Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SF Jordan Geronimo to Maryland

I just tried to click on a Star article about him and was denied access. Does anybody know if it has gone totally, 100 percent to subscription-only? It used to be you'd get 5-10 articles a month for free -- or something like that -- before you'd either have to pay or were turned away. 

23 minutes ago, Demo said:
Quote from Jordan Geronimo on why he picked IU: "After my family checked into the Graduate Hotel, we looked up and saw basketball chandeliers. There were old-school bleachers decorating the walls. We were blown away by how deep & rich the basketball history at Indiana was." #iubb

Love this kid! 

The Graduate is so damn cool. Great recruiting tool. 

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I just tried to click on a Star article about him and was denied access. Does anybody know if it has gone totally, 100 percent to subscription-only? It used to be you'd get 5-10 articles a month for free -- or something like that -- before you'd either have to pay or were turned away. 

Yep it was too easy to bypass when they allowed limited access. So now it’s all or nothing. I chose nothing. 

Disagree about PG. get a grad transfer if Armaan or Durham aren’t ready 

I’m going to get eaten alive for this but, they aren’t. They might get minutes at the 1 or 2 but if Phinisee goes down, we’re looking at a backup combo guard running the team.

We all saw what happens when you don’t have a true pg running the team and it’s not good. We should always have 2 true point guards on the team, otherwise the entire season rests on the health of 1 guy

And to address your post directly, yes, whether it’s a freshmen, juco or grad transfer, I don’t care, it’s a must to have another pg on the team that can play real minutes if Phinisee cannot go for any reason

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, MikeRoberts said:

I’m going to get eaten alive for this but, they aren’t. They might get minutes at the 1 or 2 but if Phinisee goes down, we’re looking at a backup combo guard running the team.

We all saw what happens when you don’t have a true pg running the team and it’s not good. We should always have 2 true point guards on the team, otherwise the entire season rests on the health of 1 guy

Whose to say Armaan isn’t ready by 2020 though. 

And what are the odds a true freshmen would be better than a senior like Al. 

Ok then, guess we’ll have to revisit this once he commits somewhere.

He committed to IU. Slater was wrong with this one

Just now, mdn82 said:

Ew I hope Slater didn’t get a chance to change his pick. That would be humorous cause some take that pretty seriously. Him being one of them.

They took forever to show him committed. Surprised Slater didn’t jump in and change his pick. 

Whose to say Armaan isn’t ready by 2020 though. 
And what are the odds a true freshmen would be better than a senior like Al. 

I have been vocal as saying I think one of Archie’s biggest misses has been the juco or grad transfer game. Zero jucos and 1 grad transfer so far in 4 recruiting classes.

I’m not suggesting it to be the be all end all but there is a lot to be gained from having experienced players on the roster and a proven pg is huge. I would actually prefer him bringing in a juco or grad transfer vs a freshmen and then going all in on a landers or someone to replace Phinisee

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Instead of hearing about Oladipo from Crean, 

he heard about IU from Oladipo.

I was hoping he would.  Victor might see something he likes (or maybe something familiar)  in that kid.

21 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I have been vocal as saying I think one of Archie’s biggest misses has been the juco or grad transfer game. Zero jucos and 1 grad transfer so far in 4 recruiting classes.

I’m not suggesting it to be the be all end all but there is a lot to be gained from having experienced players on the roster and a proven pg is huge. I would actually prefer him bringing in a juco or grad transfer vs a freshmen and then going all in on a landers or someone to replace Phinisee

In many cases, I agree with you, and Indiana's had some success with it to be sure.  But...I'd rather develop our own seniors.   I think, based solely on what I see that Archie is starting to build depth and experience.   And I love it,