Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

Good recruiting update from Stock Risers.

..."Louisville, Indiana, and Kansas State,” Harmon said of the officials currently being worked on.

https://stockrisers.com/2020/02/03/discussion-with-five-star-junior-aminu-mohammeds-guardian/

Good recruiting update from Stock Risers.
..."Louisville, Indiana, and Kansas State,” Harmon said of the officials currently being worked on.
https://stockrisers.com/2020/02/03/discussion-with-five-star-junior-aminu-mohammeds-guardian/

I am very much a person that doesn’t believe in “needing” a kid. This one is as close as it comes. Still think Romeo was more critical for in state purposes. We just need more talent and this kid has it in spades.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Aminu doesn’t strike me as a first-mover based on his talent and options. I feel like we are gonna need to get a commitment from a Kaufman, Lander, Furst before he’s going to seriously consider coming on board based on our current team’s performance. He will need to know he’s got complimentary elite talent to join. 

Aminu doesn’t strike me as a first-mover based on his talent and options. I feel like we are gonna need to get a commitment from a Kaufman, Lander, Furst before he’s going to seriously consider coming on board based on our current team’s performance. He will need to know he’s got complimentary elite talent to join. 

Eh, give him a duffle bag and he won’t care

Archie needs to do what the others are doing and fans need to stop blaming the administration.

Get it done in silence and be done with it. You think the administration at Duke are spoon feeding K? No, his people take care of things and he and the administration can play ignorant

8 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Eh, give him a duffle bag and he won’t care

Archie needs to do what the others are doing and fans need to stop blaming the administration.

Get it done in silence and be done with it. You think the administration at Duke are spoon feeding K? No, his people take care of things and he and the administration can play ignorant

Exactly. This is a rule mostly still in place for advertising reasons because people would be turned off if the kids got paid. The NCAA has no desire to enforce it. Just deny to give them an out if anything ever comes to light. 

30 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Exactly. This is a rule mostly still in place for advertising reasons because people would be turned off if the kids got paid. The NCAA has no desire to enforce it. Just deny to give them an out if anything ever comes to light. 

I don’t know, man, look at the hammer they dropped on Will Wade. Oh, wait......

Class 2 top-ranked Greenwood cruises to a convincing 91-62 win over Class 2 #8-ranked Milan in the #HOFClassic at BBC. Aminu Mohammed led Greenwood with 41 points, 21 rebounds, 5 assists.  And like Max Christie, he too sold popcorn at halftime.  This kid's stats are incredibly consistent.

18 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Class 2 top-ranked Greenwood cruises to a convincing 91-62 win over Class 2 #8-ranked Milan in the #HOFClassic at BBC. Aminu Mohammed led Greenwood with 41 points, 21 rebounds, 5 assists.  And like Max Christie, he too sold popcorn at halftime.  This kid's stats are incredibly consistent.

41 and 21 ? Beast! His rebounding numbers are almost more impressive to me than scoring.

Greenwood beat Chadwick 75-48.  Mohammed 36 pts. and 15 reb.   Just another day at the office for Aminu.

Aminu moves from 3rd to 2nd in city single-season scoring with 833 points.  He now trails only himself last year (1,059).  Now at 1,892 career points (Still 6th in city history.)

Greenwood Boys defeat School of the Ozarks 79-36.  Aminu gets 20 & 10 in very limited minutes.   You can watch a replay at:  http://ozarksindependent.com/2020/01/30/live-boys-high-school-basketball-greenwood-vs-new-covenant-academy/?fbclid=IwAR1xDP1Njb5YZE7d0_0tIfk1JwKzOdNCbgOADL8PPkgniWykC4DjlrGSBqs

Multiple reports that Mohammed will take an OV to IU sometime after the conclusion of his current season.

Greenwood defeats Spokane 88-59. Aminu has 36 & 15 rebounds.   Aminu moves from 6th to 5th on the city career scoring list with 1,948 points, passing Jordan Walton (Glendale ‘18; 1,941). His next target is Anthony Frazier (Greenwood ‘82) with 2,044 points.

According to my records, this was his last regular season game so maybe @Demo can fill us in on Missouri's state tournament format.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Greenwood defeats Spokane 88-59. Aminu has 36 & 15 rebounds.   Aminu moves from 6th to 5th on the city career scoring list with 1,948 points, passing Jordan Walton (Glendale ‘18; 1,941). His next target is Anthony Frazier (Greenwood ‘82) with 2,044 points.

According to my records, this was his last regular season game so maybe @Demo can fill us in on Missouri's state tournament format.

State Tournament starts next Monday for the 3 smaller classes. Somewhat similar to Indiana, but a week shorter.  Open with District play, equivalent of sectionals. Usually 8 teams per district. 16 districts.  Top 4 teams are seeded. Greenwood is in, I believe, District 11 and would play Mon/Thurs/Sat. The 16 winners play down to 4 Wed/Sat the following week. The final 4 would play 3/13-14 at Mo St, which is literally across the street from the Greenwood campus. 

So if Mohammed is, in fact, going to take a Jr OV to Bloomington, barring a fairly shocking upset, it would be after 3/14.

10 minutes ago, Demo said:

So if Mohammed is, in fact, going to take a Jr OV to Bloomington, barring a fairly shocking upset, it would be after 3/14.

Would think an OV without the opportunity to attend a game, if the “after 3/14” timeline holds true, would not be ideal. Game atmosphere in AH being a big selling point. 

Just now, JerryYeagley23 said:

Would think an OV without the opportunity to attend a game, if the “after 3/14” timeline holds true, would not be ideal. Game atmosphere in AH being a big selling point. 

Lets pray there aren't any opportunities to attend a home game if that timeline is true. If there are opportunities something has gone wrong and IU is in the NIT...

Just now, IUc2016 said:

Lets pray there aren't any opportunities to attend a home game if that timeline is true. If there are opportunities something has gone wrong and IU is in the NIT...

This was my other concern, but didn’t want to jinx anything. Was going to add to my original post, “unless it would be a good time to get to know the coaches and guys on the team since we aren’t playing anymore in late March.”