Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Ed Schilling Leaving, Mike Roberts Arriving

3 hours ago, mdn82 said:

So you would be cool with Archie if he made the tournament the next 3 years with two of those going 21-14 and one year of 24 wins and getting two wins in the tournament? Good to know that’s what you feel respectable is heading into this. Me thinks you wouldn’t feel that is respectable for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I was kind of wondering the same myself after I looked it up

That’s a hell of a lot better than 18-16, 16-15, 19-16 and ZERO NCAA tournament appearances.

Archie has two of those unless you are blaming him for Crean too. We all know your frustrations with Archie are only solely on his time only at IU. So I wondered considering you gave Beilein 5 years. Under that premise he has to make the tournament the next three years. To make Gradman happy he has to go 21-14, 21-14, and 24-10. Hopefully we can do that. I want to see you happy with respectable records that you set. That would be 3 out of 5 years with the records they were that you said made that program respectable.

13 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Archie has two of those unless you are blaming him for Crean too. We all know your frustrations with Archie are only solely on his time only at IU. So I wondered considering you gave Beilein 5 years. Under that premise he has to make the tournament the next three years. To make Gradman happy he has to go 21-14, 21-14, and 24-10. Hopefully we can do that. I want to see you happy with respectable records that you set. That would be 3 out of 5 years with the records they were that you said made that program respectable.

Mic Micdrop GIF - Mic Micdrop Micdroppeth GIFs

On 8/1/2019 at 12:28 PM, Fkfootball1 said:

Maybe it’s just his demeanor...I just don’t feel a real sense of urgency in this program. Archie seems to always be on cruise control. 

I asked Caleb Love to decscribe his final six head coaches in one word:
Roy Williams-Amazing
Bill Self-Cool
Archie Miller-Passionate
Cuonzo Martin-Genuine
Sean Miller-Confident
Chris Mack-Consistent

@caleb2love

Paul Biancardi

I asked Caleb Love to decscribe his final six head coaches in one word:

Roy Williams-Amazing

Bill Self-Cool

Archie Miller-Passionate

Cuonzo Martin-Genuine

Sean Miller-Confident

Chris Mack-Consistent

@caleb2love

Paul Biancardi

But he doesn't show it in public (blue font)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don’t really understand the narrative that Archie isn’t passionate. You don’t have to be a cheerleader, jumping up and down on tv to be passionate about the program. He’s finding kids that want to be here truly. Before this year we didn’t really have ambassadors to the brand that were on the team. TJD alone will recruit every kid that gets an IU offer. Galloway is recruiting Dawson Garcia and Lander for us already. This hasn’t been happening in the last 10 years. Archie may not be showing his passion about the program on camera, but it’s there and he is landing kids that have the same passion and want to be here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I agree. Romeo didn’t want to come to IU. Glad he did. He was here to go through the motion.

I don’t really understand the narrative that Archie isn’t passionate. You don’t have to be a cheerleader, jumping up and down on tv to be passionate about the program. He’s finding kids that want to be here truly. Before this year we didn’t really have ambassadors to the brand that were on the team. TJD alone will recruit every kid that gets an IU offer. Galloway is recruiting Dawson Garcia and Lander for us already. This hasn’t been happening in the last 10 years. Archie may not be showing his passion about the program on camera, but it’s there and he is landing kids that have the same passion and want to be here.

This. You said it more eloquently than I did.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

And some think the timing of Schilling's departure was awkward.  How would you like to be in Walter McCarty's position at Evansville losing 2 assistants within the past weeek.  And somewhat interesting is the fact they were both Butler connected --  Matthew Graves and Todd Lickliter.

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/college/evansville/2019/08/03/another-evansville-assistant-basketball-coach-leaves-program/1892555001/

4 hours ago, barrettballer said:

You don't think we've had players that wanted to be here truly or recruited others in the last 10 years?????

27 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Well we had Noah Vonleh recruiting against IU because Crean was so bad. 

Ok, and Archie has had transfers that didn't like him.  But the original question remains.

You don't think we've had players that wanted to be here truly or recruited others in the last 10 years?

6 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And some think the timing of Schilling's departure was awkward.  How would you like to be in Walter McCarty's position at Evansville losing 2 assistants within the past weeek.  And somewhat interesting is the fact they were both Butler connected --  Matthew Graves and Todd Lickliter.

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/college/evansville/2019/08/03/another-evansville-assistant-basketball-coach-leaves-program/1892555001/

I honestly can't believe either of those two guys took jobs to be on Walter McCarty's staff. Have heard him interviewed and speak publicly; and have been less than impressed.   

I honestly can't believe either of those two guys took jobs to be on Walter McCarty's staff. Have heard him interviewed and speak publicly; and have been less than impressed.   

Two years ago , because of their budget, UE eliminated their girls tennis program. Things haven't gotten any better. I know someone who was employed by them recently. They told me their pay continued to drop until they couldn't afford to stay on. Also Lance Wilkerson, who had been the senior associate athletic director, lost his job due to budget cuts. I have also heard, but cannot confirm, that baseball coach Wes Carroll is being paid by his brother Jamey, a UE graduate, 10 year MLB veteran, and current special assistant with the Pirates. So if I had to guess, these coaches left because of the $$.