Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Ed Schilling Leaving, Mike Roberts Arriving

Lot of you guys are pretty hard on a guy whose job it is to get ratings.  He's been courted by at least 2 much larger entities to host a show, yet he remains in Indiana.   Lot of you guys also think DD hates Indiana or is angry he wasn't kept as the head basketball coach.    Funny how much some think they "know."   Opinions are what they are, but I was happy to see this because it's accurate.

8 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Lot of you guys are pretty hard on a guy whose job it is to get ratings.  He's been courted by at least 2 much larger entities to host a show, yet he remains in Indiana.   Lot of you guys also think DD hates Indiana or is angry he wasn't kept as the head basketball coach.    Funny how much some think they "know."   Opinions are what they are, but I was happy to see this because it's accurate.

What this essentially says is that if you are critical of Dakich, your opinion is wrong, because OF likes him. And only positive opinions expressed about DD are correct ... Okey-doke. 

I am pretty indifferent on DD and don’t really care for his calling of a game. I am not watching to be taught about basketball or hear how differently he would be doing things. I am watching to be entertained. Some people are entertained by him or he wouldn’t have a job. He just isn’t for me at all. I appreciate his time here as a player. As a coach he was here during two periods that led us to where we are today. I hope he is a great guy but I don’t care. I have no ambitions of being a buddy with him as much he would me. His public persona is one he has carefully manufactured over the years. That’s not entertaining to me. To some it is. He learned from Knight. I wouldn’t expect him any other way or want him to change. But it’s not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Just so we are clear, this is one of his best friends posting something nice about him. I hope that most BF's would do the same.

Just so we are clear, the two guys know each other...I know them both.  And they are not "best friends."     This sort of makes my point.   Your information is fabricated to fit the narrative, and it's inaccurate.

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

What this essentially says is that if you are critical of Dakich, your opinion is wrong, because OF likes him. And only positive opinions expressed about DD are correct ... Okey-doke. 

Um....no.   It doesn't say that unless you're uber sensitive and thin skinned.     If that's you......Okey doke.   

Wow.

What this DOES say is I know the guy.  I've known the guy for a while, and many here paint him as something he's not.  You can like him or not as a commentator.  That's up to you.  I suppose it's also up to you whether you like his radio show, but as a part of that, there have been other criticisms.  Many have said he hates IU.  Wrong.  WAY wrong.  180* wrong.  Completely missing his point wrong, as a matter of fact. 

Many have said he goes out of his way to be critical of IU because he's bitter about not getting the head coaching job.   Also wrong.    Many have been pretty hard on him because they don't like him on air.  Unfairly so in my opinion.  But...if you want to take that to an extreme and post what you did?  As you said....Okey doke.   

6 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Um....no.   It doesn't say that unless you're uber sensitive and thin skinned.     If that's you......Okey doke.   

Wow.

What this DOES say is I know the guy.  I've known the guy for a while, and many here paint him as something he's not.  You can like him or not as a commentator.  That's up to you.  I suppose it's also up to you whether you like his radio show, but as a part of that, there have been other criticisms.  Many have said he hates IU.  Wrong.  Many have said he goes out of his way to be critical of IU because he's bitter about not getting the head coaching job.   Also wrong.    Many have been pretty hard on him because they don't like him on air.  Unfairly so in my opinion.  But...if you want to take that to an extreme and post what you did?  As you said....Okey doke.   

You just reaffirmed exactly what I wrote. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Hey all (I'm guilty here too) - let's try to get this thread back to its substance of Ed Schilling's departure and his replacement.

Thanks

^^Bump.^^

Don't want to dump posts to keep the thread kinda on track - so please open up a new thread if you want to discuss Dakich and his attitude toward IU if y'all are so inclined.

BTW: I know it's the off-season and threads are naturally gonna get off track a bit, but the new assistant coach thread may be the hottest thing currently being discussed, and therefore...