Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Ed Schilling Leaving, Mike Roberts Arriving

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yes, one of them. Was a student then and enjoyed that run to the finals.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well this team member worked for me in the summers and I can say he's the nicest IU player I've ever met. You probably had a class or two with him or at least saw him around campus. He was very smart. He did not play in any of those games though :-)

4 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

So if it is mike Roberts what does he bring to the table? I worry about his recruiting capabilities I guess

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

I think player development. He has been credited for getting 3 or 4 players to the NBA in the last so many years. Not bad for a guy at UNCG

8 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

So if it is mike Roberts what does he bring to the table? I worry about his recruiting capabilities I guess

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Integrity, passion, history of success, buy-in, fit with current coaching staff, in-state connections.

By the way, most recruits and their families are smart; if there's a quality guy on staff they'll notice, and that in and of itself is helpful with recruiting.

Hopefully all I's are dotted and T's are crossed by tomorrow so it can be announced 

I faxed it in a few minutes ago:)

Now I don’t know what to do with this screen name, I feel like Michael Bolton from Office Space

In all seriousness, you nailed it a while back identifying him as a legit candidate when nobody else was talking about him - nice work

Yeah it’s crazy the educated guesses that come from IU boards. I have been around so many and saw many from other fanbases. I would be willing to bet most fanbases don’t have a clue when put in this situation. I guarantee if this is the route we go Archie consulted the General and all other former bosses. I give the man that. He does what he says and has really went inside out.

Why do you think he talked with RMK about this. I know he played for him but you sound convinced he has and wondered if there were some dots you are connecting that lead to the conclusion and your inside out comment

Why do you think he talked with RMK about this. I know he played for him but you sound convinced he has and wondered if there were some dots you are connecting that lead to the conclusion and your inside out comment

He coached under him a season. In these types of things you will reach out to anyone and everyone if you don’t know him personally. I would really be surprised if CAM didn’t.