Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SF Jordan Geronimo to Maryland

20 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I love that:

1) Archie’s sales pitch to Jordan was that he can begin his time at IU as someone who can give strong defensive minutes off the bench, and can eventually earn more and more minutes, and that

2) Our new four star recruit thinks this is a GREAT idea.

Humility, such a welcome trait in these times.Love it.

THIS

I know you still have a year, but what should Indiana fans expect out of you? What are you hoping to bring to the program?

“A whole lot of energy on the defensive and offensive end. First and foremost, I’m a defensive player. I love shutting people down. I love blocking shots, getting steals and doing other stuff to get a stop on the possession. People best believe in a game I will bring the defensive energy. My opponents will know I’m on the floor.”

Love this quote

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

“A whole lot of energy on the defensive and offensive end. First and foremost, I’m a defensive player. I love shutting people down. I love blocking shots, getting steals and doing other stuff to get a stop on the possession. People best believe in a game I will bring the defensive energy. My opponents will know I’m on the floor.

this is the quote 

What most of us are seeing is a question asked by the interviewer with no answer included. That’s what we see in Rays bolder type in his post and then you saying “this”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Ok I thought you could see Ray's quote. I can on the tapatalk app

Ok I thought you could see Ray's quote. I can on the app

This is the answer in Ray's post.

“A whole lot of energy on the defensive and offensive end. First and foremost, I’m a defensive player. I love shutting people down. I love blocking shots, getting steals and doing other stuff to get a stop on the possession. People best believe in a game I will bring the defensive energy. My opponents will know I’m on the floor.”

13 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I saw you played a video game against Romeo. What game did you guys play?

“Super Smash Bros.”

Super Smash Bros was my jam in college (on the N64). I'll have to challenge Romeo.

Corey Evans -
Indiana solidified its wing core with Jordan Geronimo  and I couldn’t be more excited to see what Archie Miller can do with him. Geronimo is just the type that is going to flourish under the watch of Miller and should be a catalyst for getting the Hoosiers back into gear.

I think this is what I’m most excited about with the 2020 class. These kids seem to be basketball junkies with an edge. I could be completely wrong but they seem to be the type where you tell them they can’t do something and they’ll fight to prove you wrong. This could be the class that pushes the upperclassmen (Durham, Smith, Anderson) everyday to get better then they take over for them with some experience. The attitude and effort seem to be a focal point in this class.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

The interviews with Jordan Geronimo showed me that he was been blown away by the visit, and by the newfound attention to him and his game. 

That shock turned into a commitment by someone who has a lot to learn about the program and its challenges.

He is obviously a very talented young man with a great attitude, but he will have considerable challenges that will not be on-court; they will be in dealing with pressure, adversity, a completely new environment in a different part of the country, and in dealing with challenging people. 

Those are some serious challenges for a player who doesn't yet know what he's in for, but the reward for team leadership is in the development of a young man like this.

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

The interviews with Jordan Geronimo showed me that he was been blown away by the visit, and by the newfound attention to him and his game. 

That shock turned into a commitment by someone who has a lot to learn about the program and its challenges.

He is obviously a very talented young man with a great attitude, but he will have considerable challenges that will not be on-court; they will be in dealing with pressure, adversity, a completely new environment in a different part of the country, and in dealing with challenging people. 

Those are some serious challenges for a player who doesn't yet know what he's in for, but the reward for team leadership is in the development of a young man like this.

I've got a lot of money that says he has a mentor about 65 miles northeast who'll spend a lot of time with him.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Nick Baumgart comparing Geronimo to Matt Cross -

Jordan Geronimo avg'd around 10 ppg on Gauntlet.  Matt Cross put up 23 in EYBL.  So Cross had the better summer, right? Except Geronimo's PPP numbers were better ACROSS the board.  Misleading bc Cross took way more possessions - 369 to JG's 168.  Geronimo > Cross.

Cross gets rave reviews for his offense, yet:

•Overall PPP: Geronimo 0.94 to 0.82 

•1/2 Ct PPP: Geronimo 0.89 to 0.78

•Transition PPP: Geronimo 1.11 to 0.96

Cross great shooter?   •Catch-and-shoot PPP:  Geronimo 0.91 to 0.89

IU won w/ Geronimo. Check this in 4yrs.      [Hope Nick's right!]

Geronimo shot better from what I saw, with exception of FT.  Cross's shooting %, frankly, sucked if what I saw was accurate.