Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SF Jordan Geronimo to Maryland

I have been vocal as saying I think one of Archie’s biggest misses has been the juco or grad transfer game. Zero jucos and 1 grad transfer so far in 4 recruiting classes.

I’m not suggesting it to be the be all end all but there is a lot to be gained from having experienced players on the roster and a proven pg is huge. I would actually prefer him bringing in a juco or grad transfer vs a freshmen and then going all in on a landers or someone to replace Phinisee

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

When has Archie had 4 recruiting cycles for grad transfers or JUCOs at IU..?

Crazy we went from having no one committed to a top 5 class in a few months. I know that will change as more top 50 players commit.

For sure. With another pickup or two I think we locked ourselves into a top 20 class. Not bad considering this was always going to be a weaker class and 2019 was thought to be the star-studded class. We just have to do this consistently and we might be alright.

Good read from Inside the Hall and there is a past IU connection --

Despite being more than 900 miles away from Assembly Hall, there’s a common thread between Geronimo and the Indiana program. His coach with Mass Rivals is Vin Pastore, who also coached former Hoosier and NBA first-round draft pick Noah Vonleh during Vonleh’s AAU career.

Full article:  https://www.insidethehall.com/2019/09/03/what-will-jordan-geronimo-bring-to-indiana-his-coaches-explain/

Since he was hired. This year is his 3rd recruiting class to land on campus and he is 3 recruits deep into his 4th

How has he had 4 recruiting cycles with JUCOs and grad transfers though?

Spring/summer 2017 - 1 opening (Thompson)
Spring/Summer 2018 - grad transfer (Fitzner)
Spring/Summer 2019 - nothing

So how has he had 4 recruiting cycles with JUCOs and grad transfers...? He’s added one in 3 cycles. The 4th hasn’t happened yet.

Look out, passing lanes...and watch out, rim. 

He seems to have a nice shot and I've missed seeing some Oladipo-like dunks, but I'm most excited Indiana added a player highly skilled at reading passes with seemingly impeccable timing of an opponent's shots.

Exciting news...he should be fun to watch!

IMG_7492.jpg

Nope, it turns out Geronimo was the next domino.