Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Ed Schilling Leaving, Mike Roberts Arriving

23 minutes ago, goonaha said:

I know I'm right, but can't tell you, otherwise then you'll know I'm not. Textbook.

That would make it easier for you, wouldn't it?  Someone so starved for decent information that he comes to a public message board looking for pieces of....who knows what?  Finds some people who actually do know a little bit but won't mention names publicly or tell stories others would prefer to stay private and it just drives them NUTS!!   So...they post things like you just did and pretend nobody here could possibly know anything about anything, and paints people into a corner.

Something about.....textbook.

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Drove him myself to Birmingham. No in all seriousness he was a very nice kid, just immature and didn't care. 

I found it very interesting that when Davis was fired/resigned, one of the Indiana kids he recruited followed him to Alabama, while the Alabama kid he recruited stayed put. 

51 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm beginning to wonder what the holdup is? Why hasn't the basketball program or athletic department announced this yet? Just curious. 

Probably because the contract isn't done.

56 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm beginning to wonder what the holdup is? Why hasn't the basketball program or athletic department announced this yet? Just curious. 

I know on Tuesday they were finishing up some paperwork like background checks and things like that. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I know on Tuesday they were finishing up some paperwork like background checks and things like that. 

I hope the background check doesn't reveal that he returned a bunch of tapes to Blockbuster without rewinding them. ... That could be a troubling development. 

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

I hope the background check doesn't reveal that he returned a bunch of tapes to Blockbuster without rewinding them. ... That could be a troubling development. 

Now that's some funny stuff. I don't believe Archie would hire a person like that

On 8/20/2019 at 10:17 PM, Chris007 said:

I do know Romeo changed Archie’s mind on recruiting. That’s why you see Leal & Galloway. If you can get a great player fine but take good players and coach them up. Add a Lander and you’re good.

We all knew Romeo was a few years too early. Archie had to go after him regardless.

From Rick Bozich ! Encouraging thoughts on our new assistant.

With word spreading former Hoosier Mike Roberts is new ‪#iubb‬ assistant, I asked coach from Southern Conference about his competitor: "Like him. Very good basketball mind. Solid recruiter. Big loss for UNCG ... he would be a great hire ... they should be ecstatic about him ."

Another Southern Conference coach on new ‪#iubb‬ assistant Mike Roberts: "Have known him a long time. Very good coach (Bigs) and has done a very good job recruiting, especially overseas. A big part of UNCG’s success the past 3 years.":

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners