid up a perfect assist for Jordan Geronimo’s skyrocketing slam dunk that energized the entire team. Jordan finished the night with multiple rebounds and 13 points.  Cody Appleton led the scoring by nailing six 3-pointers for 18, followed by Jack Anderson with 15 points, including two 3-pointers. James Morakis had 13 points, including 3 for 4 from the free throw line. Tola Olorode was tough on the glass, putting down 9 points including one free throw.  Eli White played a strong game and finished with 6 points.   Thomas MacEachron played tough inside and made a great assist for Surya Vasireddy who made a great finish for 2 points.

Saturday morning, St. Paul’s School played its second game in the NEPSAC Class A Winter Classic against a tough Choate team.  Big Red came out strong at the opening tipoff and kept out in front of Choate throughout the first sixteen minutes of play, going into halftime leading 23-19.  Buckets for Big Red were harder to come by in the second half, while Choate got a hot hand and took the lead going down the final stretch.  SPS kept within two points in the final minutes, but the shots wouldn’t fall for St. Paul’s, eventually ending 45-52 in Choate’s favor.

SPS big men, Parker McQuarrie, Graham Robinson, and Conor Dunleavy played an outstanding game inside against a very large lineup from Choate.  Parker McQuarrie owned the paint and nailed two clutch jumpers on his way to six points, followed by Conor Dunleavy who followed through with 2 points.  Graham Robinson dominated inside on the glass, but also had a hot streak outside, knocking down three 3-pointers!  Jordan Geronimo put in 9 points, including 5 for 7 from the free throw line.  Cody Appleton had 8 points, including two 3-pointers.  Jack Anderson had 6 points and James Morakis finished some great takes on his way to 5 points for the game.

More stats for Geronimo and his earlier game against Choate -- see my Dec. 22 post.   9 pts, 8 rbs, 2 asts, 2 stls, 1 blk

St. Paul's played another game later that same day against St. Sebastian and lost 64-63 in OT.   Geronimo with 19 pts, 12 rbs, 4 sts, 3 blks, 2 stls

We need Mr Geronimo to be a DeAndre Hunter type player. Kid looks like he has a good wing span

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We need him to be a point guard, knock down shooter or center:)

He might be great for us, I just don’t understand how this recruiting class solves our needs

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

More stats for Geronimo and his earlier game against Choate -- see my Dec. 22 post.   9 pts, 8 rbs, 2 asts, 2 stls, 1 blk
St. Paul's played another game later that same day against St. Sebastian and lost 64-63 in OT.   Geronimo with 19 pts, 12 rbs, 4 sts, 3 blks, 2 stls

Appreciate the information OF.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

St Paul’s plays Brewster Academy(Terrance Clarke/Matt Cross) Friday at 5:30.

Streaming here: https://web.playsight.com/facility/brewster-academy/home

Been looking forward to watching this one more than any other HS game this year. Now may miss it because of a mtg I really can’t skip. Wonder if anyone will notice if I’m on my iPad and paying zero attention to the presentation?