Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm not positive, but Harmon may be Mohammed's guardian while in Missouri attending Greenwood

Shawn Harmon @Harmon64S

Huge thank you to Coach Miller and staff for hosting 2021 SG Aminu Mohammed very awesome environment u guys have for college basketball enjoyed meeting with Coach Miller and staff look forward to a return visit soon best wishes on the season ahead !!! Fans are awesome!!!

Correct

He also tweeted during the game, “#4 for Indiana is a grown man!”

I'm not positive, but Harmon may be Mohammed's guardian while in Missouri attending Greenwood
Shawn Harmon @Harmon64S
Huge thank you to Coach Miller and staff for hosting 2021 SG Aminu Mohammed very awesome environment u guys have for college basketball enjoyed meeting with Coach Miller and staff look forward to a return visit soon best wishes on the season ahead !!! Fans are awesome!!!
EPS25A9XUAErPAc?format=jpg%26name=small&key=282b839bca83353228d266661796efd5fe69d91fef1ba6978aba38d849be21ca

Saw that tweet too. Very encouraging that they want to come back and loved the atmosphere. Rumors going around several recruits came away very impressed. Program has a lot of good vibes starting to grow and hope it leads to some recruiting wins!

2021 could potentially be a make or break class for Archie?!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, JaybobHoosier said:

Saw that tweet too. Very encouraging that they want to come back and loved the atmosphere. Rumors going around several recruits came away very impressed. Program has a lot of good vibes starting to grow and hope it leads to some recruiting wins!

2021 could potentially be a make or break class for Archie?!

I'm guessing 'make'

Man it’s like watching that youth league kid that could dribble and nobody knew what they were supposed to do. Aminu is that much better than his competition. He will end up around 40, knowing he could have easily scored 60 plus.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Mohammed went to the bench in the 4th Q with Greenwood leading 64-32.  Final score was 71-40.  Mohammed finished with 38 pts. and 14 reb. and didn't score in the first 5 min. of the game.  He ended up with 25 in the first  half.   Might be able to get more details tomorrow.

Watching the game stream I learned the correct pronunciation of his first name is Ah-MEEN-u

Mohammed went to the bench in the 4th Q with Greenwood leading 64-32.  Final score was 71-40.  Mohammed finished with 38 pts. and 14 reb. and didn't score in the first 5 min. of the game.  He ended up with 25 in the first  half.   Might be able to get more details tomorrow.
Watching the game stream I learned the correct pronunciation of his first name is Ah-MEEN-u

I tuned in to watch a wide open missed dunk, then a missed 3 on back to back possessions. I thought, oh man.... then he dominated after that.

He knows he is a lot better than these guys. His teammates obviously defer to him. This was a blowout game but I’d like to see him sit down on D and lock his guy up. He likes going for blocks but he gives up driving lanes to get those blocks. He’s good though, no doubt.

I have literally zero evidence to think it, but when you consider: a) the kid is playing competition that has to bore him and isn’t helping him develop, b) he’s spent 3 years in really exceptional academic schools, and, 3) the only reason he’s in Springfield in the first place is because of his brother, who graduates this spring, I wonder if the kid might be a candidate to reclassify. Again, haven’t heard that mentioned anywhere, just kind of fits the situation.

1 hour ago, Woodson1980 said:

Please please Lord I pray bring us this kid. Amen

I would love, love, love this kid at IU. But he just has the feeling of a kid that will play his way into a late-to-the-game Kentucky/Kansas/Duke offer that he accepts the same day. Hope I’m wrong, but seems to be our MO the last few years to pray for a top 20 recruit for two years only to be outbid (literally and figuratively) at the end of the recruiting process by a big name coach. 

Hard to say what will ultimately happen, but we haven't done too badly getting Missouri recruits albeit they weren't Archie's.  FWIW this kid seems a little more grounded and doesn't seem to slobber and drool over certain schools as do a couple of the other kids we've offered.  IMO we're in as good of a position with Aminu as is any other school.