Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Ed Schilling Leaving, Mike Roberts Arriving

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm pretty sure everyone will love one of the finalists for the job. He checks a lot of the boxes like previous assistant coaching experience, recruiting experience, knows Bloomington. My one question is will he and his family put in the time to be great in coaching as he did as a player. 

Hmmm...trying to narrow it down given those clues:

1. First conclusion: It's a "he"

Ahhhh...I dunno - that's all I got so far.  :)

26 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm pretty sure everyone will love one of the finalists for the job. He checks a lot of the boxes like previous assistant coaching experience, recruiting experience, knows Bloomington. My one question is will he and his family put in the time to be great in coaching as he did as a player. 

Could it be Calbert? I think there have been questions about him putting in the time on this board in the past?

33 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hmmm...trying to narrow it down given those clues:

1. First conclusion: It's a "he"

Ahhhh...I dunno - that's all I got so far.  :)

Familiar with Bloomington so he's been to Nick's and Mother Bear's.

Chris, you're nothing but a big tease but now that the major AAU events are over, it give us a whole new topic to run rampant with.  lol      I did note that Chris didn't mention anything about the candidate being a former player so that spreads the net even wider.   Was that an inadvertent or specific omission of the individual's background?  Finally, will we ever know who the finalists were after the new assistant is hired?  Inquiring minds want to know.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Do you know how many finalists are being considered? If this one (that you're pretty sure we'd love) doesn't get it, will you be able to reveal who it was? Ugh...so many questions!!

34 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Familiar with Bloomington so he's been to Nick's and Mother Bear's.

Chris, you're nothing but a big tease but now that the major AAU events are over, it give us a whole new topic to run rampant with.  lol      I did note that Chris didn't mention anything about the candidate being a former player so that spreads the net even wider.   Was that an inadvertent or specific omission of the individual's background?  Finally, will we ever know who the finalists were after the new assistant is hired?  Inquiring minds want to know.

I said he knows Bloomington. I can testify he knows where Nick's is. 

Just now, NashvilleHoosier said:

Do you know how many finalists are being considered? If this one (that you're pretty sure we'd love) doesn't get it, will you be able to reveal who it was? Ugh...so many questions!!

Don't know how many finalist there are and yes I will tell you if they don't get it. 

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I said he knows Bloomington. I can testify he knows where Nick's is. 

• A "he"
  • Knows Bloomington
  • Been to Nick's
  • Great player in his era 
  • Has helped make coaching decisions
  • Has helped to recruit players to his team

It's my 8th grader!

IF we could find someone with IU ties who was an incredibly successful college player; was a lotto NBA pick and long-time NBA veteran; had NBA and college front office experience; had assistant coaching experience in the NBA, with a  major college basketball tourney team, and in the NBA G-League; and is by all accounts a fantastic human being...

That'd be pretty darn sweet.