Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Ed Schilling Leaving, Mike Roberts Arriving

IU guy, been on staff for some time...but how would most truly feel about this? TBH, that doesn't seem like a hire that would move the needle. I would like to get a known offensive mind, similar to what Michigan did with Luke Yaklich for defense. 

Love Elston but this team really needs to try and get a proven assistant coach that is know for his offense. I would love an IU guy, but don’t feel Elston is the right guy for this.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

IU guy, been on staff for some time...but how would most truly feel about this? TBH, that doesn't seem like a hire that would move the needle. I would like to get a known offensive mind, similar to what Michigan did with Luke Yaklich for defense. 

I figured he would just out of respect for him being on staff. Then if he blows CAM away and appears to be the best candidate so be it because who knows who will actually be available at this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

IMO, you make a contact with Lewis.  Didn't he take a job with ?? and then jumped shortly thereafter to his gig at Butler?  IMO you also make a call to Guyton.  Out of courtesy I suppose you contact Fife but that's as far as that one will go - a courtesy call.   Oddly, I'm really not that fired up about Calbert as an assistant.  Those are my thoughts if we're going after an IU guy but IMO, that's not a mandatory requirement.

16 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

IMO, you make a contact with Lewis.  Didn't he take a job with ?? and then jumped shortly thereafter to his gig at Butler?  IMO you also make a call to Guyton.  Out of courtesy I suppose you contact Fife but that's as far as that one will go - a courtesy call.   Oddly, I'm really not that fired up about Calbert as an assistant.  Those are my thoughts if we're going after an IU guy but IMO, that's not a mandatory requirement.

Yeah, agreed, it's not a requirement. Ostrom isn't an IU guys and he's killing it. Find the best guy and pay him more than what he's making now.

24 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I would love AJ Guyton!

So far today I have heard Elston, Calbert, Moye and a high school coach names all mentioned. Calbert would have to really pick up his recruiting and just his drive to be a good assistant before I would give him a chance. Don't know enough about Moye to decide. I think Elston will be really good someday. I'm not going into the high school coach yet. I would also think about giving Mike Roberts a chance. Other names 

Guyton, Lewis, Tim Miles, Ronald Norad, Tongal, or anyone who will make us better.

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

So far today I have heard Elston, Calbert, Moye and a high school coach names all mentioned. Calbert would have to really pick up his recruiting and just his drive to be a good assistant before I would give him a chance. Don't know enough about Moye to decide. I think Elston will be really good someday. I'm not going into the high school coach yet. I would also think about giving Mike Roberts a chance. Other names 

Guyton, Lewis, Tim Miles, Ronald Norad, Tongal, or anyone who will make us better.

If Greg Tonagel would come you just do it and call it a day. That dude can coach.

1 minute ago, Demo said:

If Greg Tonagel would come you just do it and call it a day. That dude can coach.

I just added him in there because his name comes up for everything. But I have never heard a bad word about him from anyone.

58 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Man, I can't stand Miles, but I bet he would be a great asst. coach.