Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Ed Schilling Leaving, Mike Roberts Arriving

I was at the 11 game watching Femi last night so I did not fully processed that this had happened until this morning.  Either way this is very interesting and I am curious to see who IU gets to replace him.

I usually try and find a silver lining in things. I truly think we can find a better assistant. But this is just bad all of the way around. Firing an assistant in June if it’s purely job performance related? That’s April. Imo that’s just bad for Archie.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I believe you are on the right track. Reading tea leaves could be lucrative in your future. 

I heard Kentucky has one of the world’s leading Tea Leaf Reading degree programs.  

What do the UK basketball players say about it, you ask?

“6 out of 5 stars would learn it in school that I definitely participated in again!”

I usually try and find a silver lining in things. I truly think we can find a better assistant. But this is just bad all of the way around. Firing an assistant in June if it’s purely job performance related? That’s April. Imo that’s just bad for Archie.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I guess the silver lining is, if it wasn’t a fit and he wasn’t successful as an assistant it’s better to pull the plug late than never.

Still odd timing for certain and the Van Eyl recruitment must be a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Is there any truth to Schilling liking a tweet by this Austin Van Zyl kid. Supposedly he liked the tweet where Van Zyl announced we extended a scholarship offer, which may not be true?

Schilling offer the kid on the way out the door to piss CAM off haha. The timing and wording around this is is just odd, especially in reading that not all of the players had been made aware as of 2 hours ago.  

Is there any truth to Schilling liking a tweet by this Austin Van Zyl kid. Supposedly he liked the tweet where Van Zyl announced we extended a scholarship offer, which may not be true?
Schilling offer the kid on the way out the door to piss CAM off haha. The timing and wording around this is is just odd, especially in reading that not all of the players had been made aware as of 2 hours ago.  

It’s not in his likes on twitter so if he did he has since unliked it.

11 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Tom Crean could really fix our broken offense. 

Edit

We really just need a good shooting coach if we could have hit just 35% of our 3s our offense would have been fine. 

He didn't really have an offense outside of "run faster", take that away he had absolutely nothing.  If that's a "fix", I think our issues go beyond an assistant.

4 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

He didn't really have an offense outside of "run faster", take that away he had absolutely nothing.  If that's a "fix", I think our issues go beyond an assistant.

Whatever it was it scored points efficiently. Mostly because people actually hit their 3s

First part is true. Second part is guesswork.

If so, why now and not before spring evaluations, recruiting, and offers?

Sure it's guesswork, but so is every other comment on here, including the "Schiller is abandoning a sinking ship" comment.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Sure it's guesswork, but so is every other comment on here, including the "Schiller is abandoning a sinking ship" comment.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

True but he does have a history of getting out early 

22 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I would’ve been shocked if he didn’t.

IU guy, been on staff for some time...but how would most truly feel about this? TBH, that doesn't seem like a hire that would move the needle. I would like to get a known offensive mind, similar to what Michigan did with Luke Yaklich for defense.