Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SF Jordan Geronimo to Maryland

This isn't another Austin Van Zyl situation is it?

Doc maybe you nailed it.  I found this comment on the July 14, 2019 New England Recruiting Report.

The Mass Rivals had an inspired run this week that led them to the Elite 8 of the Adidas Summer Championships before falling in a heartbreaker to Garner Road, 55-54. They opened the week with pool play wins over Exum Elite and Game Elite JB. Jordan Geronimo exploded for 26 points against Exum, in what would spark a breakout week for the rising senior.

Must be a breakout kid.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Live period is all about complete. Caleb Murphy, Jordan Geronimo, Kerwin Walton & Isa Silva among the top stock boosters and standouts. Each have already seen a bump in recruitment and should see bevy of offers roll in this week

Who has stood out at adidas thus far? Isa Silva could not have enhanced his stock anymore; Dalen Terry is an elite defender; Jordan Geronimo has 3-and-D potential; Andre Curbelo is a premier college PG; lastly, Kerwin Walton has made 15 3s in 2 games-you do the math
Corey Evans

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He's averaged 18 min./game.

Jordan Geronimo '20 (SF) - Mass Rivals       Has IU Offer    
Date W / L Pts. FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Assts. TO's  Blks. Stls.
4/12 W 6 3 7 0 2 0 0 6 1 2 0 0
4/13 W 10 5 8 0 0 0 0 8 0 2 1 0
4/13 W 11 4 9 0 2 3 6 5 1 1 1 0
4/14 W 14 6 7 2 3 0 0 5 0 1 0 0
4/26 W 12 4 7 2 2 2 2 1 0 1 1 0
4/27 L 8 3 5 1 3 1 2 2 0      
4/27 W 2 1 2 0 1 0 1 2 2 0 0 0
4/28 L 0 0 4 0 3 0 0 3 0 0 0 0
7/11 W 5 2 7 0 2 1 1 5 1 0 0 0
7/11 W 26 11 12 4 5 0 1 2 0 2 1 1
7/12 W 3 1 3 0 1 1 3 1 0 0 1 0
7/12 W 18 7 10 1 3 3 3 6 0 1 3 1
7/13 L 15 6 11 3 7 0 0 6 0 0 0 0
7/13 W 3 1 4 0 2 1 2 4 0 2 1 2
7/18 W 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
7/19 W 13 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 0      
7/19 W 22 8 19 4 13 2 2 3 0 1 0 0

Avg   10.0 56%   38%   64%   4 0 1 1 0
# Gms 17                        
# Gms MP N.A.                        

Normally I try to put a positive spin on things but I notice that he is in the same class in height/weight as Galloway and Leal. I’m not going to freak out and say maybe we aren’t in as good as a position with them as we think, but with Geronimo the class would be three recruits of similar ilk. Positionless basketball theory? Maybe. It can’t hurt to be in early on a late, fast riser. I really don’t know how to feel about this one in the overall concept, not necessarily in his perceived skill set.

Normally I try to put a positive spin on things but I notice that he is in the same class in height/weight as Galloway and Leal. I’m not going to freak out and say maybe we aren’t in as good as a position with them as we think, but with Geronimo the class would be three recruits of similar ilk. Positionless basketball theory? Maybe. It can’t hurt to be in early on a late, fast riser. I really don’t know how to feel about this one in the overall concept, not necessarily in his perceived skill set.

I think we’ve seen Archie offer similarly related recruits to “nudge” a preferred candidate in the right direction (IU). I believe it happened with Aaron Henry / Jerome Hunter / Damezi Anderson and to some extent with RP and James Akinji

3 hours ago, HoosierDYT said:

I think we’ve seen Archie offer similarly related recruits to “nudge” a preferred candidate in the right direction (IU). I believe it happened with Aaron Henry / Jerome Hunter / Damezi Anderson and to some extent with RP and James Akinji

This is where I am at as well with a lot of the recent offers & interest - Arch is trying to close up Leal, Galloway & Cross by the early signing period.

Interesting indeed. We locked up Galloway and Leal but we’re still getting a visit from Geronimo. Could we possibly take three 6-4 to 6-5 wings in the same class? I don’t see it happening but who knows. We’d be super crowded with 6 (Anderson, Hunter, Franklin, Galloway, Leal, and Geronimo) in 3 classes. That could be great depth or lead to frustrated players waiting their turn as upperclassmen.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Interesting indeed. We locked up Galloway and Leal but we’re still getting a visit from Geronimo. Could we possibly take three 6-4 to 6-5 wings in the same class? I don’t see it happening but who knows. We’d be super crowded with 6 (Anderson, Hunter, Franklin, Galloway, Leal, and Geronimo) in 3 classes. That could be great depth or lead to frustrated players waiting their turn as upperclassmen.

Or Archie is preparing for somebody to leave 

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Cross is a 6’7” wing that can probably play some 4. Maybe Geronimo is option 2 for Cross if it appears Cross is leaning South.

Not a true replacement player but it makes you wonder.

Oh that’s fair. I had been told that Cross was a pure 4. But haven’t seen much of him 

What strikes me?   If he goes to the right game, Assembly Hall will seem like the biggest, loudest arena in the country.  Any questions on why Indiana Basketball is special?   Take a look at these high school gyms he's used to.  (His game reminds me of someone.......)

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jordan-geronimo/BhSUx8yDEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/videos.htm