Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Ed Schilling Leaving, Mike Roberts Arriving

Schilling misses Keion Brooks and goes rogue and offers Van Zyl. Gets kicked to the curb. Months go by, and then Mike Roberts.

Interesting really.

I’d love to know the honest, 100% truth with what happened with Schilling.

As with all things Archie, he needs to prove himself. He can’t buy wins like his brother because self righteous Indiana won’t allow it. Can we win with hard work and like minded players and coaches?

I guess we start finding out really soon. Starting to feel like a long honeymoon.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That’s part of the problem. Ostrom isn’t good either. Ask Florida or Arkansas fans about him.

Archie. The coach that will make you miss Tom Crean.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’ll take him as a recruiter which is what he is. I have heard he isn’t the greatest basketball coach in other areas though but that’s just rumor.

I have a feeling that Indiana is about to start being Indiana again. Have the Indiana kids, things seem to be headed in the right direction or it’s the beer talking 

We are going to find out. Indiana kids are nice and all, and it’s a feel good situation right now in some ways but I guess we find out if the Indiana boys are superior to some of the uber talented teams.

It would be a cool way to win. Hope it works out.

Dead serious. Everything Archie or this basketball program does is underwhelming. No wonder our Rivals are laughing so hard at us.

You seem like a great time at a party

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We are going to find out. Indiana kids are nice and all, and it’s a feel good situation right now in some ways but I guess we find out if the Indiana boys are superior to some of the uber talented teams.

It would be a cool way to win. Hope it works out.

I do know Romeo changed Archie’s mind on recruiting. That’s why you see Leal & Galloway. If you can get a great player fine but take good players and coach them up. Add a Lander and you’re good.

Flint was always a questionable choice. But when you have that much experience at the D1 level, it’s basically a given that you will get a nice job. 

We have to remember Archie is young. His assistants won’t be the best assistant Justin because it’s Indiana, the best assistants are at the Dukes, MSU, etc. Coaching staffs are built off relationships and trust. Archie saw this staff and people he can rely on daily and so far it’s proven to be.. okay. 

Our on the court issues will hopefully be resolved once Archie can get all his guys in here. I think next season (2020-2021)will be our year of better on court production. 

I don't know any of the guys being discussed beyond what is/has been said here and other places. CAM is really the only one who has real "skin" in this game and I'm sure he has put in some time and effort to get this right. Whoever his choice turns out to be will be fine with me.

37 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I do know Romeo changed Archie’s mind on recruiting. That’s why you see Leal & Galloway. If you can get a great player fine but take good players and coach them up. Add a Lander and you’re good.

It seemed like we lost recruiting momentum but looks like that was simply because we were changing course 

It seemed like we lost recruiting momentum but looks like that was simply because we were changing course 

I think Romeo was a must get, but I do feel Archie entered into a bad recruiting time. He needed to get his guys first, then incorporate some of the Romeo’s of the world. With how Archie coaches, having a foundation first seems crucial.