Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Ed Schilling Leaving, Mike Roberts Arriving

So is he acting as like an interim assistant I take it?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

During a recruiting period a staff is allowed 4 coaches to be out recruiting. While Archie looks to fill the position he will act as the 4th coach out recruiting. Calbert did the same thing on Creans staff. He filled in during the recruiting evaluation while Crean was hiring new assistant. I’m not 100 percent on this but I think they only fill in on the recruiting periods and don’t do any of the other responsibilities an assistant coach would have. Sounds like Schilling’s contract was only 2 years and maybe just didn’t get renewed

16 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

During a recruiting period a staff is allowed 4 coaches to be out recruiting. While Archie looks to fill the position he will act as the 4th coach out recruiting. Calbert did the same thing on Creans staff. He filled in during the recruiting evaluation while Crean was hiring new assistant. I’m not 100 percent on this but I think they only fill in on the recruiting periods and don’t do any of the other responsibilities an assistant coach would have. Sounds like Schilling’s contract was only 2 years and maybe just didn’t get renewed

I know the academic year ends on June 30 but its ridiculous to have a lame duck coach for 3 months or so, especially if the mindset of Archie/Glass or whoever was not to renew his deal.

47 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

If that’s the case kind of odd it’s taken this long 

Mark Galloway is a really, really, really good, and experienced coach. The kind of guy we could consider whether he had a son who plays or not.
Yes, he has a talented roster; I assume that as head coach at Culver, he needed to recruit 'inside-out' to accomplish that task.
His talent level wasn't as high as the LaLu team with Brooks and Isaiah Stewart which his kids out played this past season. And, state champs don't happen by accident.

I’m sure our compliance department could find a way to turn this into a violation.

Doesn't this really smell of something bad happening with Schilling. Not having a known assistant on the recruiting trail seems really bad. I don't know, but with the timing, something stinks. (and it's not me)

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Mark Galloway is a really, really, really good, and experienced coach. The kind of guy we could consider whether he had a son who plays or not.

Yes, he has a talented roster; I assume that as head coach at Culver, he needed to recruit 'inside-out' to accomplish that task.

His talent level wasn't as high as the LaLu team with Brooks and Isaiah Stewart which his kids out played this past season. And, state champs don't happen by accident.

He is a really good coach and prolly would make a good college coach. I don't know if the Carmel fiasco would cause any issues.

4 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

Doesn't this really smell of something bad happening with Schilling. Not having a known assistant on the recruiting trail seems really bad. I don't know, but with the timing, something stinks. (and it's not me)

Schilling didn't do much of squat on the recruiting trail anyways! Not losing much if anything.

Luckily in IU’s case Comar is more then qualified to help out on the recruiting trail in my opinion

I don’t know about “bad happening with Schilling” but it was certainly unplanned. Either something happened forcing the move from Archie or Something happened where Schilling was done.

The timing of the VanEyl stuff is just too coincidental not to be a part of all this.

Does this kid actually have an offer? Lol.