Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Ed Schilling Leaving, Mike Roberts Arriving

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

^^Bump.^^

Don't want to dump posts to keep the thread kinda on track - so please open up a new thread if you want to discuss Dakich and his attitude toward IU if y'all are so inclined.

BTW: I know it's the off-season and threads are naturally gonna get off track a bit, but the new assistant coach thread may be the hottest thing currently being discussed, and therefore...

Looks like we already have a couple Dakich topics created to dump all these posts...

1. Dakich (1)
  2. Dakich (2)
  3. Wow Dakich!
  4. Dakich Comments
  5. Danny Dakich
  6. I HATE DAKICH!!!

23 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I understand your point!

Let me summarize for you: we have credible information that Mr. Calbert Cheaney may be a prime candidate.

Love Calbert. He's my favorite all-time Hoosier. He checks a couple boxes -- is an IU guy, so he gets what it's all about and knows the heritage, what it means to be a Hoosier, etc. I know he's been an assistant before, but I think it still remains to be seen actually how good of a coach he is. And how well can he recruit? If he is the choice, hopefully in due time, he'll check those boxes as well.  

I understand your point!
Let me summarize for you: we have credible information that Mr. Calbert Cheaney may be a prime candidate.

Honestly I love Calbert the player and ambassador. I am not sure how I would feel about him as an assistant. His biggest issue always has been family and the grind of the road. At IU he knows more than most a mediocre approach to that role is no bueno. I personally prefer an assistant that can go out and get who we want within the state and elsewhere. Coaches and parents around here would love Calbert, but would a kid? That’s more rhetorical as we truly don’t know. I am hoping of more of a proven commodity.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m pretty sure Calbert is the only guy we’re considering who can say to a recruit:
”When I was an NBA assistant coach with Golden State for two years, Steph Curry improved quite a bit.”

For sure. My thing is how bad does he want to be great in that role? At what cost? It would be a great story if it happened. I think RMK would probably come back for that. I just worry if that work/home life balance is already a concern.

2 hours ago, mdn82 said:

For sure. My thing is how bad does he want to be great in that role? At what cost? It would be a great story if it happened. I think RMK would probably come back for that. I just worry if that work/home life balance is already a concern.

He didn't come back for 1976.  He didn't come back for 1981.  He didn't come back for 1987.  He didn't come back for AJ Guyton.  He didn't come back for nobody. 

He didn't come back for 1976.  He didn't come back for 1981.  He didn't come back for 1987.  He didn't come back for AJ Guyton.  He didn't come back for nobody. 

Age and other notable ailments seem to be softening his stance. I think with his recent move it’s coming.

On 7/16/2019 at 9:51 PM, mdn82 said:

Age and other notable ailments seem to be softening his stance. I think with his recent move it’s coming.

I don't think he is in a mental capacity to really feel as he did before.   I don't think he's well, and when people get old, they tend to gravitate to their roots, and his roots are near Bloomington.   I really don't think it's any more than that.

15 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

And I'm sure he didn't just come back to IU for a baseball game for a love of baseball.

His doctor and close friend live here (Rink) plus his other close friends Hammel and Bomba all live here. The ranch he was living on there wasn't anything close by for miles. The family needed to be around other people.